Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

21 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Players, deliberately, pulling their shorts up to expose their, massive, thighs. Usually just the one leg but Antonio did a doubler when he gave a foul and got set for the free kick. 

Fucking love themselves, footballers, like

Not their fault you've got spindly little pins.

27 minutes ago, Exiled in Texas said:

Posters saying “can’t wait for player X (Big Joe, Little Joe etc) to be back in the team”

Yeah fine, but tell me who you’re dropping to open up the spot.

We’re not playing 12 aside, so give me the line-up change

We're not playing 12 aside but we are playing in multiple competitions. 

On 01/10/2023 at 13:58, The Prophet said:

"Ball knowledge", "mid", "cooking". 

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

When did “cooking” become such a huge term. Anytime I see some shit “beef” on Twitter it’s invariably accompanied by “hol’ up, let him cook”, with tons of likes 

Exactly the point of the Peeve …. Taking the easy “can’t wait to see X”, without the harder part of saying who comes out to make room for them.

The thought behind the swap is the interesting part of the discussion.

Edited by Exiled in Texas

20 minutes ago, Exiled in Texas said:

Exactly the point of the Peeve …. Taking the easy “can’t wait to see X”, without the harder part of saying who comes out to make room for them.

The thought behind the swap is the interesting part of the discussion.

That's just not how it works though when we have all these games, between injury and rotation, we won't have a set 11. I said anyone, but can give a list if preferred e..g for Joelinton? Tonali sometimes. Longstaff sometimes.  Anderson sometimes. Room will easily be made. 

Like I couldn't wait for Wilson to be fit again. Who would he replace? Isak probably. Doesn't mean I don't want to see Isak anymore - I want to, and will, see them both across the games, whether subbing or rotating who starts.

Edited by Superior Acuña

On 10/10/2023 at 03:32, Exiled in Texas said:

Posters saying “can’t wait for player X (Big Joe, Little Joe etc) to be back in the team”

Yeah fine, but tell me who you’re dropping to open up the spot.

We’re not playing 12 aside, so give me the line-up change

You don't need to completely drop anyone. We are in 4 competitions and it gives us options. Against west ham for a sample we had no options

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

James Allcott wannabees infesting player threads with thier insightful opinion of how they know more about, said player, than Eddie fucking Howe 😉

Get a youtube channel, lads, see how many subs you get 😂😂🎉🎉

you seem like a very angry man

Has anyone done double barreled names as a pet hate yet? I'm not a fan to begin with but for some reason it's worse for footballers. I don't mind the odd one occasionally but it seems like it's every fourth player we are linked with has a double barreler. Bring back the good old days of Chris Bart WIlliams and then no more until Shaun Wright Phillips appeared. Proper petty rage of mine.

14 minutes ago, Stal said:

Has anyone done double barreled names as a pet hate yet? I'm not a fan to begin with but for some reason it's worse for footballers. I don't mind the odd one occasionally but it seems like it's every fourth player we are linked with has a double barreler. Bring back the good old days of Chris Bart WIlliams and then no more until Shaun Wright Phillips appeared. Proper petty rage of mine.

Gonna be more and more common. Millennials giving their kids both parents’ surnames is a big thing. Also, just the entire Spanish-speaking world. :lol: 

Although Gen Z will probably decide surnames are “oppressive” and give their kids single names only. So we’ll end up with a bunch of middle class white kids with names like Brazilian footballers.

Edited by Deuce

My kids have double barreled surnames. The main reason was at the time my kids were born, me and the Mrs weren't married. It prevented her being questioned by airport officials and the like when she took them back to the motherland. Plus it's nice for them to keep that heritage.

17 minutes ago, Stal said:

Forgot about Chris Bart Williams. Just googled him as well and completely nonplussed to read that he died in July this year. Fucking hell man. 

20 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Forgot about Chris Bart Williams. Just googled him as well and completely nonplussed to read that he died in July this year. Fucking hell man. 

No way! Shit man, that's shocked me.