Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

10 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Italy are playing Israel (who should be banned from International sport but that another thread) tonight. 

If Sandro gets another start that's good prep with a, subsequent, 6 day period before our game. Probs have rest days that might leave a couple of days training back with us. 

I think Longstaff will start. 

Yeah I’m inclined to think he might come off the bench v Wolves but start v Fulham. 

Gordon is looking sharper, Isak scored two and will be sharper and Tonali is coming on now too. Bruno has looked a little off the pace too but should be better for Wolves. Gives me much more confidence for the next few games. We’ll be a totally different side with those three in form, game changers. I think our passing and play will be much quicker and more precise.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I’m inclined to think he might come off the bench v Wolves but start v Fulham. 

Agree. 

Probably even regardless wether he gets much game time tonight. Bit of a contradiction, I guess, but the guy hasn't played for a year. Too much too soon might be a consideration. The contradiction being he looked like a steam train against France. 

If he does the same against GenocideFC I'd say the club have spent the last 11 months prepping him very well. 

I still wouldn't cry too much if Longstaff starts. 

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Agree. 

Probably even regardless wether he gets much game time tonight. Bit of a contradiction, I guess, but the guy hasn't played for a year. Too much too soon might be a consideration. The contradiction being he looked like a steam train against France. 

If he does the same against GenocideFC I'd say the club have spent the last 11 months prepping him very well. 

I still wouldn't cry too much if Longstaff starts. 

Yeah Longstaff was fine against Spurs really it’s just a question of when Howe feels Tonali is ready to start and whether there’s maybe more benefit to bringing him on rather than starting him

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah Longstaff was fine against Spurs really it’s just a question of when Howe feels Tonali is ready to start and whether there’s maybe more benefit to bringing him on rather than starting him

Exactly. I think the level of performance he presented versus France is a credit to both him and the staff as to what they've been doing. 

I'm not unique in salivating over the prospect of Tonali/Bruno/BigJoe or LittleJoe come to that. 

Must trust the team, tho. Impatient as I am. 

3 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Italy play tomorrow (Mon) not today. Don't think he (and Bruno) should start their respective matches for different reasons but we'll see.

Aye, not sure why I typed tonight 😂 Hence the 6 days

4 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Italy play tomorrow (Mon) not today. Don't think he (and Bruno) should start their respective matches for different reasons but we'll see.

Bruno's Wednesday, yeah? Even less time. 

Have Wolves any Internationals out n about much? 

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Bruno's Wednesday, yeah? Even less time. 

Have Wolves any Internationals out n about much? 

Think about half a team just like us. Strangely enough I did Google it a couple of days ago as I thought similarly about the impact the international players would have on this match. Bruno was subbed on the hour either because the manager wanted something different or in preparation for Wed. I hope it's the former for our sakes on this occasion. 

35 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

That probably means we've lost to Wolves if this happens

9 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Can't wait for Sunday, International breaks are properly shite, especially this pathetic nations league.

If internationals have to be played I’d much rather that there was an international month or so at either the beginning or the end of the season and knock the regular breaks on the head.  The September one pisses me off the most - it feels like the season hasn’t really started until it’s done.  

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If internationals have to be played I’d much rather that there was an international month or so at either the beginning or the end of the season and knock the regular breaks on the head.  The September one pisses me off the most - it feels like the season hasn’t really started until it’s done.  

Yeah, we just get going and it comes to a halt. 

Totally pointless. 

20 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Yeah, we just get going and it comes to a halt. 

Totally pointless. 

Honestly we’ve just had a major tournament a few months back - now another break - it’s a total nonsense - nobody cares 

The more it think about it, the more I'd rather there be a month long international break in January for these fixtures to be played rather than the stop start nature of the start of the season, a bit like Rugby has.

22 hours ago, black_n_white said:

He’s just played a blinder annd full 90 minutes  against France and people think he’s starting as a substitute behind longstaff?? Not happening really is it.

Depends how we are setting up. If we are sitting deep and playing on the counter, Longstaff can do that role and his limitations are less exposed. Obviously Tonali could probably do it better, but I guess if he is going to start on the bench due to international duty, away from home to Wolves isn't the worst fixture.

On 08/09/2024 at 08:51, ExiledGeordie said:

Gordon is looking sharper, Isak scored two and will be sharper and Tonali is coming on now too. Bruno has looked a little off the pace too but should be better for Wolves. Gives me much more confidence for the next few games. We’ll be a totally different side with those three in form, game changers. I think our passing and play will be much quicker and more precise.

I just hope we won't be sitting so deep again. Our next 2 games are both away games, and then comes Man City.

Most of our players on international duty should be back on wednesday, given that the game is on sunday they will all be training Thurs/Fri/Sat???

Should be enough time for the first team to pick itself...

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

Depends how we are setting up. If we are sitting deep and playing on the counter, Longstaff can do that role and his limitations are less exposed. Obviously Tonali could probably do it better, but I guess if he is going to start on the bench due to international duty, away from home to Wolves isn't the worst fixture.

I remember a certain against Palace at the end of last season. We had a break of 2 weeks without a game, while they had played 3 days ago. They were all over us, and it was argued that the difference in breaks was actually to their advantage since we were rusty and off rhythm. Is this not a factor in this case?

Edited by Erikse

We need to pick up our rythym and quick! Hopefully with the international games the players will have gained some more match sharpness.

Wolves look really average so far and we should be looking for three points  from this game.

Would love to see Tonali on from the start and then bring on Sean when we are a couple of goals to the better, likewise with other benched lads.

Will Calum be ready for this one?

3 minutes ago, buzza said:

We need to pick up our rythym and quick! Hopefully with the international games the players will have gained some more match sharpness.

Wolves look really average so far and we should be looking for three points  from this game.

Would love to see Tonali on from the start and then bring on Sean when we are a couple of goals to the better, likewise with other benched lads.

Will Calum be ready for this one?

Eddie said after the internationals but that probably means around Christmas [emoji38]