Edmond Tapsoba

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

We buy youth yea - but I mean more Tino, Hall, Gordon levels youth. Prospects with some pedigree that cost a decent amount, but with potential to double, triple, quadruple in value, etc.

Pivas doesn't really fit that bill.

This is exactly what our business should be like, high ceiling 18-22 year olds with the odd massive signing thrown in.

I’m suggesting we continue to buy a Botman, and Isak, a Gordon, a Tonali, a Bruno, a Tino, a Hall. Not a load of overpriced 24-26 year olds who are at or near peak value, and aren’t likely to improve as much. That approach will ruin us unless the financial rules change massively.

I like the punt on Will Osula, if we signed 4 of those and one top player aged 21-24 then that would represent a successful window for me, especially without Europe this year.

This is what Brighton and Bournmouth and other upwardly mobile clubs have started doing. We have an amazing first team coaching set up who will polish those diamonds. Our revenues aren’t adequate to overpay for established stars for every transfer.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Dele Alli may yet also sign, too.

:lol: if Ashley were still running this club, we would 100% be after 2024’s Dele Alli 

6 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Looking increasingly likely we're gonna need BDB and Murphy to take things up a few notches this season if we're to have a hope of getting near top 4.

Think they just need to play about the same and the rest of squad stay fit. 

53 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Surely this is even less likely than Guehi? :lol: I felt like that about other players we have tbf, but this one seems beyond who we can get.

Never know, might have a not so secret gambling addiction we don't know of and they want rid. Helps we can over double his salary. 

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

I’ll be flabbergasted if we sign him. The recruitment strategy appears wrong, we need to buy these players before they are borderline elite. I’m surprised we aren’t shopping in a similar market to Bournmouth or Brighton, with perhaps 1 big signing per year.

That said I’d be delighted if we did pull it off, he’s a real talent.

The most annoying thing about this argument is if we were shopping exclusively in this market there'd be a chorus of complaints about how we'll never compete with City / Arsenal / Liverpool by shopping at Aldi, where's our ambition, etc. etc.

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The most annoying thing about this argument is if we were shopping exclusively in this market there'd be a chorus of complaints about how we'll never compete with City / Arsenal / Liverpool by shopping at Aldi, where's our ambition, etc. etc.

I think the club have been quite open in the past that they need to do it a little bit differently. We haven’t been competing in the same market as those teams, they weren’t prepared to punt on Bruno or Isak despite scouting relentlessly but we were.

We have built so well over the past 3 years, why the need to suddenly go up a level or 2 for established stars… Eddie would be sacked if it failed and I can’t see that as a platform for continuing success or growth of the club.

Lets pick up the next Bruno before his club wants £100m release clause meeting to sell him.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

This is good, not only do you know him, you have leverage over this boy.

Good point. Sod ethics I'll put the squeeze on and see if we can get it wrapped up by the weekend for £20 and the last of the Sports Direct mugs that we have in storage.

39 minutes ago, Deuce said:

:lol: if Ashley were still running this club, we would 100% be after 2024’s Dele Alli 

Kuyt on a free at 11:58pm.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Bournemouth and Brighton aren’t genuinely pushing to get into the top 4.

When the top of your realistic aim is the minor European places, you can take a bit of a punt with almost exclusively shopping in those markets, but if you genuinely want to regularly compete with the top teams, you have to buy proven quality occasionally.

EXACTLY this.

Just now, SAK said:

Should have made this move weeks ago, bit late in the day now.

You have no idea when talks started or how long ago plans have been put in place behind the scenes.

The propensity some of you have for just constantly complaining about things is disgusting.

45 minutes ago, Teasy said:

If we trigger the release clause there's no need for negotiations.

If we trigger that release clause I'll need to be negotiated down from the fucking moon. 

No way we have that kind of money to splash on one player. And a CB of all positions. 

16 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

If we trigger that release clause I'll need to be negotiated down from the fucking moon. 

No way we have that kind of money to splash on one player. And a CB of all positions. 

So 65m on Guehi, an unknown quantity, would be rational in your eyes, but 100m on Tapsoba, a known quantity and world class CB, would be out of the question for you?

Not asking tongue in cheek either, genuinely curious.

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

So 65m on Guehi, an unknown quantity, would be rational in your eyes, but 100m on Tapsoba, a known quantity and world class CB, would be out of the question for you?

Not asking tongue in cheek either, genuinely curious.

Guehi 100% is a known quantity AND more importantly he's a know Premier League quantity. Always a bigger risk going for a player from a different league.

But also, £100M is out of the question because we haven't got that kind money to spend. Especially on a CB.

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You have no idea when talks started or how long ago plans have been put in place behind the scenes.

The propensity some of you have for just constantly complaining about things is disgusting.

A bit strong but I agree :lol:

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I find it quite amusing actually 😂 but more boring to be honest 

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Guehi 100% is a known quantity AND more importantly he's a know Premier League quantity. Always a bigger risk going for a player from a different league.

But also, £100M is out of the question because we haven't got that kind money to spend. Especially on a CB.

Would probably require dumping a purple or Miley next summer yea. The 70m price tag on Guehi to me screams unknown quantity, because we know, to a certainty, that based on his ability alone his value is somewhere in the 40m range. Think he's as much a gamble on potential the way Gordon was when we bought him.