Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

When people who don't like football do any of the following when you're pissed off about football.

- Belittle it.

- Try to cheer you up (this isn't so bad)

-  Wind you up.

-  Ask stupid questions.

-  Make sweeping statements about football/NUFC.

-  Give an opinion.

Guest bimpy474

When people who don't like football do any of the following when you're pissed off about football.

- Belittle it.

-  Wind you up.

-  Ask stupid questions.

-  Give an opinion.

Best shut this place down, i think that covers everything.

Cheer up mate  :whistle:

- Belittle it.

-  Wind you up.

-  Ask stupid questions.

-  Give an opinion.

By far the worst part IMO. I welcome endless stupid questions over hearing some clueless shite telling me how they think we should try and sign Messi.

Guest bimpy474

- Belittle it.

-  Wind you up.

-  Ask stupid questions.

-  Give an opinion.

By far the worst part IMO. I welcome endless stupid questions over hearing some clueless shite telling me how they think we should try and sign Messi.

Oh yes, an Arsenal fan thinks i'm wrong on Pardew despite admitting he hasn't seen any of our games, and not knowing just how bad we are playing, or seeing the sickness that is hoofball.

Football BANTER. I've come to realise I absolutely detest it. I much prefer the proper conversations you have with fans of another club about how they genuinely feel about their side and such over the back and forth ribbing of each other's team/players.

Completely agree with this. Living in London it is mental to put up with constant low-level banter between people who barely know anything even about their own team.

Football BANTER. I've come to realise I absolutely detest it. I much prefer the proper conversations you have with fans of another club about how they genuinely feel about their side and such over the back and forth ribbing of each other's team/players.

:thup: Got a mate that's horrendous for that. Can have some good conversations, but as soon as you're sat watching a match as a neutral, for some reason it always comes to him trying to bait me. If I respond, I've bitten. If I'm quiet, I'm stressed. If I do the same to him though I just get looked and spoken at in the most condescending tone like I'm a 5 year old. Bores me rotten.

:thup: Got a mate that's horrendous for that. Can have some good conversations, but as soon as you're sat watching a match as a neutral, for some reason it always comes to him trying to bait me. If I respond, I've bitten. If I'm quiet, I'm stressed. If I do the same to him though I just get looked and spoken at in the most condescending tone like I'm a 5 year old. Bores me rotten.

Absolutely. This ties in with the changes in football - you can only really banter with people on the same level as you. If a City or Chelsea fan tried to belittle me and my club I would laugh in their face.

Guest firetotheworks

When people who don't like football do any of the following when you're p*ssed off about football.

- Belittle it.

-  Wind you up.

-  Ask stupid questions.

-  Give an opinion.

Nah, we all know Remy as a footballer and don't but into conversations asking 'is that him that does that funny dance?' (from YouTube)

Pardew and his waffle.

And watching Mrs Bimpy trying to get into a pair of size 14 trousers. It was like trying to pour a yard of cement into a thimble, although its rather mesmerising watching her turn a pair of flared trousers into skinny jeans.

Haha itching i was indeed. Had to spend the last week playing scrabble and monorolypoly with Mrs Bimpy :lol:

Deserved my punishment though, i was out of order.

:lol: :lol:

Guest bimpy474

When people who don't like football do any of the following when you're p*ssed off about football.

- Belittle it.

-  Wind you up.

-  Ask stupid questions.

-  Give an opinion.

Nah, we all know Remy as a footballer and don't but into conversations asking 'is that him that does that funny dance?' (from YouTube)

Ah yes, or is that him with nice hair. Or the one from the advert on the TV as Mrs Bimps did with Terry Henry.

Odd you mention stuff about conversations with other fans. Weekend just gone had 2 totally different experiences.

On Saturday, I was watching the Everton match in town (all hail Greek TV) and of all places, Darlo, we bump into a Swansea fan. Ended up watching the match with him and talking for a good couple of hours afterwards and it was abundantly clear he knew his football. Talked about everything from the game itself, to how Laudrup's been doing, the Swansea-Cardiff rivalry, some funny tales, various different Premier League players/clubs, and the other usual sort of stuff. Really interesting to talk to him.

Compare that to Sunday, when I went to watch the Man Utd-Liverpool game. Pub packed out with mainly Man Utd fans and a few Liverpool fans. Getting over the sad state of affairs that a Man Utd-Liverpool game gets the most fans out in Darlington, it was equally clear that the vast majority of them were fucking morons. Didn't know the first thing beyond "VAN PERSIE WHEYYYY!!!" and "VIDIC HAS BEEN CLASS THIS SEASON!" (he's been out most of the season so far).

2 completely different mentalities and attitudes when it comes to football. One with fans who clearly know their teams very well, and others who wouldn't know half the subs bench of their own team if they walked past them in the street. Sad.

My pet hate is agents. Surely players can do without them? I've heard a story about James Milner and Paul Scholes not having agents. Did the young players of today not watch dream team and Geoff Steins dirty tricks?

They aren't a pet hate tho, they are just down right rats and vermin of the game.

Pardew and his waffle.

And watching Mrs Bimpy trying to get into a pair of size 14 trousers. It was like trying to pour a yard of cement into a thimble, although its rather mesmerising watching her turn a pair of flared trousers into skinny jeans.

Haha itching i was indeed. Had to spend the last week playing scrabble and monorolypoly with Mrs Bimpy :lol:

Deserved my punishment though, i was out of order.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: I'd love to spend a day at the bimpy household. It's blatantly going to be Will Ferrell and Eva Mendes from "The Other Guys"