Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

The game was pretty equal and a draw would have probably been the fair result, but this is football so enjoy the good times as bad ones will come (and nourish the forum:bluestar:).

We had a really dominant 25 mins, they got the goal and sucker punched us, left us groggy until the second half. We came out lively and the whole second half was very even again with both sides having small runs of dominance.

The really confusing thing for me is our pressing or lack of it or lack of synchronisation??? What has happened to us? We seem really lethargic and disjointed with teams passing through us at ease. Somebody enlighten me why?

Having read a couple of other threads, it could be that we are not pressing high because we have such a slow back line and it would be easy for teams to pick us off with pace and over the top or lateral balls...

Waiting for the Sky coverage and caught the back end of Spurs/Arsenal. 

When Gabriel scored? Have you heard the fucking plight of Dury's patter? 

Just got back from 4 days in Benners and, on top of all the ale, had a lamb phall last night. I nearly barfed it all up "rose majestically, muscle etc etc" 

Probably just a coincidence at this stage but all four of our second half goals this season have come between the 75th and 80th minutes.

Barnes should really have put his last minute chance away though and I suspect we might have had another chance or two on the break had we had a sub left to throw Osula on for Hall when they were committing men forward in stoppage time.

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Having read a couple of other threads, it could be that we are not pressing high because we have such a slow back line and it would be easy for teams to pick us off with pace and over the top or lateral balls...

Think it's mostly Howe adjusting from 22/23. By the end of that season, we were utterly knackered, could only press for about 25-30 min, and then would sit in that low block and try to hang on. Think it could be a useful tool for us this season, however, in certain games. For example, would love to see us go into that all out press against Man City and really give it a go.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Waiting for the Sky coverage and caught the back end of Spurs/Arsenal. 

When Gabriel scored? Have you heard the fucking plight of Dury's patter? 

Just got back from 4 days in Benners and, on top of all the ale, had a lamb phall last night. I nearly barfed it all up "rose majestically, muscle etc etc" 

I know m8. Narcissistic cunt gets off on the sound of his own voice [emoji38]

21 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Screenshot2024-09-16at6_12_59PM.png.ff59d92509d2267de21a478780a25ba7.png

He clearly is. :lol:  

Different attributes. Barnes can strike the ball better if anything in my opinion, but Ginola could skin defenders for fun. He was more of a traditional winger, dropping the shoulder, going past players and opening teams up. Barnes has less of the natural skill, but is more of a team man.

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

Different attributes. Barnes can strike the ball better if anything in my opinion, but Ginola could skin defenders for fun. He was more of a traditional winger, dropping the shoulder, going past players and opening teams up. Barnes has less of the natural skill, but is more of a team man.

Ginola still scored one of the best goals for us I can remember..

Ginola was obviously more skillful but..

Harvey Barnes has 7 Premier League goals in 900 minutes for us, Ginola got 6 in 4600 minutes.

Other than both scoring some amazing goals they arent comparable at all yeah.