Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Fair enough, religion is pet hates of mine in general so it turning up on a football pitch is just :anguish: for me.

People "thanking God" for their "good fortune" just strikes me as massively narcissistic, a trait I really really struggle with people having in life (in general)

Anyway, got it off my chest, so it's all good :thup:

I'll never forget when he was at Norwich(?),woke up hungover and in a panic as he was late, drove to their training ground in his pants but it was their day off.

:lol: dear god. Abysmal waste of a time that guy,  played 10 times for us (wiki) only 26 FFS

Got pulled over by the police for speeding and done for drink driving iirc :lol:

I'll never forget when he was at Norwich(?),woke up hungover and in a panic as he was late, drove to their training ground in his pants but it was their day off.

:lol: dear god. Abysmal waste of a time that guy,  played 10 times for us (wiki) only 26 FFS

Got pulled over by the police for speeding and done for drink driving iirc :lol:

:lol: That's a "You fail at failing" moment

This lad at work, 28 years old, has literally just started following football. Got himself a Leeds season ticket this year and goes with his mate, and knows nothing about football. Like fuck all. His whole football life started at the start of this season, and now I'm getting "Good result for you boys at the weekened. Yorkshire, Yorkshire"

:anguish::anguish::anguish:

For a start, you're from Yorkshire, so your opinion on football is already very fucking questionable before you open your mouth. Then there's the fact you've chosen to support Leeds, 28 years in to your life, and actually talk about them. Any other Leeds supporter I know is wise enough to steer clear of conversation about their shambolic club.

Now obviously with this fucking game on Wednesday it's all he talks about. I just want to reply with, "You don't have a fucking clue and it's like keeping a kid entertained talking this utter drivel".

There should be a rule for 'new' football fans. Nee football patter with any normal football fan for at least 2 years. And if you get told to shut up, know your fucking place and shut up.

This lad at work, 28 years old, has literally just started following football. Got himself a Leeds season ticket this year and goes with his mate, and knows nothing about football. Like f*** all. His whole football life started at the start of this season, and now I'm getting "Good result for you boys at the weekened. Yorkshire, Yorkshire"

:anguish::anguish::anguish:

For a start, you're from Yorkshire, so your opinion on football is already very f***ing questionable before you open your mouth. Then there's the fact you've chosen to support Leeds, 28 years in to your life, and actually talk about them. Any other Leeds supporter I know is wise enough to steer clear of conversation about their shambolic club.

Now obviously with this f***ing game on Wednesday it's all he talks about. I just want to reply with, "You don't have a f***ing clue and it's like keeping a kid entertained talking this utter drivel".

There should be a rule for 'new' football fans. Nee football patter with any normal football fan for at least 2 years. And if you get told to shut up, know your f***ing place and shut up.

I'd just say that, tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Nothing worse than having a conversation about football with someone that hasn't got a fucking clue like. We all argue and debate on here, but there's a base level of knowledge for people on here.

There's a great number of people that have no clue and are just in it to wind people up or gloat and hype up on the back of victories, whilst knowing absolutely fucking nothing about any team, including the one they claim to support.

Referring to Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa as either just "Mbiwa" or "M'Biwa" with the unnecessary apostrophe.

It's like calling Ben Arfa just "Arfa".

Not really, one is 5 syllables and one 3, 5 is a lot and worthy of chop (that's what I say).

Nothing worse than having a conversation about football with someone that hasn't got a f***ing clue like. We all argue and debate on here, but there's a base level of knowledge for people on here.

There's a great number of people that have no clue and are just in it to wind people up or gloat and hype up on the back of victories, whilst knowing absolutely f***ing nothing about any team, including the one they claim to support.

Horrible when you've just met somebody and are meant to be polite and they trott out some cliche about us. Remember the whole ' trigger-happy, we got relegated cos we sacked the great big sam' s**** from someone, never gritted my teeth so hard.

Guest firetotheworks

The answer to that is to ask them to show you to point them to someone that they know that thinks those things. Obviously they'll have some weak link to knowing someone that says those things. People like that are generally easy to beat, but they'll hate you for it, which means they won't talk to you again, or just say things solely to wind you up. In the end you've won. We know that no one thinks those things, it's just about knowing how to trip them up on their thoroughly shit argument.

Guest firetotheworks

Definitely, it's the same reason why I try not to let things like those few sad, arsehole Villa fans make me think that all Villa fans are sad arseholes. We're experienced enough in having shit talked about us to realise that other teams have shit talked about them, too. There are obvious exceptions like. It's hard to ignore that there is a huge proportion of Man United fans that are glory hunting, know-nothings, and that there are a fair few Liverpool fans that have a undeserved sense of entitlement.