NOTW: Ljungberg to leave Arsenal

Wullie

Have always hated Ljungberg, so no. Overrated player with limited ability who hit a purple patch a few seasons ago - ignore that purple patch and hes like Bowyer, constantly missing or scuffing good chances. Does nowt except get the ball and pass it away, or play for a foul, although admittedly he has intelligent movement. I think Ljungberg is a very lucky man to have been playing for Arsenal, because its that movement that made him perfect for their system - anywhere else and hed just be an average player.

Hes too lightweight to be a central midfielder in the Premiership, the only positions he can play well are on both wings and to a lesser degree, behind the forwards. Might do a decent job here behind the fowards, but I think with Dyer and Emre we dont need that, and with Milner being able to play both wings, as well as Duff, we dont need him as a winger either - not that he ever was a true winger, again Arsenal's style of play helped him here.

Wenger is very good at getting rid of players before they become a burden.

Absolutely spot on Parky lad. Thats what would put me off Lauren too.

And Big Sol ;)

Aye but how many seasons will Campbell play for now? one more at this level? and has Wenger missed him? Not a bit.

Campbell's responded well to Harrys man management but he won't have the legs to play on. Hence he's virtually finished.

There aren't many players who Wengers let go that have gone on to produce better form for more than one season.

Jeffers

Petit

Overmars

Silvinho

Pires (granted he's fucked)

Winterburn

Anelka

The list goes on and on. Hence the reason I wouldn't be too keen to take Ljungberg or Lauren.

Wrong.

Arsenal have been terrible at the back at times this season. However, Sol and Gallas would have been amazing together.

Think Arsenal's defence has been quality, even more so when Gallas plays. Toure is one of the most under-rated players about, absolutely immense defender.

Have always hated Ljungberg, so no. Overrated player with limited ability who hit a purple patch a few seasons ago - ignore that purple patch and hes like Bowyer, constantly missing or scuffing good chances. Does nowt except get the ball and pass it away, or play for a foul, although admittedly he has intelligent movement. I think Ljungberg is a very lucky man to have been playing for Arsenal, because its that movement that made him perfect for their system - anywhere else and hed just be an average player.

Hes too lightweight to be a central midfielder in the Premiership, the only positions he can play well are on both wings and to a lesser degree, behind the forwards. Might do a decent job here behind the fowards, but I think with Dyer and Emre we dont need that, and with Milner being able to play both wings, as well as Duff, we dont need him as a winger either - not that he ever was a true winger, again Arsenal's style of play helped him here.

And Big Sol ;)

Aye but how many seasons will Campbell play for now? one more at this level? and has Wenger missed him? Not a bit.

Campbell's responded well to Harrys man management but he won't have the legs to play on. Hence he's virtually finished.

There aren't many players who Wengers let go that have gone on to produce better form for more than one season.

Jeffers

Petit

Overmars

Silvinho

Winterburn

Anelka

The list goes on and on. Hence the reason I wouldn't be too keen to take Ljungberg or Lauren.

Wrong.

Arsenal have been terrible at the back at times this season. However, Sol and Gallas would have been amazing together.

Think Arsenal's defence has been quality, even more so when Gallas plays. Toure is one of the most under-rated players about, absolutely immense defender.

Totally agree and for the same weekly wage as Campbell Arsenal now have a stronger squad (Since buying Rosicky, Hleb are probably on about £40k a week and Sol was on a minimum of £80k).

Wenger and Ferguson are normally spot on when it comes to getting rid of players just in time.

Vieira has not produced his Arsenal form for Inter and he'll be finished (Certainly in his current position) in a couple of years. Arsenal got good dollar at the right time.

IMO Wenger is the best Manager (given the size and spending power of Arsenal when he took them over) in the Premiership and his speciality is buying at low cost and selling when the same players have maximum value. The only exception to this seems to have been Henry. I doubt they'll ever get an offer like the £30m Barca were going to pay for him again.

He won't be getting rid of Ljungberg if he's got 2 decent seasons left in him.

And Big Sol ;)

Jeffers

Petit

Overmars

Silvinho

Winterburn

Anelka

Wrong.

Totally agree and for the same weekly wage as Campbell Arsenal now have a stronger squad (Since buying Rosicky, Hleb are probably on about £40k a week and Sol was on a minimum of £80k).

Wenger and Ferguson are normally spot on when it comes to getting rid of players just in time.

Vieira has not produced his Arsenal form for Inter and he'll be finished (Certainly in his current position) in a couple of years. Arsenal got good dollar at the right time.

IMO Wenger is the best Manager (given the size and spending power of Arsenal when he took them over) in the Premiership and his speciality is buying at low cost and selling when the same players have maximum value. The only exception to this seems to have been Henry. I doubt they'll ever get an offer like the £30m Barca were going to pay for him again.

He won't be getting rid of Ljungberg if he's got 2 decent seasons left in him.

Aye agree completely, Wenger is top notch.

I have to say that for the Swedish national team he has been great the last years, seems to be getting better and better. Hopefully he will get a transfer to a spanish or Italian side and last another 2 - 4 years. He is also the captain for Sweden these days.

His recent injury record and wages would put me off. I think he was a class player but someone mentioned earlier he now misses that burst of pace he used to have. He wasn't fast but that initial power burst took him past defenders.

Great bit of buiness by Wenger. Bought for £3 million I think if so certainley repaid that investment!

How people can say no to Ljungberg, I do not understand? He is a class player, who has been one of the best players in the swedish national team for years. He has not had a good season but thats because he has been injured blueconfused.gif whould any of you let Owen go? I think he has lost his form, hasn't scored a goal in ages :lol:

Ljunberg was also the fastest player in the Arsenal team, he was faster then Henry!!! I read that in an Arsenal magazin about 2 years ago. 

He would ofcourse be a risk, but I think it's a risk I would take. If he can stay clear from injuries he would brilliant.

Buy the way, isn't he 28?