Edmond Tapsoba

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I wasn't.

I just said mbiwa won the French league at Lens. 

Don't know anything about this other gadgie, just making a comparison

Was Montpellier though, never played for Lens.

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

Tapsoba won the Bundesliga in a side that didn’t lose a single game and only conceded 24 goals in 34 games 

honesty this downplaying of achievements because it doesn’t fit a narrative is just weird. Same for the narrative around Minteh only playing in a shite league

The thing about the French league being shite was actually in support of the statement that this bloke from Leverkusen must be half decent 

But now I'm convinced we should just buy the cunt 

Just now, Pancrate1892 said:

The thing about the French league being shite was actually in support of the statement that this bloke from Leverkusen must be half decent 

But now I'm convinced we should just buy the cunt 

Fair enough 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What does this even mean? You do know how the transfer window works don’t you?

Never understand why people take transfer updates as gospel. The whole process is based on misinformation up until they are spotted at the club and even then it means nothing.

Yeah, it's just too harsh. If Mitchell or Howe were asked for updates all summer they would've got most of them wrong. How could the journalists know concrete info before hand? Bigger problem is that what they are saying is being taken as a gospel.

17 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What does this even mean? You do know how the transfer window works don’t you?

Never understand why people take transfer updates as gospel. The whole process is based on misinformation up until they are spotted at the club and even then it means nothing.

It means that the main ones who report on us have regurgitated the same information and stories for weeks. 

Yes I know how the window works, but we have had Douglas report since June that we may make a surprise signing. Waugh mentioning Elanga, Maduake etc as targets in the exact same article reposted for the last 2 months. Edward’s claiming we are close to a signing then nothing happening for weeks and then writing how it’s unrest behind the scenes. They have had a mare all summer but if you like them that’s your choice.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Holy shit, just woke up to this?  Fuck me this would be an unbelievable signing 

Go back and read the thread thru :lol: it pretty much got scuppered within the first page. No way it’s happening 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It means that the main ones who report on us have regurgitated the same information and stories for weeks. 

Yes I know how the window works, but we have had Douglas report since June that we may make a surprise signing. Waugh mentioning Elanga, Maduake etc as targets in the exact same article reposted for the last 2 months. Edward’s claiming we are close to a signing then nothing happening for weeks and then writing how it’s unrest behind the scenes. They have had a mare all summer but if you like them that’s your choice.

So how they had a nightmare? Nothing has happened so the same stories roll on. We may doesn’t mean we will. Even then I’d say Osula was a surprise and on no one’s radar when last season ended. We are close to signing Guehi but close isn’t signing him. We want him. Player wants the move and agent happy with terms and Palace will let him go at the right price so that’s all the working parts except the price agreed in place. Thats what close means. We have interest in Elanga, Maduake so again correct. Doesn’t mean we are going after them. We may if we shift Almiron. We may not.

So everything they’ve reported is exactly as it is just your interpretation is completely different to mine. 

They are not going to sell many papers or 'farm engagement' by saying they don't know shit about what's happening. Football journalists are a bit of relics from the past, club's aren't telling their plans to anyone in 2024 but they have to keep constantly typing as it's their job.

Edited by Pata

4 hours ago, The Bonk said:

It's honestly baffling considering how shite we were for the entirety of Mike Ashley as owner. :lol:  Coming as far as we have in a short amount of time seems to have entitled a portion of our support. 

I was having a look back at my Instagram feed and I posted that we would probably get relegated in Jan ‘22. That’s really not long enough ago for us to have forgotten about it. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

So how they had a nightmare? Nothing has happened so the same stories roll on. We may doesn’t mean we will. Even then I’d say Osula was a surprise and on no one’s radar when last season ended. We are close to signing Guehi but close isn’t signing him. We want him. Player wants the move and agent happy with terms and Palace will let him go at the right price so that’s all the working parts except the price agreed in place. Thats what close means. We have interest in Elanga, Maduake so again correct. Doesn’t mean we are going after them. We may if we shift Almiron. We may not.

So everything they’ve reported is exactly as it is just your interpretation is completely different to mine. 

Have you read Waugh in particular this summer, when I say he repeats his stories, I mean word for word copy and paste each and every week. It’s literally the exact same thing.  It’s absolutely shit journalism.

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Any reason we can’t just go and get Diamonde? Everything I’ve read would suggest he’d be a good option.

Doesn’t play in the Premier League. 

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Have you read Waugh in particular this summer, when I say he repeats his stories, I mean word for word copy and paste each and every week. It’s literally the exact same thing.  It’s absolutely shit journalism.

It’s not meant to be journalism. It’s a deal sheet that they update if there is any updates. It’s just a reference point to check in on every week. They do it for every club.

It’s like a movie critic having a list of their five most anticipated movies. It won’t rarely change until the release date has passed or other new movies announced.

None of it means anything or has any relevance it’s just filling space. Don’t get worked up by it 🙂

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah, you wouldn't expect a Scoop from Waugh.

*holds bat aloft, salutes all sides of the ground*

49 minutes ago, brummie said:

Yeah, you wouldn't expect a Scoop from Waugh.

*holds bat aloft, salutes all sides of the ground*

Waugh is an alright bloke and writer.  Not sure why you are gunning for him.