Just as bad as Spurs

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

Guest Knightrider

They seem to envy our attendances over there.

Who doesn't?

That is one thing that NUFC has going for us, I don't know of any club, even the Man Utds who could pull in 50K plus crowds having went over 50 years without a domestic trophy. Say what you like about us as fans, but we support our club through thick and thin, in the main anyway.

Regarding Villa, I thought with Ellis gone, Learner in and MON in, your own attendances would rise but still the masses of empty seats, why do you think that is Brummie and do you see fans coming back any time soon? Not that empty seats are unique to Villa mind, I think that's the case up and down the country and has been for the past few years now (we've had below 50K attendances this season in the league). I blame prices, fixture meddling, TV and  apathy myself for the falling attendances, although a few clubs will always have empty seats regardless ala Wigan.

Guest Geordiesned
Villa visit the most overrated, deluded football club in world football looking to extend their winning run to...two.

How can they play themselves?  :lol:

Who doesn't?

That is one thing that NUFC has going for us, I don't know of any club, even the Man Utds who could pull in 50K plus crowds having went over 50 years without a domestic trophy. Say what you like about us as fans, but we support our club through thick and thin, in the main anyway.

Regarding Villa, I thought with Ellis gone, Learner in and MON in, your own attendances would rise but still the masses of empty seats, why do you think that is Brummie and do you see fans coming back any time soon? Not that empty seats are unique to Villa mind, I think that's the case up and down the country and has been for the past few years now (we've had below 50K attendances this season in the league). I blame prices, fixture meddling, TV and  apathy myself for the falling attendances, although a few clubs will always have empty seats regardless ala Wigan.

Much debate on that.

When they get an attractive side playing decent football with some half decent players there, things will improve. Years and years of neglect take their toll, and don't forget, MON has been saddled with O'Dreary's squad. It will take time but it will improve. Incidentally, I think our average so far this season is about 37,000, so it isn't as if things are that bad, it is just that the lowest crowds have been particularly bad.

Villa at the moment is not unlike NUFC shortly after SJH kicked McKeag out. There is promise there, things are looking up, and things will happen, it will just take time. It is much harder these days than it used to be to attract people back once they've stopped going, as it just costs so much.

There is, as you say, also an element of football starting to implode, to be honest, and I blame Sky. Our worst crowds have been for games against Fulham and Bolton, both of which were played at 5.15 on a Saturday, and in the case of the last one, shortly before Christmas. Anyone who thinks there isn't a link between those factors is barmy.

I reckon it is going to get worse - the more money Sky pay, the more rights they want to move matches around. Example - we're soon to play Liverpool at home, at 12.35 on a Sunday. What kind of time for a match is that?

i think what will happen - and it will happen every club, just at some it will take longer to happen - to league games is what happens at the moment with FA Cup games. People start thinking "why pay this largeish sum of money to watch a largely meaningless match". Then when you factor in the fact that you play games at stupid times, people stop bothering.

I mean, tonight is an example - why are we playing a match at the other end of the country on a wednesday night ffs? A season or two ago, we had you away then sunderland away on consecutive games. Over christmas this year, we were at Spurs on boxing day, despite there being no public transport.

Do fans ever get considered these days? Do they feck.

Sorry. Rant over.

Guest Knightrider

What gets me with rival fans is we, as in ourselves, don't overrate our club and show delusions, not on the whole anyway, the media do on our behalf with their inane "best fans" shite or "massive club", but we don't. I mean jesus wept, just read some of the stuff on here, we could be riding high in 3rd and there would be tons of "fluke, won't last, doom is around the corner" type comments. We if anything often underrate our club, our players and our chances. We are probably the most critical fans in the league, the most demanding of our club (in that we are always on top of the club), in general we know what we are and our place in football. Don't let a Geordie waxing lyrical about his club to you fool you, that's just Geordie pride, or defending the club's honour on "foreign" soil. Most fans do that anyway don't they, big up their club in the face of a ribbing?

Anyway, it says a lot more about other fans that we are the object of their thoughts, where as most clubs are insignifcant to us (OMG how arrogant), no it isn't, we just don't really care about anything else if it ain't Black & White.

Guest Knightrider

Who doesn't?

Much debate on that.

When they get an attractive side playing decent football with some half decent players there, things will improve. Years and years of neglect take their toll, and don't forget, MON has been saddled with O'Dreary's squad. It will take time but it will improve. Incidentally, I think our average so far this season is about 37,000, so it isn't as if things are that bad, it is just that the lowest crowds have been particularly bad.

Villa at the moment is not unlike NUFC shortly after SJH kicked McKeag out. There is promise there, things are looking up, and things will happen, it will just take time. It is much harder these days than it used to be to attract people back once they've stopped going, as it just costs so much.

There is, as you say, also an element of football starting to implode, to be honest, and I blame Sky. Our worst crowds have been for games against Fulham and Bolton, both of which were played at 5.15 on a Saturday, and in the case of the last one, shortly before Christmas. Anyone who thinks there isn't a link between those factors is barmy.

I reckon it is going to get worse - the more money Sky pay, the more rights they want to move matches around. Example - we're soon to play Liverpool at home, at 12.35 on a Sunday. What kind of time for a match is that?

i think what will happen - and it will happen every club, just at some it will take longer to happen - to league games is what happens at the moment with FA Cup games. People start thinking "why pay this largeish sum of money to watch a largely meaningless match". Then when you factor in the fact that you play games at stupid times, people stop bothering.

I mean, tonight is an example - why are we playing a match at the other end of the country on a wednesday night ffs? A season or two ago, we had you away then sunderland away on consecutive games. Over christmas this year, we were at Spurs on boxing day, despite there being no public transport.

