Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

BBC: Cardiff's Hudson scores like Beckham

Mail: 68 yards! Hudson belts it like Becks to keep Bluebirds in play-off places

Guest Roger Kint

The media calling every long range goal Beckham-esque as if it has never been done before or after him  :knuppel2:

Do they still do this, or has this post found its way back from 2001?

He was on the radio yesterday and was asked 'did you think of Beckham when the ball fell to you?' All over todays papers as well tbh.

The media calling every long range goal Beckham-esque as if it has never been done before or after him  :knuppel2:

Do they still do this, or has this post found its way back from 2001?

He was on the radio yesterday and was asked 'did you think of Beckham when the ball fell to you?' All over todays papers as well tbh.

Christ, putting that cheesy shit in your headlines is one thing, but someone actually asked him that? :lol: Unimaginative spunkrags.

The media assumption that all English people want an English team in European competitions to win. Absolute nonsense.

Absolutely. The "impartial" commentary on ITV certainly reflects this assumption. For me, it really is a laughable suggestion that everyone wants the likes of Chelsea/Man U/City/Arsenal to win the CL/Europa League. Fuck them.

The media assumption that all English people want an English team in European competitions to win. Absolute nonsense.

Yep, most times its the opposite atleast because a team or someone is from the same country as me dont mean i have to support them......

For example, John Terry is a c*nt of a man why should i support him?

Yep, most times its the opposite atleast because a team or someone is from the same country as me dont mean i have to support them......

Most times I'll support the foreign team because this winds me up so much. If enough foreign teams beat the English ones then eventually they'll stop thinking English teams are the cocks of the fucking walk.

Definitely, I also hate the way that the commentators actually support the English team during the game too. I was actively cheering for Barca to score last night.

Commentators going on about what colour boots a player has one (usually pink or yellow). Do they not realise that Nike or whoever makes them in that colour, and the players don't just choose pink ones because they're a bit flash?

Commentators going on about what colour boots a player has one (usually pink or yellow). Do they not realise that Nike or whoever makes them in that colour, and the players don't just choose pink ones because they're a bit flash?

Of course the players choose what colour boots they wear. They have different colourways. I can remember Bentner championing his pink boots when Nike first released them a few years back. Said something along the lines of he 'always dreamed of wearing pink boots'.

Of course the choose what colour boots they wear. They have different colourways. I can remember Bentner championing his pink boots when Nike first released them a few years back. Said something along the lines of he 'always dreamed of wearing pink boots'.

Aye, I'm pretty sure any player can choose what colour boots they wear. This isn't to say it's acceptable the way the commentators go on about it like. Couldn't give a flying fuck if someone chooses to wear flashy boots.

Absolutely. The "impartial" commentary on ITV certainly reflects this assumption. For me, it really is a laughable suggestion that everyone wants the likes of Chelsea/Man U/City/Arsenal to win the CL/Europa League. Fuck them.

Do they claim to be impartial?

I'd always expect them to favour the side from this country.

Of course they choose what colour boots they wear. They have different colourways. I can remember Bendtner championing his pink boots when Nike first released them a few years back. Said something along the lines of he 'always dreamed of wearing pink boots'.

Does make more sense tbh. Always just assumed that the company send them a box or two of the new pair and basically just go "you're wearing these now" no matter which colour they were. Reckon it's cause you always see them tweeting like "Look at these new boots I've just been sent".

Absolutely. The "impartial" commentary on ITV certainly reflects this assumption. For me, it really is a laughable suggestion that everyone wants the likes of Chelsea/Man U/City/Arsenal to win the CL/Europa League. f*** them.

Probably not tbh/tbf but it's still annoying. Mind you though, in terms of impartiality, the difference between Five's commentary (especially in that Bilbao-Man U game) and ITV's is quite evident.

:thup: Can live with favouring the English team in Europe. Completely different when you can tell they want a particular team to win a domestic match, though. Boils my piss.

Guest Roger Kint

Theres a line between being impartial and being biased to the point of looking stupid. Take Tyldesley on Wednesday, Drogba's yellow card he shouted 'oh come on he got the ball there' and cue embarrassed silence when the replay shows he was wrong.

Journalists who cant get basic facts right also piss me off, one today claim we will miss out on Europe if we finish 6th......two weeks ago he claimed Ba, Cisse & Tiote were all Ivorians!

The constant appearance of Beckham still in the English media, going to get even worse for the Olympics where he'll be picked to flog a few extra tickets. Nowt like getting your priorities right.

Guest Roger Kint

The constant appearance of Beckham still in the English media, going to get even worse for the Olympics where he'll be picked to flog a few extra tickets. Nowt like getting your priorities right.

Theres a meme in there somewhere. 800000 unsold tickets? Pick Beckham, bitches love Beckham

Wish he would just stay in America tbh

Cant see why he has to be involved, why not allow someone else who has never been on the big stage be involved.

The blokes like fucking Bono from that South Park episode.

Cant see why he has to be involved, why not allow someone else who has never been on the big stage be involved.

The blokes like fucking Bono from that South Park episode.

My point exactly, he's had his moment in the international sun and failed why not give someone else a go? Olympic is a bit of a farce anyway but if we're in it for this one time we might as well take it seriously and try to win it/use it intsead of resorting to the same old shit.