Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

I'd say it's more annoying when the scorer gets a fantastic assist and runs off like he did it all himself.

Both are s*** tbh. I can't remember ever scoring a goal/assisting without wanting to celebrate with the relevant team-mate, unless we were doing the grab-the-ball-and-restart-sharpish thing.

Will probably have been mentioned, but:

Goalscorers pushing away teammates just so they can do a s*** dance move celebration. c***s.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Daniel+Sturridge+Liverpool+v+Swansea+City+x5tIIOiTU79l.jpg

This is the fucking truth though.

http://i.imgur.com/QjbeEWF.jpg

:love:

Proper love players appreciating a team mate after a goal. As you pointed out Nobby was fantastic at letting the everyone know who created that chance.

One of my favourite ever Newcastle players.

Loved Nobby.  He could strike a ball so sweetly.  I remember a goal he scored, I think it was against Villa, it dropped to him on the edge of the box and he just drilled it perfectly.  After the match the Villa manager (either Gregory or O'Leary, can't remember) said something like 'I saw it dropping and just thought, not him, of all the players why did it drop to him?'.

Guest firetotheworks

When players that score about 3-10 goals a season on average do that 'it ain't no thang' celebration as if it's no big deal. It is mate, you rarely score...because you're not that good.

Guest firetotheworks

It's quite an obvious one, but the simplicity of football punditry. If you're not Gary Neville, you're pretty much anyone with eyes. Shearer and Hansen generally just play show and tell every Saturday and then describe things as good or bad. It's absolute garbage and now that we have someone like Neville, there should be efforts made to provide much more insight on other programmes. Redknapp, Hansen, Lawrenson, Shearer, Dixon, et al aren't making any real effort.

It's quite an obvious one, but the simplicity of football punditry. If you're not Gary Neville, you're pretty much anyone with eyes. Shearer and Hansen generally just play show and tell every Saturday and then describe things as good or bad. It's absolute garbage and now that we have someone like Neville, there should be efforts made to provide much more insight on other programmes. Redknapp, Hansen, Lawrenson, Shearer, Dixon, et al aren't making any real effort.

Totally agree, almost nobody offers any real insight... it's just a job for ex-footballers who don't know what else to do. 

I hate this about MOTD. They should show us smaller things that didn't make the highlights, instead of just repeating what we've already seen 5 minutes earlier and saying, "Yeah, this was dead good, like".

Guest icemanblue

Totally agree, almost nobody offers any real insight... it's just a job for ex-footballers who don't know what else to do. 

The gulf between the standard of cricket and football 'punditry', highlighted in recent weeks, is frightening. Watching the cricket, I feel as if I'm learning more about the game, as well as being interested and entertained. Never felt that way with Peter Beagrie.

The gulf between the standard of cricket and football 'punditry', highlighted in recent weeks, is frightening. Watching the cricket, I feel as if I'm learning more about the game, as well as being interested and entertained. Never felt that way with Peter Beagrie.

Football needs a Henry Blofeld.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

:thup:

I actually think Barton might be quite good. I know he divides opinion but he is forthright with his views, would call a spade a spade and if popular, would do a lot to break the current hegemony.

I know what you mean but i think it's because cricket isn't as popular played so it's interesting to know when Shane Warne is choosing which ball is best out of box of balls or Strauss is showing you where your positioning of feet should be at the crease for certain types of bowls.

Imagine Alan Shearer getting up in the studio showing the audience how a penalty should be taken. Just be cringe worthy.

Was like when Andy Gray used to get up with Richard Keys then just grab his shirt of wraggle him all over the place showing how tight defenders should be.