Chelsea vs Newcastle United: 27/10/24 @ 14:00 Sky Sports

Paully

16 hours ago, Crimson Cardigan said:

Chelsea struggle with a low block and are prone to conceding poor goals. We have a chance in this. Also having a squad packed with that many heartless mercenaries means they can lose their heads. We need to play smart.

They've still got a much better squad, and as we saw in the second half of last season, that ultimately counts. Of course we've got a chance of getting a result, if we can stop conceding soft goals that would really help.

4 hours ago, TRon said:

They've still got a much better squad, and as we saw in the second half of last season, that ultimately counts. Of course we've got a chance of getting a result, if we can stop conceding soft goals that would really help.

And scoring too! [emoji38]

Might be blind optimism, as I'm going to this one.  But I actually think despite how good they have looked for a lot of this season.  I think we match up quite well against them.

Just the away form is obviously a bit of a worry.  

On 20/10/2024 at 09:25, Paully said:

Is anyone else watching this in Vegas (ohh look at me!)?!

We’re watching it at the Rum Runner Lounge on Tropicana (Toon Army Las Vegas) if anyone else is over there and fancies a 7am beverage!

Update in case anyone else in Vegas!

@everyone we are going to switch the location of Sundays matchday to Hennessey on Fremont st. We will not be at the Rum Runner. Please look in the event tab for address

8 hours ago, Paully said:

Update in case anyone else in Vegas!

@everyone we are going to switch the location of Sundays matchday to Hennessey on Fremont st. We will not be at the Rum Runner. Please look in the event tab for address

Watched us v Wolves earlier this season in Hennesseys mate you'll have a canny day.

Edited by NUFC91

Not an ideal prep playing away in Greece tonight. A few expected starters were in from the off. Plus some on the bench. 

They were not great against Forest after their last European game. Might have been totally unrelated and Forest have been good this season. But you never know. 

Clutching at straws? Yes :lol: But I’ll look for any positive I can. 

11 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not an ideal prep playing away in Greece tonight. A few expected starters were in from the off. Plus some on the bench. 

They were not great against Forest after their last European game. Might have been totally unrelated and Forest have been good this season. But you never know. 

Clutching at straws? Yes :lol: But I’ll look for any positive I can. 

They'll probably play an entirely different 11 this weekend, but one that's still worth £600 million.

5 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

They'll probably play an entirely different 11 this weekend, but one that's still worth £600 million.

I’ve not suggested they won’t make big changes? I mentioned a few likely starters and the same on the bench. Hard to say ‘regular’ starters. As like you reference, they can rotate £100m players FFS :lol: 

But it isn’t an ideal prep. Less time to work on the gameplan for Sunday and a lot of players that will be involved will have made a 3000 mile round trip. 

Like I said. Straw clutching and they’ll

probably still have too much for us regardless. But I do still think we match up well against how they play at the back.  

Edited by Lush Vlad

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’ve not suggested they won’t make big changes? I mentioned a few likely starters and the same on the bench. Hard to say ‘regular’ starters. As like you reference, they can rotate £100m players FFS :lol: 

But it isn’t an ideal prep. Less time to work on the gameplan for Sunday and a lot of players that will be involved will have made a 3000 mile round trip. 

Like I said. Straw clutching and they’ll

probably still have too much for us regardless. But I do still think we match up well against how they play at the back.  

It’s something we should be looking to take advantage of without a doubt. 

Thinking about this game yesterday, and despite having little confidence in getting a result, it is the sort of game where should be expecting better energy levels then the opposition and a good plan to approach the game.

Whole positive point of not being in Europe is for this type of game. We’ve had a week to work on a specific game plan for opposition, whilst they are travelling back from Europe Friday morning and will have scratch training just working briefly on shape and set up. 

52 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Thinking about this game yesterday, and despite having little confidence in getting a result, it is the sort of game where should be expecting better energy levels then the opposition and a good plan to approach the game.

Whole positive point of not being in Europe is for this type of game. We’ve had a week to work on a specific game plan for opposition, whilst they are travelling back from Europe Friday morning and will have scratch training just working briefly on shape and set up. 

Unfortunately Chelsea are running pretty much two separate teams for the league and Europe in the pre knock out stage. Still some benefit to us as the coaching staff are obviously occupied but Palmer et al will have been wrapped up at home watching on TV.

Just now, CallumG6 said:

Would we rather win in the league or in the cup if you could only have one?

I feel like we need to go all in on the cups this year as an insurance policy for Europe if our league position doesn't qualify us.

Cup, so I’ll take a draw here.

19 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Watched us v Wolves earlier this season in Hennesseys mate you'll have a canny day.

Cheers mate - much better location too! Apparently it’s where their lot go for their matches so should be good craic! 

Sky have whacked on In-depth highlights of the 3-2 Sissoko game. Funny watching it back post VAR. Chelsea 100% get a pen for Ba getting booted in the face and Cisse definitely gets a red for grabbing Cole around the neck. 

need Eddie to out-tactic them

3-5-2 anyone?

-------------Pope 

------Krafth Schar Burn-----

Tino Tonali Bruno Joelinton Hall

-‐---‐-----Isak Gordon

some good options/cover on the bench 

Willock, Barnes, Murphy, Almiron, Miley, Kelly, Osula + a few goalkeepers

Edited by Ginola14