First signing imminent

stozo

Guest elbee909

Aaron Hughes. :lol:

Jesus wept.

If it is him then I win 'tedious psychic prediction' award for starting that Aaron Hughes thread, querying if we would go that route in bringing him back.

It says in the Chronicle tonight that we are not after Riggott, Ferdinand or Upson.

It does say that Roeder was looking at at least one player at the Liverpool Arsenal game last night though.

Paletta on loan it is then.

Crouch TBH

Must have been a wasted trip for him then. :lol: He'll no doubt watch him a few more games, before he goes to Feyenoord on loan until the end of the season, and we'll simply state he wasn't our first choice anyway.

Guest the_serbian_mag

offtopic: why the hell are everybody using "TBH" this much?!?!?!?!?!?

And in wrong places. English is not my mother language, but it seems that you people don't use it properly...

offtopic: why the hell are everybody using "TBH" this much?!?!?!?!?!?

And in wrong places. English is not my mother language, but it seems that you people don't use it properly...

Whoosh.....

TBH

Link

United were linked with Birmingham centre-half Matthew Upson, West Ham's Anton Ferdinand and Chris Riggott of Middlesbrough today, but none of this trio is on Roeder's wanted list.

So he's not interested in Anton, I think that sorts this debate out then.

Curtis Davies from West Brom

or

Lucas Neil from Blackburn

or

Someone we've never heard of.

but my money's on Curtis Davies, about whom I know very little. Soccerbase tells me he's 21/22, and cost them 3 million from Luton. Can't remember how well he played when he was in the Premiership but he did play what looks like the entire season for them.

Guest donandy

Parker to West Ham for 10mil plus Ferdinand.

Oba to Chealsea in exchange for Bridge, SWP and Schev.

Sounds good to me

That's about as likely as Barry Venison and John Beresford coming out of retirement  tongue.gif

Anton Ferdiand would have to be one of the worse signings we could make. He is overrated, overpriced, inexperienced and supposedly has an awful attitude to match his off-field behaviour... not to mention he's not actually much of a defender. No thanks.

oliver is a twat - he quotes glenn on one occasion, then continues to say that we are not interested in upson, as if it is part of what glenn has told him - when, in fact, it is just more of his usual bs!

I had a hug smile across my face this morning when the journal, who are normally reliable, linked us with an imminent signing. I expected to hera extra news in the ronny but suprise suprise Oliver does it again with his ITK bollocks.

He has been waiting all week to do it. He will drag out the excuses until we do sign someone then claim all the credit as usual.

We were going to sign players the every other day in the summer, if it wasnt the first time he had done it this year I think less people would have bitten.

Guest justin99.

"I am looking to improve the quality of the squad at all times and I have got an opportunity now in January.

"When new players come in, players like Huntington, Edgar, (midfielder Matty) Pattison, Ramage and Taylor will all be fighting for their places.

"I am looking to raise the bar, raise the quality of the squad. Defensively, that needs to be done - and it will be done, if not this January, then in the summer."

a little hint?......................

Probably  bluesigh.gif As other squads around us improve we will be left to struggle on with what we have.

http://home.skysports.com/transfers.aspx?cpid=8

Looking at some of those moves I don't see many clubs improving, not that signings guarantee an improvement anyway. The £50m wasted by Souness is evidence of that and then take a look at Chelsea with Shevchenko and Bollock.

We need to boost the squad but we need to do it by signing players who are an improvement on the first choice XI, thus forcing a current first choice player into becoming a squad player. If that can't be done this month I'd rather we sign nobody and wait until the summer, there is no point in signing players who aren't better than those we already have just to get the numbers up.

Quote from: GeJon on Today at 04:51:10 PM

Probably  bluesigh.gif As other squads around us improve we will be left to struggle on with what we have.

http://home.skysports.com/transfers.aspx?cpid=8

Looking at some of those moves I don't see many clubs improving, not that signings guarantee an improvement anyway. The £50m wasted by Souness is evidence of that and then take a look at Chelsea with Shevchenko and Bollock.

We need to boost the squad but we need to do it by signing players who are an improvement on the first choice XI, thus forcing a current first choice player into becoming a squad player. If that can't be done this month I'd rather we sign nobody and wait until the summer, there is no point in signing players who aren't better than those we already have just to get the numbers up.

htl you git!..beat me to it whilst i was trying to work out how to quote on this 1980's away strip style new fangled forum.