Everton vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I saw the game I cannot say that we play badly we just didn’t take our changes but the Everton did that I also didn’t feel that we got any favours from the referee.

The third goal from Neville was from a give away free kick witch should have been nothing.

So in my opinion we should consecrate in the positive thing we looked lively on the middle and on a normal day we would have at least gotten a draw bluewink.gif.

But on to lees positive thing is the fact that we need to have some defenders here fast and try to keep them injury free for a couple of games goal number one and two would not have happened if we would have a organised defence.

Ah that was shite. Here are my player ratings. Bear in mind that after they made it 3-0, I basically tuned out. Just shite.

Given - 5. Couldn't kick today (literally). I thought he might have done better with the Neville goal considering the high standards that we have come to expect from him. Any other goalkeeper and I'd probably say that this goal was hard to save considering how much the ball was spinning and how wet it was but with Given, you just expect better.

Solano - 5. Didn't notice his defending so I can't comment on that. Drifted in too much for my liking because he wasn't involved. Offensively, pretty much non-existant. His passes were either too short or too long, symptomatic of the team really. I hope it was just the pitch and how wet it was bluesigh.gif

Huntington - 5. Was poor tbh. Offensively, he's like Ramage = fucking shit. However, that's to be expected from a CB playing as an LB. Defensively, he wasn't that good as well. Same with the rest of the defence.

Taylor - 6. The only bright spot in defence? He still seemed calm and composed and was not at fault for any of our goals, which is a big plus. His anticipation has improved markedly and without him, it would have been a lot worse.

Ramage - 6. Was good enough while he was on.

Emre - 6. First half was decent as he was involved in our game. Second half just poor. Passes not finding targets (this applies to Dyer and Martins as well) and losing possession at crucial moments in our attack. Poor corners as well. Don't think many went past the first man, and when it did on the odd occasion, went over/past everybody else.

Dyer - 6. Not his usual electric self. Ran at their defence once and guess what happened? We got a penalty. His passing wasn't crisp and certianly wasn't on the same wavelength with anyone else on the pitch.

Milner 7. Best player on the pitch for us. Kept on running. His crosses are finding our men in the box more often than not now. He was the only one who ran at their defence consistently and it was obviousy he was our only outlet in attack.

Butt - 5. Ineffective in the first half, started out the second half well as a CB but then his lack of experience playing in the position showed as he was caught out quite a few times. Marking was also suspect.

Martins - 5. Disappointing from him after his decent performance in the first half. Penalty just ruined his confidence. His first touch was Shola-esque at times. Good points was he was trying to make things happen, but again, passes weren't finding teammates and/or wasn't weighted perfectly.

Sibs - 5. Decent linkup play but didn't offer anything else. Movement was really non-existant and just couldn't get anything going with Martins.

Shite defending from free kicks costed us goals. Can't believe we didn't at least score a goal. Poor penalty from Martins, really came out of nowhere that. Pick a foot man!

We did play good possession football at times, but couldn't sustain it nor could we get a goal from the times that we were on top. That was the difference. When they were on top, they got their goals.

Guest andynufc84

Clearly our left hand side needs sorting out, Emre, Parker and Butt didn't work! We got exposed horribly.

Bring back duff and sign a left back, Roeder has got to have the balls to drop one of those players.

As for monday...oh dear!

Am I just imagining it or have performances / results dipped since Parker and Butt replaced Emre and Butt?

I think so.

Yes but the Roedent just dosent see it.

:(

Roeder needs to drop Parker and get back to fielding the winning line up of the previous games. It's not going to happen though. He can never just stick to a winning formula can he?

Roeder is part of the problem, we do better when he hasn't any decisions to make.

It's hard to argue with that.

He was forced into playing Emre-Butt.

He was forced into playing Steven Taylor in central defence.

He was forced into playing Solano at right back.

XVentura from the match thread said....

IIRC we started like this

Given

Solano  Taylor  Ramage  Huntington

Milner  Parker  Butt    Emre

Dyer    Martins

Emre was floating around quite a bit and drifted in centrally on a number of occasions and Dyer dropped back to help the midfield quite a bit as well. However, for the most part, it was a 4-4-2.

