Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest Roger Kint

The Other Games thread and the like...every week.

'Oh, look at team X winning a game after playing in Europe'.

'So jealous of the way team Y play'

Etc

We get it, Pardew's shite and talks shite too.

Some people really do revel in dragging everything back to him.

Etc

We get it, Pardew's s**** and talks s**** too.

Team Y do play mint football though, despite them losing to team X after team X's game against team F in Europe.

Still think team A will beat teams C and D to the league title though.

I know...shite banter.

Guest bimpy474

Etc

Well tbf he did tells us last season that he cant play the football he wants or compete properly because of the Europa Thurs/Sun schedule, fatigue, tiredness, lack of preparation time.

Yet we see other teams proving that to be nonsesne to an extent. Might be why we point those things out. There is some merit in what he says but if he didn't say it every chance he had, and bullshit so often, have such a small time mentality, maybe he wouldn't get as much stick.

Actually think his mouth is as much to blame as anything else.

Guest Roger Kint

Etc

Could be because he's the manager of the team we all support. Just a thought.

So its impossible for you to comprehend a discussion about football without mentioning him?

Guest Roger Kint

Etc

Well tbf he did tells us last season that he cant play the football he wants or compete properly because of the Europa Thurs/Sun schedule, fatigue, tiredness, lack of preparation time.

Yet we see other teams proving that to be nonsesne to an extent. Might be why we point those things out. There is some merit in what he says but if he didn't say it every chance he had, and bullshit so often, have such a small time mentality, maybe he wouldn't get as much stick.

Actually think his mouth is as much to blame as anything else.

You are just proving his point :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Managers putting their new signing on the bench for no reason. Why play Jelavic over Lukaku? Or Anderson over Fellaini? It's not like they're new to the league.

The Fellaini one was just daft. He brought in a player who hadnt started in about 6 months over a new signing who had played every game so far. Unsurprisingly Anderson was dogshit

Guest Roger Kint

Etc

Could be because he's the manager of the team we all support. Just a thought.

So its impossible for you to comprehend a discussion about football without mentioning him?

:lol: that's exactly what I said. Funnily enough watching a team disprove one of the reasons we were told we were shit last season , tends to go back to the manager

If you actually read it you would understand we all know it and its not necessary to constantly repeat it ad nauseum hence the point of Nuts post.

Edit: And its the polar opposite of what you said ffs :lol:

Etc

:thup: Enjoy other games for what they are.

This lad at work, 28 years old, has literally just started following football. Got himself a Leeds season ticket this year and goes with his mate, and knows nothing about football. Like f*** all. His whole football life started at the start of this season, and now I'm getting "Good result for you boys at the weekened. Yorkshire, Yorkshire"

:anguish::anguish::anguish:

For a start, you're from Yorkshire, so your opinion on football is already very f***ing questionable before you open your mouth. Then there's the fact you've chosen to support Leeds, 28 years in to your life, and actually talk about them. Any other Leeds supporter I know is wise enough to steer clear of conversation about their shambolic club.

Now obviously with this f***ing game on Wednesday it's all he talks about. I just want to reply with, "You don't have a f***ing clue and it's like keeping a kid entertained talking this utter drivel".

There should be a rule for 'new' football fans. Nee football patter with any normal football fan for at least 2 years. And if you get told to shut up, know your f***ing place and shut up.

Got a friend like this. He has a Norwegian team, but not yet decided (!!!!) on one in PL. Right now it's Tottenham and Arsenal, with Man City on the side. Gets angry when I don't take him seriously.

Guest firetotheworks

This lad at work, 28 years old, has literally just started following football. Got himself a Leeds season ticket this year and goes with his mate, and knows nothing about football. Like f*** all. His whole football life started at the start of this season, and now I'm getting "Good result for you boys at the weekened. Yorkshire, Yorkshire"

:anguish::anguish::anguish:

For a start, you're from Yorkshire, so your opinion on football is already very f***ing questionable before you open your mouth. Then there's the fact you've chosen to support Leeds, 28 years in to your life, and actually talk about them. Any other Leeds supporter I know is wise enough to steer clear of conversation about their shambolic club.

Now obviously with this f***ing game on Wednesday it's all he talks about. I just want to reply with, "You don't have a f***ing clue and it's like keeping a kid entertained talking this utter drivel".

There should be a rule for 'new' football fans. Nee football patter with any normal football fan for at least 2 years. And if you get told to shut up, know your f***ing place and shut up.

Got a friend like this. He has a Norwegian team, but not yet decided (!!!!) on one in PL. Right now it's Tottenham and Arsenal, with Man City on the side. Gets angry when I don't take him seriously.

