Fulham 2 Newcastle United 1 - Post Match Thread

NUFC.com: An awful performance at Craven Cottage saw us limp to our first league defeat of the season as Fulham ended up comfortable wiiners.

...ok then.

I know,Manure and Chelsea are closing in on us..Its all Roeders fault...

Thats aside,Still no comment from Roeder/Any player,or staff member after the game..

I also don't think any of our defenders are good enough, but Taylor and Huntington have time on their side yet (Edgar's looked canny, but not played enough to make any sort of comment, and Gooch is exempt), whereas Bramble should be at his peak and should have cut simple mistakes out a long time ago. We'll have to agree to disagree on what causes the mistakes, yes of course being disorganised will lead to more of them, but the kind of things Bramble has a reputation for are little to do with that imo. Do you really believe failing to control a simple pass in dangerous territory today was because of a disorganised defensive unit? Gifting the ball to Crespo, to Kluivert, to Bent, to Tainio, the Henry air-kick, I could go on, I feel he's not good enough, never has been and never will be. That doesn't mean to say that I think the rest of them are any/much better.

Why is it you give Bramble such a defence, but don't appear to extend the same courtesy to the likes of Ramage and Taylor?

Do you really see any kind of a future for those youngsters, if they stay at this club?

Neither do I. :lol:

I'm 100% sure that Bramble would indeed have eradicated those errors from his game by now, had he been working with coaches worth their salt all this time. Those kind of things are worked out on the training pitch, with good advice and expertise given by a coach who knows not only how to play the game, but how to teach others to do the same. Something I doubt Titus has had since he left Ipswich, do you think he would be the same player if he'd have gone to ManU or Arsenal, etc, instead of us? I reckon he'd be a totally different player.

I give Bramble a defence, because he needs it. A lot of the slating he gets is from illiterate idiots who are more than happy to jump on the lets all slag Titus bandwagon, but are either unable or incapable of backing-up their one-line insults with any reasoning. (Not that you need me to tell you mate, but this obviously doesn't include you.) I have no problem with people disagreeing with me - half my favourite posters on here are the people I argue with (NE5, HTL, etc) - but I loathe people who simply join in with the crowd and hurl insults like little kids hiding behind the school bully. People like that are scum of the Earth, pointless cretins that act all hard and put on a big show when they feel safe, but always bottle it and shit their kecks when challenged.

I don't give Taylor a defence because he doesn't need one, 99% of people think the sun shines out of his arse. If things become different then I will defend him if he needs defending.

I didn't used to defend Ramage for the same reason - although much less so - but now that he's fallen from grace in the eyes of the fickle majority - who used to hold him up as a shining example of what life would be like in a post-Titus utopia - I have started, and will continue to, defend him.

Basically, I defend players I consider to be scapegoats and try to point out the inconsistencies in the Hero/Zero method of assessing a player's ability that's so en vogue on this board. Someone has to, it may as well be me. :lol:

PS: Stephen Carr's not a scapegoat, he's just shit.

NUFC.com: An awful performance at Craven Cottage saw us limp to our first league defeat of the season as Fulham ended up comfortable wiiners.

...ok then.

Send it in to Coxy's cock-up corner. :lol:

I do think Bramble would still be making the same types of errors in a better side, yes, although I don't think for a second any of them would look twice at him. You are right about our coaching as I've said, but looking at better sides provides a good example of how it doesn't always make a better player - Cygan, Stepanovs, Luhzny, Traore, Prunier, there's loads of players who've played in good defensive set-ups, but just been far too error prone when they were in there.

I do think Bramble would still be making the same types of errors in a better side, yes, although I don't think for a second any of them would look twice at him. You are right about our coaching as I've said, but looking at better sides provides a good example of how it doesn't always make a better player - Cygan, Stepanovs, Luhzny, Traore, Prunier, there's loads of players who've played in good defensive set-ups, but just been far too error prone when they were in there.

Fair enough, looks like we're eventually going to have to agree to disagree, but one thing I'd say is that most of those players went to the clubs where they failed at an age when they were expected to be the finished article. Bramble's spent his formative years here, being educated in the black art of defending by idiots. If he'd have had a decent defensive education it would be a different story entirely.

Fair enough, looks like we're eventually going to have to agree to disagree, but one thing I'd say is that most of those players went to the clubs where they failed at an age when they were expected to be the finished article. Bramble's spent his formative years here, being educated in the black art of defending by idiots. If he'd have had a decent defensive education it would be a different story entirely.

Not so sure myself. He'd probably just have been let go by a bigger club (or not bought obviously), whereas we've persisted in this idea that he'll do a "Tony Adams". He was a clown before we got him, I remember his last game for Ipswich where he made a complete mess of a simple ball over the top and let Owen in to score, Liverpool won 5-0 in the end.

Anyway, aye, agree to disagree and all that. :thup:

Worth pointing out that the 'Nobby Solano' chants were aimed at Nobby Solano who was warming up right in front of Putney, and not necessarily as a chant to get him onto the pitch as others have suggested, although there may have been a dual-purpose.

Not so sure myself. He'd probably just have been let go by a bigger club (or not bought obviously), whereas we've persisted in this idea that he'll do a "Tony Adams". He was a clown before we got him, I remember his last game for Ipswich where he made a complete mess of a simple ball over the top and let Owen in to score, Liverpool won 5-0 in the end.