With the number of injuries throughout the squad it was always going to be a problem when Ramage went off.

My main concern is that we once again started with an unbalanced side, just as we have in other recent games. Dyer and Milner should have been the wide men with Sibierski/Martins up front and Butt/Emre in the middle.

The thing that bothers me is Roeder fannying around with a team that was playing well and winning without Parker, changing the balance and shape the moment he is fit again. It reminds me of Souness being unable to select two from Kluivert, Bellamy and Shearer. Something that cost the club badly because he should have dropped The Captain at that time but didn't.

I'm not happy about this at all. It is ultimately going to lead to problems, we will not make much progress if Roeder is unable to make these big decisions.

Clearly our left hand side needs sorting out, Emre, Parker and Butt didn't work! We got exposed horribly.

Bring back duff and sign a left back, Roeder has got to have the balls to drop one of those players.

As for monday...oh dear!

We're lucky enough to have a £9.5million left sided player fit and unused, he'll not get a game on Monday though.

Roeder needs to drop Parker and get back to fielding the winning line up of the previous games. It's not going to happen though. He can never just stick to a winning formula can he?

Roeder is part of the problem, we do better when he hasn't any decisions to make.

Dyer is giving him a real headache too. Up front, off the front man, right wing, centre midfield and right side of a front three. Dyer has played in all of those positions in the last few games, and it's fucking ridiculous.

I actually think the performance will improve against Man U.  Teams rarely get thrashed twice in a row and that feels like a match where we lose 0-1 and try to avoid depression by saying it was a good performance with the injuries we had and we were unlucky not to snatch a point. 

I'm sure the "nil" part will be right.

I actually think the performance will improve against Man U.  Teams rarely get thrashed twice in a row and that feels like a match where we lose 0-1 and try to avoid depression by saying it was a good performance with the injuries we had and we were unlucky not to snatch a point. 

Newcastle 5 - 0 Man United.

Southampton 6, shit, it does sometimes happen.

Am I just imagining it or have performances / results dipped since Parker and Butt replaced Emre and Butt?

I think so.

Yes but the Roedent just dosent see it.

He strts to put us on our feet before putting us right back on our arse yet again.

Roeder needs replacing.

F***ing Everton. Desperate.

Exactly.

A wake up call for (and about) Roeder.

Ramage is not premier standard.

The tit whining at fellow fans the other day on his behalf will probably be looking the other way and whistling at the minute.

Sack Glenn Roeder...and bring a decent manager..

Because United rested their star players today for mondays game,and its not looking good

btw,ok sure luque is "bad", but wasn't starting him as LW better then starting emre?,at least he can put on or two good cross's in..

It was the same with the last transfer window, indecision, it's one of his biggest flaws.  He's a great bloke but a crap manager, I want him to do well almost as much as I wanted Sir Bobby to do well, I can't see it happening.

Guest Bellers

The score line flattered Everton, but at the end of the day the difference was they were far more clinical in front of goal. Until the second was scored the game was pretty even. Both sides spread the ball well and the game was streched.

Everton's first was down to sloppy defending from a set piece, as was the second. The problem is it's all well and good having a young back four, but their inexperience and general lack of height and physical presence is costing us.

Having said that we still had our fair share of chances they were just executed in a shambolic manour.

All in all it was a disappointing preformance from the lads, but at the minute they need to keep their heads up give a battling preformance against the league leaders and see what the transfer window brings.

Sack Glenn Roeder...and bring a decent manager..

Because United rested their star players today for mondays game,and its not looking good

btw,ok sure luque is "bad", but wasn't starting him as LW better then starting emre?,at least he can put on or two good cross's in..

I'd have rather played Luque there and shifted Emre back into the middle at the expense of Parker. Roedy won't though as that would mean possible embarassment for him if Luque done well.

We need Duff back for the game against Manyoo. If he's not back, I'm desperate enough to play Luque at LW because we need a left winger to be playing, and have Emre and Butt in the middle with Milner on the right. That's our best bet. I don't fancy seeing Dyer out on the wing because it takes him out of the game. I'd rather he float around with Martins up top, we seem to play better that way.