Good. Keep doing that. :thup:

I don't mind the Leeds guy tbh. At least he's chosen Leeds and not one of the usual suspects - and goes to their games.

Most of us were probably lucky enough to have family and/or friends who got us into football as kids. I'm not going to have a go at some poor guy who didn't have the same luck - unless he then chose a big team rather than his local team.

I'm not saying that talking to these guys isn't a fucking massive chore sometimes. Imagine what it's like over here in the US, where pretty much every footy conversation I have is like that.

The answer to that is to ask them to show you to point them to someone that they know that thinks those things. Obviously they'll have some weak link to knowing someone that says those things. People like that are generally easy to beat, but they'll hate you for it, which means they won't talk to you again, or just say things solely to wind you up. In the end you've won. We know that no one thinks those things, it's just about knowing how to trip them up on their thoroughly s*** argument.

Yeah true, I usually go with the "that's only what sky sports news etc portrays us as" but it's probably more useful to question exactly where they have heard that from and like you say give an example of a supporter they know that has those opinions.

Tbh peoples ill informed, want football opinions are massively up there in pet hates for me.

Always got the "hahahahah fat crying geordies when you got relegated" remarks.  Asked them to show me one from TV footage.  They couldn't, other than this one well-used image because very few actually did cry.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45819000/jpg/_45819047_newcastledown512.jpg

People referring to the team Sevilla as 'Seville'.

What about people calling Internazionale "Inter Milan" or people calling Sporting Club de Portugal, "Sporting Lisbon"?

Don't get me started. People calling Milan "AC". It's like saying "FC". Wtf? "Football Club should be doing this." What? Any particular football club? Would you care to specify? My gears have been grinding for a long time on this one, Sporting Club de Portugal being another fave. And indeed Internazionale. Dammit, I think I need a holiday.

In Sweden the pundits often call the Champions League just "Champions" (because Zlatan said that once and they want to live in his rectum). Makes me wanna jump out the window ffs. That's like calling the Premier League just "Premier". Premier what? Premier cunts. FFS

Etc

:thup: Enjoy other games for what they are.

Aye that's the point I was raising. I watch other games to try and forget us these days, but every time someone plays it always comes back to Pardew (tactics), Ashley (signings). Keep it to those threads if at all since we hear it constantly.

People referring to the team Sevilla as 'Seville'.

What about people calling Internazionale "Inter Milan" or people calling Sporting Club de Portugal, "Sporting Lisbon"?

Don't get me started. People calling Milan "AC". It's like saying "FC". Wtf? "Football Club should be doing this." What? Any particular football club? Would you care to specify? My gears have been grinding for a long time on this one, Sporting Club de Portugal being another fave. And indeed Internazionale. Dammit, I think I need a holiday.

In Sweden the pundits often call the Champions League just "Champions" (because Zlatan said that once and they want to live in his rectum). Makes me wanna jump out the window ffs. That's like calling the Premier League just "Premier". Premier what? Premier c***s. FFS

Isn't Seville just an English way of saying Sevilla though, similar to us calling Milan "Milan" and not "Milano" or "Italy", "Italia"?

Admittedly, I never even knew that, that was their name, I thought it was Sporting Lisbon or Sporting Lisboa or however they normally put it, for the same reason as above.

As for Internazionale, it does seem a bit crazy.

I think adults who just get into football try too hard to get with the banter and it doesn't work because they have no knowledge to back anything up.

Good lad I used to work with done this, got a proper bromance with another lad and started supporting who he supported. As said he was a nice enough bloke but his football patter was horrific.

If I worked with someone like this Leeds gadgey I would just make stuff up to make him look stupid. I have worked with a couple of 'lifelong' fans of clubs who knew absolutely fuck all about their clubs as well. They would ask me if so and so still played for them :lol: I know we are all a bit obsessive on here but it is pretty bad when you don't know if a senior player is still at your club.

:lol: A lass at work was spot on with her NUFC patter when she first started and I was well impressed, she knew the players and the tactics, the problems and the background, she was 10/10 and I thought we'd got a good un. The following week she'd forgotten it all and didn't have a clue. :lol: She gets extra points for revising as far as I'm concerned, I'd never swot up on golf or fucking cricket to impress anyone. She wangled me a freebie for a match as well, come to think of it. She's still a 9 :lol:

It's obviously not a Pat Hate like, the opposite in fact, but since we're on the subject it's fucking great having a couple of non-NUFC mates who genuinely love football and know their stuff. Especially lower league. It just opens up a whole new conversation, it's class.

Try having a talk with a Man U fan (and I'm obviously stereotyping a bit here) and the chances are it'll be fucking shit, even if they aren't being a dick head.