Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Not saying this because of a few posts today but in general people underrating our players and overrating other players/teams.

Hate all this 'Nah he isn't good enough for Arsenal/Chelsea/Man Utd etc..' like their entire squads are full of players who are hugely better than our very good player being discussed.

One recently was Ba and Arsenal, you take away Van Persie last season and who did they have? Park? Chamakh? Gervinho?

Not saying this because of a few posts today but in general people underrating our players and overrating other players/teams.

Hate all this 'Nah he isn't good enough for Arsenal/Chelsea/Man Utd etc..' like their entire squads are full of players who are hugely better than our very good player being discussed.

One recently was Ba and Arsenal, you take away Van Persie last season and who did they have? Park? Chamakh? Gervinho?

This has always annoyed me, i'll not name names (it's probably obvious anyway) but there's a couple who will constantly say "they could get better anyway" or "they wouldn't get in the team" ect, like every top side is full of world class talent from brim to base, it's fucking bollocks.

(this doesn't just apply to us either)

On the other hand, people who sit on their high horses deeming very good proven PL players aren't good enough for us. In other words, the lack of humbleness (if that's a word). Perspective.

Yeah that too.

This has always annoyed me, i'll not name names (it's probably obvious anyway) but there's a couple who will constantly say "they could get better anyway" or "they wouldn't get in the team" ect, like every top side is full of world class talent from brim to base, it's fucking bollocks.

(this doesn't just apply to us either)

Despite those probably not being the exact quotes I reckon I could find the originals :lol:

Guest Phil K

Manchester United "fans" that cry about City and Chelsea winning things by spending large amounts of money. It makes me want to break someone's foot.

Ive actually argued with people on this very forum saying those very same things as the Man U fans.

They've spent obcene amounts over the years. They are one of the biggest spenders, yet criticize others for doing what THEY do to keep pace with them.

But the PRESS are every bit as bad, saying the same, when the figures are in front of them. Rooney, Ferdinand, Carrick, Berbatov - all cost vast sums.

Pot calling kettle black.

Aye, there's probably a deeper root to the argument like, but Man U have gotten to where they are 'the proper way' and sustained it. Man City were nothing until they were taken over by the Arabs.

The way things are at the minute though that seems like the only way anyone was/is going to win the league.

Guest BooBoo

Fans referring to players by their first names.

Annoying, it's not as if you personally know them.

Edit- The exception, as always, is Shola.

Fans referring to players by their first names.

Annoying, it's not as if you personally know them.

Edit- The exception, as always, is Shola.

I'm partial to it if they've got a distinctive first name - Shay, Jonas, Demba.