Edmond Tapsoba

Yorkie

14 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

So 65m on Guehi, an unknown quantity, would be rational in your eyes, but 100m on Tapsoba, a known quantity and world class CB, would be out of the question for you?

Not asking tongue in cheek either, genuinely curious.

You got your two players mixed up there, bud? [emoji38]

Guehi an unknown quantity [emoji38]

Just now, christ said:

I’m sorry, but have I just seen England international and Premier League club captain Marc Guehi described as an unknown quantity? 

Unhinged.

He's mental. Absolutely mental.

9 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Guehi 100% is a known quantity AND more importantly he's a know Premier League quantity. Always a bigger risk going for a player from a different league.

But also, £100M is out of the question because we haven't got that kind money to spend. Especially on a CB.

Is it? We know we’ve been talking about £60-65m for Guehi, and this is £85m (€100m). Who’s to say we don’t have £100m plus to spend? 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

You got your two players mixed up there, bud? [emoji38]

Guehi an unknown quantity [emoji38]

There he is.

You might be the first to suggest Guehi is the superior option to Tapsoba. Clears up a lot of confusion I had surrounding your perspective, though, must say.

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

There he is.

You might be the first to suggest Guehi is the superior option to Tapsoba. Clears up a lot of confusion I had surrounding your perspective, though, must say.

Did I say that?

Not me going round talking shite.

You said that Guehi is an unknown quantity, you are wrong. Both a pretty known quantities, both a re good players, both will cost alot of money. Glad I could clear up your "confusion".

29 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You have no idea when talks started or how long ago plans have been put in place behind the scenes.

The propensity some of you have for just constantly complaining about things is disgusting.

Yet it comes out in the media after the Guehi deal falters, would suggest it’s a recent move. For the record I’m not a constant complainer, generally positive about the club but I think it’s fair criticism based on the transfer window to date. With that said I only want the best for the club and fans so fingers crossed we have some transfer success.

I do have an issue though with posters trying to police the opinions of others on a discussion forum, shock horror people may have an opinion different to yours.

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

A bit strong but I agree :lol:

Sorry, but it's just getting a bit too much.

Just complaining for the sake of it, on things we don't even have any idea about.

There's going to be a storm of complaints if the window closes and we don't do anything, and so can we at least have a bit of peace where possible, before then?

My goodness.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, SAK said:

Yet it comes out in the media after the Guehi deal falters, would suggest it’s a recent move. For the record I’m not a constant complainer, generally positive about the club but I think it’s fair criticism based on the transfer window to date. With that said I only want the best for the club and fans so fingers crossed we have some transfer success.

I do have an issue though with posters trying to police the opinions of others on a discussion forum, shock horror people may have an opinion different to yours.

Don't confuse policing opinions, with calling out people talking shite.

You can say pretty much what you want on this forum but the beauty is that others have the right to call out nonsense.

Forever and a day we've had miserable cunts just "telling it how it is", they are normally the first to leave in a huff.

Not at aimed at you by the way.

45 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You have no idea when talks started or how long ago plans have been put in place behind the scenes.

The propensity some of you have for just constantly complaining about things is disgusting.

It's honestly baffling considering how shite we were for the entirety of Mike Ashley as owner. :lol:  Coming as far as we have in a short amount of time seems to have entitled a portion of our support. 

Just now, The Bonk said:

It's honestly baffling considering how shite we were for the entirety of Mike Ashley as owner. :lol:  Coming as far as we have in a short amount of time seems to have entitled a portion of our support. 

WHAT MAN YOU DONT HAVE ANY AMBITION!!!! GOOD LUCK SUPPORTING OUR FAILURE OF A FOOTBALL CLUB. HOWE OUT.

6 minutes ago, SAK said:

Please, there's just a few more days then if things turn out like you're already anticipating, then you can go crazy with the complaints.

Until then we can't be too sure what plans they have been working on in conjunction with the ones that are public.

They've clearly decided to push things till quite late to get the best deals they can, so let's see.

We can't complain about PSR and then complain when they are being tedious about how money is spent.

6 pages of bickering [emoji38]

Please just sign someone NUFC and then shut this shitty transfer window so we can concentrate on the football please.

21 minutes ago, christ said:

I’m sorry, but have I just seen England international and Premier League club captain Marc Guehi described as an unknown quantity? 

Unhinged.

I will add my input here and I think I know a thing or two about football.  I knew very little about Marc Guehi until the Euros.  I freely admit I had to Google which club he played for during the Euros.  I'm sure that was upthemags was alluding to.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

WHAT MAN YOU DONT HAVE ANY AMBITION!!!! GOOD LUCK SUPPORTING OUR FAILURE OF A FOOTBALL CLUB. HOWE OUT.

:lol: :lol:  Mackems have some us pegged, that's for sure. 

18 minutes ago, STM said:

Did I say that?

Not me going round talking shite.

You said that Guehi is an unknown quantity, you are wrong. Both a pretty known quantities, both a re good players, both will cost alot of money. Glad I could clear up your "confusion".

We can agree to disagree. One is a world class CB - the other had a good Euro 2024, but before that, was nowhere near his current valuation based on his prem performance. Not sure if its the England fealty that seems to tickle on this matter. There's really no need to take things (e.g., my opinions) so hard, mate. It's just chatter.

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

I will add my input here and I think I know a thing or two about football.  I knew very little about Marc Guehi until the Euros.  I freely admit I had to Google which club he played for during the Euros.  I'm sure that was upthemags was alluding to.

Don't take this the wrong way Rod because I'm sure you are a sound lad, but perhaps if you didn't know who Marc Guehi was and didn't know he played for Palace that might rule you out of the "is he worth x price" chat.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

We can agree to disagree. One is a world class CB - the other had a good Euro 2024, but before that, was nowhere near his current valuation based on his prem performance. Not sure if its the England fealty that seems to tickle on this matter. There's really no need to take things (e.g., my opinions) so hard, mate. It's just chatter.

I don't take your opinions hard, don't worry. In fact, I largely avoid them. :thup:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Please, there's just a few more days then if things turn out like you're already anticipating, then you can go crazy with the complaints.

Until then we can't be too sure what plans they have been working on in conjunction with the ones that are public.

They've clearly decided to push things till quite late to get the best deals they can, so let's see.

We can't complain about PSR and then complain when they are being tedious about how money is spent.

This is the thing that’s irked me being lumped in with serial moaners for stating I think we’ve left it late to open negotiations for a high profile and important player and the suggestion that I’m looking for the club to fail in order to moan about it. Not my MO.

Despite this exchange I’ve no personal issue with you Kaka so will leave it at that.

Let’s hope for a positive end to the window. 

The reality is that prices are up and proven talents are going to fetch a pretty penny. We might be able to unearth a diamond for a bargain price, but it also doesn’t appear that we’re shopping for CB prospects at the moment. Armchair scouting is no replacement for the real thing, PSR number crunching with information asymmetries is a fool’s errand, and it’s illogical to say £XX million for Guehi or Tapsoba is a waste of money when we could buy Diomande, Huijsen, etc. for half the price, because you’re comparing apples and oranges.

Edited by Deuce

6 hours ago, christ said:

Unhinged.

The clamour for flashy foreign signings clouds judgement on here often, I feel like much of our fanbase are more emotionally attached to these types of signings for some reason 

Edited by Nine

It is intesting that those who discuss the "policing of opinions" in general, tend to have the shittest takes.  No one's stopping you from having or voicing your opinion, but making bold or just flat out incorrect comments is going to invite plenty of replies.