Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

2 hours ago, OCK said:

Pretentious online experts that list all their qualifications and talk about football like it was some deep physics experiment. 

You know, I’ve always hated that stuff but I’m increasingly incapable of sifting the actual stuff from the parody.  Mainly because the real stuff is becoming so convoluted that it’s genuinely funny.

I still hate it, though.  

Home friendlies.

Did one against Barcelona in 02 and got hooked on it.

Had two in the previous 10years, one was Juventus, the other a favour to Gateshead/Blyth.

Unless its a testimonial can just bin them off. Nearly every single one has been naff.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Non-starting players holding onto starting numbers.

Dubravka, Dummett, and Ritchie, I'm looking at you. Big Jamal gets a pass because he at least does sometimes get league games.

Edited by Kid Icarus

“MESSI HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!!” 

Fuck off man. The social media obsession and attention of both Messi and Ronaldo or Messi V Ronaldo now is worse than when they were at their peak. Every football banter account is relentless. 

They’ve both retired to horrendous leagues and every little move is over analysed to decide GOAT status. Move on you boring fucks [emoji38]

28 minutes ago, St1pe said:

“MESSI HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!!” 

Fuck off man. The social media obsession and attention of both Messi and Ronaldo or Messi V Ronaldo now is worse than when they were at their peak. Every football banter account is relentless. 

They’ve both retired to horrendous leagues and every little move is over analysed to decide GOAT status. Move on you boring fucks [emoji38]

Here here. the Messi v Ronaldo thing is most boring football subject the world has to offer. The fact that they are still chasing the money as well......their careers have been 100% self driven with a distinct lack of humility despite their immense talent. Neymar and mbappe are following the same path where their wages are unsustainable for the way normal football is (should be) structured

Underdogs in football matches being described as 'brave'. 

No, it's the more fancied team that has to deal with the greater pressure, and besides 'bravery' is risking your life or taking a big risk on someone else's behalf.

On 12/08/2023 at 10:41, MrRaspberryJam said:

This Saturday Social programme on Sky Sports. Just a bunch of dorks with high opinions of themselves spouting absolute shit. 

This now seems the entry level requirement to get a job with Sky/BT/Talksport nowadays - ex-pro or not. Sky Sports has gone massively down hill I think.  

Watched their video of Neville, Carragher and Howard Webb going round Stockley Park, thought it was cringeworthy and a blatant PR piece from referees association - from the massive VAR on the wall of the canteen to the PGMOL branded weights in their gym.

Majority of fans despise VAR. Punditry and analysis of referees bores me to tears. I'd rather a game of football go by without ever noticing or mentioning the officials.