Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, JLC said:

How are they set for strikers after Solanke's exit?

I've got a feeling we'll do them. 2.0 to Eddie's Mags

Unal is injured for a few more weeks, they've signed another recently but he didn't take any part in their last game. They've been playing Semenyo or Jebbison up top, so they certainly shouldn't have the firepower we do. But Bournemouth were one of those teams last season where they were far better than the sum of their parts. Won't be easy at all.

14 minutes ago, Rod said:

I'm sure that you are just making these comments up.  Very rarely have I witnessed what you are claiming.  You do watch our games I take it and not listening to RTG?

Oh my days. If you've not seen a basic mistake from BDB I'd argue that it is you that isn't watching. Or at least paying attention 

At Centre Back there’s not much evidence of it, certainly not at Newcastle. At LB he would regularly get beaten down the outside last year though. I think that’s less of an issue for him at CB though 

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Oh my days. If you've not seen a basic mistake from BDB I'd argue that it is you that isn't watching. Or at least paying attention 

I will TOTALLY flip this and inform you that you are spouting shite.  Dan Burn has been a great acquisition and his performances have mostly been heroic (last week for example).  He was forced into an unorthodox position for him at leftback because of our injury problems last season.  Up against a speedy winger I would concede that he struggled somewhat.  Overall though, I think he's been an unsung hero and when I see comments like yours I really question your ability to gauge what is a good player.  From your comments I can tell you automatically hate him regardless of his performances.  You have obviously told your mates that he is crap and you are desperate to be proven right, regardless of his excellent displays.  My opening sentence still stands, "you are spouting shite".

Really hope we grind out 4 points in the next two league games and get through the league cup to silence all the online negativity like personally. I'm not saying it's not warranted but just gets very tiresome very quickly for folk like me.

Edited by Heron

51 minutes ago, Rod said:

I will TOTALLY flip this and inform you that you are spouting shite.  Dan Burn has been a great acquisition and his performances have mostly been heroic (last week for example).  He was forced into an unorthodox position for him at leftback because of our injury problems last season.  Up against a speedy winger I would concede that he struggled somewhat.  Overall though, I think he's been an unsung hero and when I see comments like yours I really question your ability to gauge what is a good player.  From your comments I can tell you automatically hate him regardless of his performances.  You have obviously told your mates that he is crap and you are desperate to be proven right, regardless of his excellent displays.  My opening sentence still stands, "you are spouting shite".

Can't even tell if you're trying to be amusing or actually a member of Burns family

Just now, gjohnson said:

Can't even tell if you're trying to be amusing or actually a member of Burns family

And you are an arsehole!  Next fascinating comment from you.

53 minutes ago, Rod said:

:lol:

Dan Burn is a fantastic representative of Newcastle and Newcastle United. He's put in some amazing shifts since signing and the shit he gets online is absolutely fucking absurd. If anything, Eddie Howe fucked up leaving him so exposed at Left Back, and I love Eddie Howe.

Everyone seems desperate to hate on folk online. Bizarre.

Why anyone as a Newcastle fan or Geordie would slate Dan Burn is beyond me. He encapsulates what being a Newcastle fan is for much of its community. He represents this city. Just as Sean Longstaff does (and others) and I'm proud of how they represent people like me.

Just now, Heron said:

Dan Burn is a fantastic representative of Newcastle and Newcastle United. He's put in some amazing shifts since signing and the shit he gets online is absolutely fucking absurd. If anything, Eddie Howe fucked up leaving him so exposed at Left Back, and I love Eddie Howe.

Thank you Heron.  I love you even more now, if that was even possible.

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Scored some good goals too! 🖤🤍 BDB

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Really hope we grind out 4 points in the next two league games and get through the league cup to silence all the online negativity like personally. I'm not saying it's not warranted but just gets very tiresome very quickly for folk like me.

It’s not warranted. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not warranted. 

I just feel like the sense of entitlement is lifting. Not sure where it has come from as Newcastle fans or even of it's a societal thing. Social media has become the pits. Folk just wanting to fight each other and wind folk up all the time. Just using freedom of speech like a beacon of excuse for twattery.

Oh and I'm off on one. :lol:

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I just feel like the sense of entitlement is lifting. Not sure where it has come from as Newcastle fans or even of it's a societal thing. Social media had become the pits. Folk just wanting to fight each other and wind folk up all the time. Just using freedom of speech like a beacon of excuse for twattery.

Oh and I'm off on one. :lol:

Don't change.  We need people like you.

19 minutes ago, Rod said:

And you are an arsehole!  Next fascinating comment from you.

I have a different opinion to you, and it makes me an arsehole?

I dont need to say any more

Just now, gjohnson said:

You're still entitled to your opinion and my opinion of you is you are an arsehole.

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

And your posts are giving me strong Laurence Fox "she's turned the Bairns against me" vibes

gjohnson won't have a clue what that implies.

6 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I'm sure anymore is one word.

4 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Jesus, Miggys been here a while [emoji38]

It's weird, I feel like he's still kind of a newish signing :lol: Same with the likes of Wilson who has also been here ages but it just doesn't feel like it. 

BDB is a legend. There has always been criticism of him being played at LB, but this was about tactics and team selection, not the man himself.

I have no concerns about BDB playing half a season at CB. The big worry is what happens if there are any further injuries at CB

15 hours ago, Stifler said:

Sorry like, but in response to those who would take a draw. If you want us to be competing for the Champions League, or even Europe, then a draw away to Bournemouth would have to be a result you have to be disappointed with.

If you look at the last 28 games of last season, Bournemouth got one fewer point than us and more points than Spurs. The 28 game thing comes from me looking at the table after the first 10 games. That's six months of better form than Tottenham. During that time, they got 11 more points than Brighton, who many will fear on their own park.

bournemouth.thumb.png.5aa7e7a84af015402abe544867649abc.png

I suppose the biggest question will be how much of it was Solanke powered. Did Solanke make Bournemouth/Ireola look good or was it vice versa? 

Anyway, not a must-win for me. Not at this stage.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

If you look at the last 28 games of last season, Bournemouth got one fewer point than us and more points than Spurs. The 28 game thing comes from me looking at the table after the first 10 games. That's six months of better form than Tottenham. During that time, they got 11 more points than Brighton, who many will fear on their own park.

bournemouth.thumb.png.5aa7e7a84af015402abe544867649abc.png

I suppose the biggest question will be how much of it was Solanke powered. Did Solanke make Bournemouth/Ireola look good or was it vice versa? 

Anyway, not a must-win for me. Not at this stage.

As I said yesterday, when we finished 4th we drew away to Bournemouth as did Villa last season. We will obviously go and try and win but a point is more than decent imo.