Do fans ever get considered these days? Do they feck.

Sorry. Rant over.

Agree with all that, fans are percular beings but won't stomach being treat like shite or taken for granted forever. I think Villa will come good in time myself, but it will be a long process and will require patience from fans and board members, MON's success will depend on that patience for me. I doubt yous will ever get back to the heights of the EC win though in today's climate just as I doubt we'll ever challenge for the league again or experience the heights of KK again. Not unless another Abramovic walks along or we find our own Wenger.

Agree with all that, fans are percular beings but won't stomach being treat like shite or taken for granted forever. I think Villa will come good in time myself, but it will be a long process and will require patience from fans and board members, MON's success will depend on that patience for me. I doubt yous will ever get back to the heights of the EC win though in today's climate just as I doubt we'll ever challenge for the league again or experience the heights of KK again. Not unless another Abramovic walks along or we find our own Wenger.

Unfortunately, I think the first time one of the "big four" look like not qualifying for the CL (which could be sooner rather than later according to Platini), they will stamp their feet and get the rules changed to make sure they qualify.

Clubs like newcastle, villa, spurs, everton etc will be fucked, frankly.

What gets me with rival fans is we, as in ourselves, don't overrate our club and show delusions, not on the whole anyway, the media do on our behalf with their inane "best fans" shite or "massive club", but we don't. I mean jesus wept, just read some of the stuff on here, we could be riding high in 3rd and there would be tons of "fluke, won't last, doom is around the corner" type comments. We if anything often underrate our club, our players and our chances. We are probably the most critical fans in the league, the most demanding of our club (in that we are always on top of the club), in general we know what we are and our place in football. Don't let a Geordie waxing lyrical about his club to you fool you, that's just Geordie pride, or defending the club's honour on "foreign" soil. Most fans do that anyway don't they, big up their club in the face of a ribbing?

Anyway, it says a lot more about other fans that we are the object of their thoughts, where as most clubs are insignifcant to us (OMG how arrogant), no it isn't, we just don't really care about anything else if it ain't Black & White.

totally agree with that post mate

:thup: :thup:

...and we genuinely don't, fans of other clubs come on our message boards come on here to talk about us, the only time you find toon fans on other peoples message boards, is if people have done them favours like running them to b+b's after Watford away, or to retort if they've been abusive about NEWCASTLE. :headbang:

One of your finest quotes ever.  :thup:

Stopped reading after I read

Oh aye, their love their football in Newcastle.
  If you're going to fucking publish things on a website and put yourself up for ridicule by many thousands of opposition fans, the least you can do is have a decent command of the English Language.  In fairness to HTT when he goes on his long rants, despite his Rutherford School education, he is reasonably eloquent.

THese brummie cunts, writing about us, seriously, people can say "Villa are our rivals ..." fuckin etc... to me they'll alway be fat brummie boring fucking bastards, maybe nature did intend them, but if ever there's a club I never think of it's them.  They're just there.  At least Tottenham have identity.  Fat cunts.  It just goes to show the nation is obsessed with NUFC.

Fat fuckin cunts

http://www.thefootie.com/wp-content/uploads/frank-lampard-shock.jpg

Brummies if you're reading, you have an opinion on us, at the end of the day if you weren't there no one would notice you know that yourselves.  If ever there's a nuke inflicted on these islands, god forbid, people could cope with the west midlands getting it, as long as the winds blowing west over mid Wales so not too many cunts get the faal oot.  At least scousers can be interesting.

mackems.gif 

Quality post

I like Villa, I've been to Villa Park pretty much more than I have been to any other away ground (other than Adams Park and Sincil Bank, but I'm talking in terms of Premiership rivals) and I've never had a problem with any of their fans. They don't seem arrogant, and don't appear to overrate themselves like Spurs do, and they're a realistic team who've had little luck in the last few years.

That said, that article was awful, but I'd never let the writings of one deluded rival fan cloud my opinion of an entire set of supporters.

I like Villa, I've been to Villa Park pretty much more than I have been to any other away ground (other than Adams Park and Sincil Bank, but I'm talking in terms of Premiership rivals) and I've never had a problem with any of their fans. They don't seem arrogant, and don't appear to overrate themselves like Spurs do, and they're a realistic team who've had little luck in the last few years.

That said, that article was awful, but I'd never let the writings of one deluded rival fan cloud my opinion of an entire set of supporters.

O0 O0

Spot on.

And as i said, VillaTalk is the domain of angry teenage keyboard warriors.

No-one in the country likes Aston Villa, so they have to live in their own deluded little world.  I know a couple of lads from that neck of the woods who support Birmingham and they told me that Villa are the least popular team in the Midlands

;D ;D ;D

That's a pretty unbiased sample, isn't it?

Sorry, not all are blues fans, a couple support West Brom as well.  No-one likes Villa!  They call them The Vile and keep on with accronyms such as SOTV (shit on the villa - I think).

Guest Knightrider

I don't mind Villa, or most teams (being most are insignifcant ;)), and for my money Villa Park is the best stadium in the country outside of our own, never had any bother with their fans or in Birmingham so have no problems with them. Don't quite get where their dislike of us comes from mind as I can't remember them having any bother in Toon on match days or with Toon fans in general, not in the era of the Premiership anyway. I've noticed a few teams' fans now seem to hate us or dislike us, as fans I mean. Ah well, their opinions matter not.

Guest Knightrider

They don't seem to hate us when they are in the bars around town before the match......  They even get their own little act to do in Sam Jacks!!

Well they wouldn't would they, unless they want to a sore eye ;)