Saints receive 10mill Bale Bid

Guest smoggeordie

Id agree on trying to get Baines or Bridge in preference.

Gejon is quite right, although there would be many positives in the signing, it would take but one or two bad performances and the usual wolves would be in on the lamb for an all you can eat career long special.

He will have to live with the pressure where ever he goes though.

Unless Shepherd has gone completely psycho and decided to buy us a new £35m back four.

Not in this life :lol: :lol:

I remember in the last week of the 2005 transfer window worried because it looked like after giving up on Boa Morte & Anelka that we weren't going to spend...we went on to spend £26m in 5 days on Luque, Owen & Solano. I wouldn't dismiss anything with Freddie.

Lets hope its Chelsea and Bridge is on his way here for £3-4m.

Now that WOULD be good business!

Would be good business all round.

Soton are not going to get more than £10m for the kid, and if its straight up cash which Chelsea can afford to do, they'll have a great season next season spending it.

Chelsea then get not only the best LB in the world, but now have one of the most promising ones as well.

We get a all rounder ready made bargain as Chelsea love selling to us as were shit and no threat.

Come on Chelsea! Sign the lad already.

Unless Shepherd has gone completely psycho and decided to buy us a new £35m back four.

Not in this life :lol: :lol:

I remember in the last week of the 2005 transfer window worried because it looked like after giving up on Boa Morte & Anelka that we weren't going to spend...we went on to spend £26m in 5 days on Luque, Owen & Solano. I wouldn't dismiss anything with Freddie.

I think you have a point :lol:

Let's be honest who has actually watched him for a full 90 mins more than once?

I have watched him several times and he is a VERY good player, even better when you consider he is only 17. Going forward I don't think there is a better left back in the championship and I'd say he is better going forward than several Premiership left backs. Defensively I will admit he is not the complete package, however I would say he is easily better defensively than Huntington or Edgar. Not to mention his free kicks are absolutely sensational.

He looks to me like he could easily cope with the Premiership and he is only 17, just imagine what he could be like in 3 years time.

Let's be honest who has actually watched him for a full 90 mins more than once?

I have watched him several times and he is a VERY good player, even better when you consider he is only 17. Going forward I don't think there is a better left back in the championship and I'd say he is better going forward than several Premiership left backs. Defensively I will admit he is not the complete package, however I would say he is easily better defensively than Huntington or Edgar. Not to mention his free kicks are absolutely sensational.

He looks to me like he could easily cope with the Premiership and he is only 17, just imagine what he could be like in 3 years time.

No doubt about that he is great talent and has big future ahead of him

The point is can we affort to spend 10m on him?

Can we beat the big clubs and to sign him?

Does he want to come here instead of Arsenal for example?

it depens from alot of things and its always complicated :lol:

I bet there were a few people saying imagine what Seth Johnson, Michael Ricketts, Michael Bridges, Francis Jeffers, Emile Heskey etc etc... will be like in 3 years time. ;)

I bet there were a few people saying imagine what Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole and Aaron Lennon will be like in 3 years time.  ;)

Still a risk too far imo. Yes he COULD end up like one of those but there is probably as much chance as him ending up like one of the Jeffers clan. For £10m we could probably buy someone proven that they arent just a flash in the pan (like Baines).

Guest Brazilianbob

If Bale is good enough for the EPL, and everyone seems to think he will eventually be the best LB in the world, surely it is sound financial business to pay £10m now for a 17 year old who will play in the LB position for the next 13 years (assuming he sticks around and accepts new contracts).  The alternative is to sign a 26 year old LB now for around £6m, who will need replacing in 4 years time, when the replacement will probably cost in excess of £6m.  What is stupid is paying £10m for a 26/28 year old but not for a 17 year old!

This has got to be Man United or you.

Chelsea have the financial screws on and desperately need centre halves, not full backs.

Won't be Villa, we need strikers, not left backs where we can play Barry, and have Bouma playing well there at the moment.

Portsmouth? Doesn't Matty Taylor play at left back?

Sorry Dave, such a fucking joke we can't even post youtube links, bah humbug.....nazi cunts the copyright ppl are >:(

I really think we should get Bale after seeing that video of him, he looks great but only for 7-8m tops

Sorry Dave, such a fucking joke we can't even post youtube links, bah humbug.....nazi cunts the copyright ppl are >:(

I really think we should get Bale after seeing that video of him, he looks great but only for 7-8m tops

Ian Harte looks great on youtube.