Bellamy on Saturday

Benwell Lad

Good original post, he deserves applause.

The prospect of Bellamy punishing us on Saturday resonates of Murphy's Law doesn't it ie. our best player - at the time - booted out of the club for non-footballing reasons, and the whole episode - contrary to what some muppets choose to believe - was orchestrated by one single substitution aimed at pressing the player's buttons and it worked.

Jesus Christ, are you for real?  Players get substituted in matches all the time ffs.  Souness substitutes Bellamy and somehow you see it as a dastardly plan to force him out of the club. 

He DID engineer his departurem, though. A true measure of the idiocy of the Scottish c***.

Equalled only by the idiocy of those who fail to see it and are not bothered by it, while at the same complaining that we aren't as good as we were when Bellamy was here. You couldn't make it up.

yes we were a better team than we are now ,but we had been going backwards for 2 or 3 years with bellamy,robert,shearer et al.

if bellamy(and others) hadn't behaved as they did fat fred wouldn't have needed to think of souness.

same arguments,nowt new so no-one is going to change their mind.

yes we were a better team than we are now ,but we had been going backwards for 2 or 3 years with bellamy,robert,shearer et al.

if bellamy(and others) hadn't behaved as they did fat fred wouldn't have needed to think of souness.

same arguments,nowt new so no-one is going to change their mind.

True enough. Some changes should have been made after we finished 3rd, before the rot had set in.

Souness did engineer his departure like. One of the worst things about Souness was that whilst he claimed to give everyone a clean slate, he actually seemed to mean everyone except Bellamy and Robert which, whatever you think about those two, was unfair and detrimental to the club. I also think it wrecked what was our best chance in years (and possibly years to come) of winning something. The Uefa Cup was there for the taking that year without a doubt. As I said before though, Bellamy's behaviour meant he was also partly to blame. I think it says something about him that both Souness and Robson struggled to manage him. With Souness deciding to bully him and Robson letting him (and others to be fair) do what the fuck they wanted. At least the latter got the best out of Bellamy on the pitch - where it really mattered - though. Now he's left and not coming back I feel thoroughly justified in hating the horrible little shit though and I couldn't give a fuck if the 'Slip the Welsh Dwarf a length' brigade think that makes me a sad little boy.

its funny all those that think he gave 100%..what short memories you have...were you the ones down at highbury that lovely afternoon when he refused to play.  Souness may be a tit and all you lot can go on blaming souness for ever as he is an easy target but that little ugly bastad REFUSED to play for the club.  Refused means he did not give 100% or care that much.  He then left slagging the club off......

but then again lets all just blame souness..he was a crap manager and nufc did bad so lets blame him for bellamy being an idiot and lets also blame him for robert believing he was the best winger in the world too while we are at it. in fact lets just through the middle east crisis and the problem in Iraq and Iran on him too

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the little fcuk

Wow, there is a whole tanker full of bollocks in that post.

funny cos i agree with 100% of that!

Funny indeed to agreed 100% with such exaggerated nonsense (a hallmark of any rant regarding Bellamy it seems).

Whether he refused to play or not is entirely down to who you choose to believe. Bellamy continued to voice that despite protesting playing out wide, he had never and would never refuse to play in any position. I'm not even sure Souness himself ever said that Bellamy had flatly refused to play, but if he did, forgive me for remaining suspicious. As to the 100% thing, every manager that he had worked with prior to Souness (or post in the case of Hughes/O'Neill, no idea about Rafa) said that his commitment to training and playing was second to none, and that despite a pushy belief in himself driving them and others to distraction, every single one of them would have him in their team and work with him again. He was the same even as a kid according to my uncle.

So no, he is clearly no angel (he may even be a complete arse) an but I don't agree that he was the cancer that Souness needed to cut out. Nor do I agree that we were better off as a club losing him in the manner we did, a manner that was all too predictable as soon as Souness laid his first blow soon after he arrived by questioning publicly whether Bellamy was even a proper striker.

I do believe he was and still is a very good player who helped push the club closer to tasting success again for a short period, and that what's done is done.

