***Official Takeover Talk Thread***

Guest smoggeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the article seems to suggest that he will mount his offer 'within weeks' and freddy wants to sell to him over belgravia because he will offer significant investment into the team, which he doesnt believe belgravia can.

its in a few papers today this story, express even claims gillett's son is called 'geordie' :lol:

:lol:

Well he did say that he'd sell-up if a Geordie Abramovich came along.

the article seems to suggest that he will mount his offer 'within weeks' and freddy wants to sell to him over belgravia because he will offer significant investment into the team, which he doesnt believe belgravia can.

its in a few papers today this story, express even claims gillett's son is called 'geordie' :lol:

:lol:

Well he did say that he'd sell-up if a Geordie Abramovich came along.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_N._Gillett_Jr.

Guest Christian Hayne

Gillett in £150 Million Toon Bid

Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd has had contact from George Gillett regarding a takeover. George Gillett has told Shepherd that he would like to begin talks over taking control of the club. Gillett was previously winning the race to takeover at Liverpool after a £450 Million bid was placed; but after Sheikh Mohammed made his interest known in taking over at Liverpool Gillett has fallen out of the frame. However Gillett still wants to own a Premiership club as he looks to Newcastle United as his next target. A representative of George Gillett said today that, “George is still interested in owning a Premiership Club. George believes Newcastle United are the ideal club with drive and ambition to take forward. We cannot say too much at the moment but we are currently in talks with the club.”

It is believed that Toon supremo Freddy Shepherd would much rather sell the club to and individual than to the Belgravia group who first showed there interest in the club in August. Freddy shepherd once again today reiterated what he has said previously, “When there is something to say regarding the take over we will have to tell the stock exchange and all shareholders.”

It is believed that Gillett would like to be in control of the club in time for the January transfer window for major investment in the team. This could still be possible if Gillett moves quickly as the Legal side of the takeover should be quicker than the Belgravia group as it is an individual buying the club.

My brother works for the Mirror in London, and has sent me this info saying this is what is going to be in it regarding our takeover. i don't trust the Mirror either but it seems quite good information.

Gillet would be good for the club, he's well liked by the fans of his other sporting teams.  I'd be quite happy if

he bought the Toon.  He's committed to winning and doing what it takes to get there.  He's a smart bloke as

well and won't be as pompus as Freddy. 

He once took a dividend out for himself of 35m. That in itself will rule him out of the running in Macbeth's eyes.

Did he not also restructure the finances of the club in question with a shit load of debt in order to do it as well?

Not that it really matters, he used the divi to fund further ventures, all his money and his clubs so he can move money around them at will

The website of the Stock Exchange (link) writes "bid situation". Apart from that a company called AXA Rosenberg Invest. Man. has been snapping up some shares lately:

1.6697% - 20th November

1,6263% - 6th December

1,5887% - 8th December

1,1167% and 1,363% - Today

Something happens behind the scenes.

I was just at a party and was talking to a guy that knew Gillet, he talks highly of him, apparently he likes his clubs runned proffesionally doesn't like to intrude on his Managers unless he feels he is not doing his job the Montreal Canadien fans like him very much. So he has had lot's of experience in running a sports club so I think he would be good for us.

The website of the Stock Exchange (link) writes "bid situation". Apart from that a company called AXA Rosenberg Invest. Man. has been snapping up some shares lately:

1.6697% - 20th November

1,6263% - 6th December

1,5887% - 8th December

1,1167% and 1,363% - Today

Something happens behind the scenes.

Just savvy investment managers taking a punt on the back of current rumour and speculation. Nothing anymore significant than that.

I was just at a party and was talking to a guy that knew Gillet, he talks highly of him, apparently he likes his clubs runned proffesionally doesn't like to intrude on his Managers unless he feels he is not doing his job the Montreal Canadien fans like him very much. So he has had lot's of experience in running a sports club so I think he would be good for us.

small world , how come a guy like you can go to a party and go straight on to our forum and make so many spelling mistakes and expect to be taken seriously or were you pissed when you posted it.

small world , how come a guy like you can go to a party and go straight on to our forum and make so many spelling mistakes and expect to be taken seriously or were you pissed when you posted it.

Hahaha....  I was thinking the same thing, mate. 

GLENN ROEDER will get a huge transfer war chest if the £227million sale of Newcastle goes through.

Toon boss Roeder can expect a £20m windfall should American financiers Polygon and the United Bank of Switzerland complete the New Year deal.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd and the Hall family will also be huge winners.

Shepherd will pick up £20m from the deal while former owner Sir John Hall and his son Douglas should scoop around £48m.

Sir John paid £3m for the Toon in 1991.

It will be another Premiership club takeover by foreign backers.

They have pledged NOT to get involved in the playing side — unlike new West Ham supremo Eggert Magnusson, who sacked boss Alan Pardew this week.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-10151,00.html

Is the deal done?

The article "Flog on the Tyne: Newcastle sell up to foreign owners"  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=422801&in_page_id=1779&in_a_source=&ct=5

is certainly suggesting the deal is done.

This would appear to be huge news...

I always said we should respect Switzerland's position of neutrality during the war. Not for them the bloody travails of conflict, they simply wished to live in peace.