Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Imagine if gareth bale was remotely likeable, he'd be lovely to watch, as it stands i want to punch him everytime he does anything in a game

I just want to forget he exists now he's out of the country, unfortunately the media won't stop going on about him. Hopefully once he's got his first few games out of the way things will die down.

United and City. As in United are playing Newcastle today.Or City are playing Cardiff.Or football phone ins "United supporter Johnny come lately on from Exeter". The meja need to realise there are more than wo teams with United and City in their title.

Anyone else that doesn't give a shit about this?

I'd much rather people refer to us as Newcastle.  Where's the identity of simply being called 'United'

United and City. As in United are playing Newcastle today.Or City are playing Cardiff.Or football phone ins "United supporter Johnny come lately on from Exeter". The meja need to realise there are more than wo teams with United and City in their title.

Anyone else that doesn't give a shit about this?

I'd much rather people refer to us as Newcastle.  Where's the identity of simply being called 'United'

I've never been particularly arsed like, although I do make a conscious effort not to refer to Man Utd as United.

But a) often it's done in the context of a conversation that's already begun about one of the clubs, in which case... what's the problem?

and b) people, including me, used 'City' to refer to Man City for years and years, but I've only ever seen it raised as an annoyance since they've been good.

Teams "shutting up shop" when they're a few goals up like Everton last night and Arsenal tonight. Show some fucking ambition.

Not to derail the thread, but there was little to do with us "shutting up shop". Everything to do with sheer complacency and thinking the game was won. We actually had a few good chances we made a total pig's ear of.

Teams "shutting up shop" when they're a few goals up like Everton last night and Arsenal tonight. Show some fucking ambition.

Not to derail the thread, but there was little to do with us "shutting up shop". Everything to do with sheer complacency and thinking the game was won. We actually had a few good chances we made a total pig's ear of.

Aye, I meant that the team could go for a few more goals instead of just playing the game out as is.

Aye, I meant that the team could go for a few more goals instead of just playing the game out as is.

rare for any side regardless of level to maintain that level of composure when you comfortably ahead in a game. It can backfire but if you go in at half time 2 or 3 ahead most players will think job done and take it easier for the rest of the game.

This lad at work, 28 years old, has literally just started following football. Got himself a Leeds season ticket this year and goes with his mate, and knows nothing about football. Like f*** all. His whole football life started at the start of this season, and now I'm getting "Good result for you boys at the weekened. Yorkshire, Yorkshire"

:anguish::anguish::anguish:

For a start, you're from Yorkshire, so your opinion on football is already very f***ing questionable before you open your mouth. Then there's the fact you've chosen to support Leeds, 28 years in to your life, and actually talk about them. Any other Leeds supporter I know is wise enough to steer clear of conversation about their shambolic club.

Now obviously with this f***ing game on Wednesday it's all he talks about. I just want to reply with, "You don't have a f***ing clue and it's like keeping a kid entertained talking this utter drivel".

There should be a rule for 'new' football fans. Nee football patter with any normal football fan for at least 2 years. And if you get told to shut up, know your f***ing place and shut up.

:anguish::anguish::anguish:

Even though they lost, it's unbearable. He's been chanting 'Yooorkshire, Yooorkshire, Yooorkishire'

Get me out of this county!!

In the continuing story of Bumbling Bremner...

Today he described Leeds' penalty against Bournemouth as a "...freekick with only the sub keeper to beat."

He forgot the word for Penalty.

Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds.