Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 28/09/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Goes to show how bad the summer window really was. Isak picks up an inevitable injury and we're literally back to square one.

We've got Osula as 3rd choice, which is more than most clubs has. There has to be a point where you can't blame the transfer window anymore. If Osula gets injured, do we criticize the transfers because we didn't bring in a 4th striker for one position? If we did, and he got injured as well, do we continue blaming the transfers because we didn't buy a 5th, 6th, 7th choice striker? :lol: 

Just now, Conjo said:

We've got Osula as 3rd choice, which is more than most clubs has. There has to be a point where you can't blame the transfer window anymore. If Osula gets injured, do we criticize the transfers because we didn't bring in a 4th striker for one position? If we did, and he got injured as well, do we continue blaming the transfers because we didn't buy a 5th, 6th, 7th choice striker? :lol: 

I think the point being Wilson should have been moved on 12 months ago and we should have more quality up front in general. 

Just now, Conjo said:

Wilson is continually injured, he should have been relegated to third choice, or sold, and a new second striker brought in, is what I think most people are alluding to.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think the point being Wilson should have been moved on 12 months ago and we should have more quality up front in general. 

I think the problem with Wilson would be lack of interest from other clubs. Getting a right winger could've helped though, in situations where Gordon will play upfront.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I think the problem with Wilson would be lack of interest from other clubs. Getting a right winger could've helped though, in situations where Gordon will play upfront.

Lack of interest now aye, but back then after the season we finished 4th im sure we could have got some money for him. 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Lack of interest now aye, but back then after the season we finished 4th im sure we could have got some money for him. 

That's true, it could have been the right option. We haven't been selling anyone who has performed to some degree, it's what separates good selling clubs from less good ones.

But, I must say that from what I saw, almost noone was talking about the striker position after this summer window. This was kind of the point I was getting at. I suppose the damage was already done when we didn't sell Wilson a while ago, but that doesn't have anything to do with this window.

Edited by Erikse

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Osula's not really 3rd choice though is he? Gordon is getting picked ahead of him, and probably will be for the forseeable future. Osula seems to be bracketed more of a development player if anything.

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Pep stopping the questions to wish Darren Eales well before taking questions regarding us.

He's class Pep - always seems to be very good about us (probably SBR connection)!

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

Whey nar - they're a justified reason to visit the Garter at 9am :D

With a tin of cat food and a frisbee 

Expecting defeat. Performances haven't improved and Fulham result was poor. Especially after international break for time to regroup somewhat. If we keep playing like we have it will be unpleasant viewing.

I'm hoping we step up - sure we will a bit. Just hope scoreline isn't daft and no injuries please.

Just now, RS said:

With a tin of cat food and a frisbee 

:D

Away games brings out the buffoonery! I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid in the Garter if I whipped all that shit out mind out at 9am!

7 minutes ago, Big River said:

early kick offs should be banned

I've made arrangements to take my daughter out tomorrow and to be back for 3pm... and I realised this morning it's an early kick off....fumed, then remembered it's against City. :lol:Probably done myself a massive favour missing out watching it.

13 minutes ago, hakka said:

I've made arrangements to take my daughter out tomorrow and to be back for 3pm... and I realised this morning it's an early kick off....fumed, then remembered it's against City. :lol:Probably done myself a massive favour missing out watching it.

you won't be saying that when we win 1-1