I won't boo or bait him for reacting to Souness, a man who it could be could argued was in the end a f*** sight more damaging to NUFC.

ok fair enough maybe i shouldnt have said 100% but i think that a lot of people tend to think he was completely innocent when he was a shit before souness even came. What about the rooney bid incident, even robson turned round to bellamy and said he was fed up of incident after incident. i think the reason he is more handleable (if thats a word) now is that he got a reality check when he left and has had to pull his finger out of his arse.

Souness did engineer his departure like. One of the worst things about Souness was that whilst he claimed to give everyone a clean slate, he actually seemed to mean everyone except Bellamy and Robert which, whatever you think about those two, was unfair and detrimental to the club. I also think it wrecked what was our best chance in years (and possibly years to come) of winning something. The Uefa Cup was there for the taking that year without a doubt. As I said before though, Bellamy's behaviour meant he was also partly to blame. I think it says something about him that both Souness and Robson struggled to manage him. With Souness deciding to bully him and Robson letting him (and others to be fair) do what the f*** they wanted. At least the latter got the best out of Bellamy on the pitch - where it really mattered - though. Now he's left and not coming back I feel thoroughly justified in hating the horrible little s*** though and I couldn't give a f*** if the 'Slip the Welsh Dwarf a length' brigade think that makes me a sad little boy.

i think that most of the players such as dyer got their act together when souness came in, whereas robert and bellamy were too stubborn to accept the change. Robert was shit even in robsons last season, he was lazy and was a complete liability apart from when we had free kicks, and even they werent that good by the end its just the sheer volume of free kicks he took hes gonna get some on target. His corners were piss poor as well, never beat the first man.

bellamy, unfortunatly for us and himself maintained his shit attitude and fucked up. i maintain that both players had to go and souness was right to get rid.

I think Robert was passed his peak and I agree him and Bellamy perhaps didn't get their act together. I also think this was down to Souness's failings in the man-management department though. Robert's time since he left the club suggests he was a spent force/no longer motivated (was he ever? ;) ). I just think if Souness was a clever manager, which he clearly isn't, he could have used those two to his advantage for his first season. Then if he wanted rid, he could have done so in the summer (possibly after winning the Uefa). That way he would have got fees more like what both were worth instead of giving them away. Which is what he did in terms of their relative worth. For Souness it was a personal battle of egos. One which he won, at a big cost to the club imo.

Had Bellamy did what he did under KK or SBR, he'd need bodyguards out there on the pitch at the weekend. He f***** up and the club (THE CLUB) punished him for it. He's history FFS. RE the weekend I hope he breaks a leg.

He's history ??  I hope so, but I've got a feeling he could be very much the present on Saturday.

The prospect of Bellamy punishing us on Saturday resonates of Murphy's Law doesn't it ie. our best player - at the time - booted out of the club for non-footballing reasons, and the whole episode - contrary to what some muppets choose to believe - was orchestrated by one single substitution aimed at pressing the player's buttons and it worked.

You've got it in one :thumbsup:

Well, he's assumed that's exactly what happened, which is probably a simplification of what actually took place. Any 'muppet' can see that.

its funny all those that think he gave 100%..what short memories you have...were you the ones down at highbury that lovely afternoon when he refused to play.  Souness may be a tit and all you lot can go on blaming souness for ever as he is an easy target but that little ugly bastad REFUSED to play for the club.  Refused means he did not give 100% or care that much.  He then left slagging the club off......

but then again lets all just blame souness..he was a crap manager and nufc did bad so lets blame him for bellamy being an idiot and lets also blame him for robert believing he was the best winger in the world too while we are at it. in fact lets just through the middle east crisis and the problem in Iraq and Iran on him too

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the little fcuk

Wow, there is a whole tanker full of bollocks in that post.

funny cos i agree with 100% of that!

Funny indeed to agreed 100% with such exaggerated nonsense (a hallmark of any rant regarding Bellamy it seems).

Whether he refused to play or not is entirely down to who you choose to believe. Bellamy continued to voice that despite protesting playing out wide, he had never and would never refuse to play in any position. I'm not even sure Souness himself ever said that Bellamy had flatly refused to play, but if he did, forgive me for remaining suspicious. As to the 100% thing, every manager that he had worked with prior to Souness (or post in the case of Hughes/O'Neill, no idea about Rafa) said that his commitment to training and playing was second to none, and that despite a pushy belief in himself driving them and others to distraction, every single one of them would have him in their team and work with him again. He was the same even as a kid according to my uncle.