Anyway, aye, agree to disagree and all that. :thup:

'Til the next time then. ;)

Good argument, enjoyed that. :thup:

Worth pointing out that the 'Nobby Solano' chants were aimed at Nobby Solano who was warming up right in front of Putney, and not necessarily as a chant to get him onto the pitch as others have suggested, although there may have been a dual-purpose.

Seemed a bit earlier for him to be warming up then, could hear them from the first half.

Nobby definately has pin pointed another of our many negative points, we have no creative comming from our defence, no creative passing or players bringing the ball out of defence.

Edit: Defence, not midfield  :uglystupid2:

Guest smoggeordie

.cock

Glenn: Not Good Enough

By Craig Hope

GLENN Roeder has expressed his disappointment at a performance which he says was way below the standards set by Newcastle United after the 2-1 defeat at Fulham.

The United boss could only watch in despair as his half-time teamtalk went up in smoke within minutes of the restart, a short backpass by Nicky Butt seized upon by Heidur Helguson and lifted above and beyond a helpless Steve Harper.

It was United's first Premiership defeat of 2007 and Roeder told nufc.co.uk: "We set our standards higher than that. It was a flat performance and I'm very disappointed.

"Maybe we shaded the first-half and had a couple of chances, and at half-time we said keep it tight and make sure we don't make a bad start.

"But that plan went up in smoke within a couple of minutes when we conceded a poor goal.

"And, I have to say, we found it difficult to pick ourselves up after that."

The Cottagers doubled their advantage in the 73rd minute, Papa Boupa Diop showing strength and skill to get the better of first Scott Parker and then Stephen Carr, before pulling back for Brian McBride to convert from close range.

Roeder added: "Stephen Carr was very disappointed to get out-muscled for the second goal, but there can't be many more powerful players in the Premiership than Boupa Diop.

"We put an awful lot of effort into the win against Villa on Wednesday night and maybe that caught us out a little bit.

"But we have to pick ourselves up and regroup before the Liverpool game at St.James' next Saturday."

Oba Martins scored his 11th goal of the season in the 93rd minute, but it turned out to be little more than a consolation on a disappointing afternoon in West London.

Largely his fault again, though. Attacking-wise, he made all the right decisions, except once again refusing to make the blatantly obvious changes. The defensive line-up was an absolute joke.

I honestly don't know what else he was expecting other than two, maybe more, defensive errors with that line-up.

without having read the thread

WHAT was that shower of an excuse for a back four from roeder? we'd lost as soon as he lifted the pen from that one.

Edgar    Taylor    Gooch    Solano

3 points better off.

Largely his fault again, though. Attacking-wise, he made all the right decisions, except once again refusing to make the blatantly obvious changes. The defensive line-up was an absolute joke.

I honestly don't know what else he was expecting other than two, maybe more, defensive errors with that line-up.

i don't think he made the right decisions in midfiled and up front.

no height up front against a team who use height as a tactic.duff may get away with being un-match fit at home but not away.and yet again no one willing to make a break from centre midfield,parker can do it but wont.....why ?

WHAT was that shower of an excuse for a back four from roeder? we'd lost as soon as he lifted the pen from that one.

3 points better off.

Look up for his after match interview, Glenn Roeder has expressed his disappointment at a performance which he says was way below the standards set by Newcastle United.

I guess he's missed a few of our games recently.

3 points better off.

Look up for his after match interview, Glenn Roeder has expressed his disappointment at a performance which he says was way below the standards set by Newcastle United.

I guess he's missed a few of our games recently.

Roeder in self-contradictory comment SHOCKER!

I'd like to know what the people who are slagging Bramble off are basing their opinions on please.

Apart from giving away what amounted to a meaningless free kick about 10 metres into our half and getting booked for it, what has he done that's been so bad, eh?

Enlighten me.

I think he's had a reasonbly good game, but people are jumping on that one moment of poor composure that forced him into a foul that, had distance to goal been shorter, may have been viewed as denial of goal scoring opportunity and a send-off.  Pretty typical - a solid game for 89 minutes and one or two frightening moments.

typical bramble, fairly decent match with two moments of madness. simply can't afford to have someone in the team who makes huge errors in every match, regardless of how well their general play is.

Exactly. Indigo, you make yourself look a bit daft defending him constantly imo. "Meaningless free kick" - If he doesn't foul Helguson, he's 1 on 1 with Harper having given the ball away. It's hardly an isolated incident from the useless twat either.

Sorry, but no. What's daft is the sad sad sad need of nearly everyone on here to jump on the bandwagon and scapegoat particular players if things go wrong, regardless of whether or not it was anything at all to do with them. NOTHING that Bramble did today lead to us losing that game, we lost because of a stupid backpass from Nicky Butt and because Carr got raped all game and that's it. Sorry if that doesn't fit with what people want to believe but that's the truth. You lot can believe it or not, frankly I could give a shit really.

You know what, I hope they do get rid of Bramble, because when we continue to be disorganised at the back, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I was right and you lot were clueless!!  :tongue:

Anyway, bollocks to this, I'm off to watch the end of the rugby, see you later. No hard feelings?

Whey, let's be hypocrites, shall we? First talking about Bramble bandwaggoning and how wrong that is, then you're straight on to the hate Carr-bandwagon