So no, he is clearly no angel (he may even be a complete arse) an but I don't agree that he was the cancer that Souness needed to cut out. Nor do I agree that we were better off as a club losing him in the manner we did, a manner that was all too predictable as soon as Souness laid his first blow soon after he arrived by questioning publicly whether Bellamy was even a proper striker.

I do believe he was and still is a very good player who helped push the club closer to tasting success again for a short period, and that what's done is done.

I won't boo or bait him for reacting to Souness, a man who it could be could argued was in the end a f*** sight more damaging to NUFC.

ok fair enough maybe i shouldnt have said 100% but i think that a lot of people tend to think he was completely innocent when he was a s*** before souness even came. What about the rooney bid incident, even robson turned round to bellamy and said he was fed up of incident after incident. i think the reason he is more handleable (if thats a word) now is that he got a reality check when he left and has had to pull his finger out of his arse.

I don't know anybody who thinks that, tbh.

Guest icemanblue

Bellamy is gay, he's got no neck, shags sheep, stinks of shit, has AIDS, votes BNP, has a tiny midget cock etc etc etc

Loved him when he was here. Hate him now he's not. He'll score on saturday, without a doubt.

I'm with the leg-breaking brigade. Death is too much to ask for  :cheesy:

Souness did engineer his departure like. One of the worst things about Souness was that whilst he claimed to give everyone a clean slate, he actually seemed to mean everyone except Bellamy and Robert which, whatever you think about those two, was unfair and detrimental to the club. I also think it wrecked what was our best chance in years (and possibly years to come) of winning something. The Uefa Cup was there for the taking that year without a doubt. As I said before though, Bellamy's behaviour meant he was also partly to blame. I think it says something about him that both Souness and Robson struggled to manage him. With Souness deciding to bully him and Robson letting him (and others to be fair) do what the f*** they wanted. At least the latter got the best out of Bellamy on the pitch - where it really mattered - though. Now he's left and not coming back I feel thoroughly justified in hating the horrible little s*** though and I couldn't give a f*** if the 'Slip the Welsh Dwarf a length' brigade think that makes me a sad little boy.

i think that most of the players such as dyer got their act together when souness came in, whereas robert and bellamy were too stubborn to accept the change. Robert was s*** even in robsons last season, he was lazy and was a complete liability apart from when we had free kicks, and even they werent that good by the end its just the sheer volume of free kicks he took hes gonna get some on target. His corners were piss poor as well, never beat the first man.

bellamy, unfortunatly for us and himself maintained his s*** attitude and f***** up. i maintain that both players had to go and souness was right to get rid.

Jolly good. I won't expect to read posts from you moaning on about us being mid-table since you support the booting out of top players.

Do you think shithead was paid that huge wage to have it easy? Every club will have awkward personalities, the job of a manager is to manage it.

I think Robert was passed his peak and I agree him and Bellamy perhaps didn't get their act together. I also think this was down to Souness's failings in the man-management department though. Robert's time since he left the club suggests he was a spent force/no longer motivated (was he ever? ;) ).

I just think if Souness was a clever manager, which he clearly isn't, he could have used those two to his advantage for his first season. Then if he wanted rid, he could have done so in the summer (possibly after winning the Uefa). That way he would have got fees more like what both were worth instead of giving them away. Which is what he did in terms of their relative worth. For Souness it was a personal battle of egos. One which he won, at a big cost to the club imo.

First paragraph is tosh.

Second paragraph sounds like an echo from ages ago...........

Craig Bellamy is looking forward to his first game at St James' Park since leaving Newcastle.

Due to injury and suspension, Bellamy has not played at St James' Park since leaving Newcastle under a cloud. Although Bellamy accepts he is in for plenty of abuse should he feature for Liverpool against Newcastle tomorrow, the Wales striker is looking forward to the game and says he enjoyed his time at St James' Park.

"I had some really good years up there and really enjoyed my football. I started off playing for Sir Bobby Robson in what was a really good team and during my time there we finished 3rd, 4th and 5th," he said.

"I learnt a lot about myself when I was a Newcastle player. I got involved in one or two things outside of football but I was lucky because the fans were always with me. They were so supportive of me as a player and I have a lot of respect for them for that. Even through my injury problems I enjoyed it there. It's a special place for me.

"Of course I'm not their player anymore and so I'll probably get a little bit of stick this weekend, but I can accept that. I get stick from a lot of fans and from a lot of people who don't know me, but I can take it from the Newcastle fans because they were so supportive towards me when I played for them.

"As soon as I stepped onto that pitch they were always right behind me and that will stick in my mind more than any boos I might get this weekend."

There you are, feel free to boo him like a pantomime villain and wish both his legs broken to your hearts content. You have his blessing. :thup:

Craig Bellamy is looking forward to his first game at St James' Park since leaving Newcastle.

Due to injury and suspension, Bellamy has not played at St James' Park since leaving Newcastle under a cloud. Although Bellamy accepts he is in for plenty of abuse should he feature for Liverpool against Newcastle tomorrow, the Wales striker is looking forward to the game and says he enjoyed his time at St James' Park.

"I had some really good years up there and really enjoyed my football. I started off playing for Sir Bobby Robson in what was a really good team and during my time there we finished 3rd, 4th and 5th," he said.

"I learnt a lot about myself when I was a Newcastle player. I got involved in one or two things outside of football but I was lucky because the fans were always with me. They were so supportive of me as a player and I have a lot of respect for them for that. Even through my injury problems I enjoyed it there. It's a special place for me.

"Of course I'm not their player anymore and so I'll probably get a little bit of stick this weekend, but I can accept that. I get stick from a lot of fans and from a lot of people who don't know me, but I can take it from the Newcastle fans because they were so supportive towards me when I played for them.

"As soon as I stepped onto that pitch they were always right behind me and that will stick in my mind more than any boos I might get this weekend."

There you are, feel free to boo him like a pantomime villain and wish both his legs broken to your hearts content. You have his blessing. :thup:

Quite different from what he has said before.

I dunno. I still wonder if it'll be split a little. There still a lot of fans who remember the good things he did. At the start of the Souness reign it was basically Bellamy playing the oppo by himself for the first half-a-dozen matches.

I think Robert was passed his peak and I agree him and Bellamy perhaps didn't get their act together. I also think this was down to Souness's failings in the man-management department though. Robert's time since he left the club suggests he was a spent force/no longer motivated (was he ever? ;) ).

I just think if Souness was a clever manager, which he clearly isn't, he could have used those two to his advantage for his first season. Then if he wanted rid, he could have done so in the summer (possibly after winning the Uefa). That way he would have got fees more like what both were worth instead of giving them away. Which is what he did in terms of their relative worth. For Souness it was a personal battle of egos. One which he won, at a big cost to the club imo.

First paragraph is tosh.

HTL not saying a lot, but just letting everyone know who does and doesn't get his stamp of approval. The sanctimonious tit  :lol:

I wouldn't boo him,  personally.  What he said/thought about Souness was the same as about 90% of us.  He was constantly being played on the right-wing by Souness which helped nobody,  when it was obvious he was being wasted there.  It seemed he'd only keep him on that wing,  and instead play Shola up front for no reason other then to show who's boss.

Well,  they're both gone now,  and I know who I have better memorys of :thup:

First paragraph is tosh.

HTL not saying a lot, but just letting everyone know who does and doesn't get his stamp of approval. The sanctimonious tit  :lol:

Insults again.  What a surprise.  :rolleyes:

I remember the insults when I (and a few others) posted almost exactly what you've just posted in that second paragraph, such is the power of propaganda and small minds. (Just returning the insult there, mate. Note the smiley thing, so it's not really an insult now) :lol:

First paragraph is tosh.

Insults again.  What a surprise.  :rolleyes:

I remember the insults when I (and a few others) posted almost exactly what you've just posted in that second paragraph, such is the power of propaganda and small minds. (Just returning the insult there, mate. Note the smiley thing, so it's not really an insult now) :lol:

At ease soldier. You, trying to take the moral high ground :lol: If we're going over old ground I guess you've forgotten the time you offered me outside, as it were, on the old board. :lol: You were laughed at then too. Have a nice weekend by the way.