Owen up and running

Skirge

If he's running in February theres a good chance he'll play before the end of the season, might only be the last few games but you never know. He'll only be back at the level we know next season, but its more pessimistic than realistic to say he won't be back at all. Theres about another 3 months of the season left remember.

Guest Knightrider

If he's doing more than just running which is what seems to be the case with those pictures, it appears the club are putting him through a "pre-season", conditioning etc. which will lead to light training and then full on training and then... a few minutes in a match! I expect him to be ready for contention within 6 weeks myself, based on these photos. Early April sounds about right. To be doing what he's doing suggests he's past the stage of gentle physio regarding his knee, its being put through the paces so things must be strong or the doctors must be confident that it can hold. Hopefully he'll have no reaction at all and the progress is full on all the way to recovery which for us means coming onto the pitch in a match.

just watched the viedo on world, im nee expert like but he doesnt seem to be taking things easy, twisting, turning, sprinting.

i reckon he could be back in around 4 weeks, as i say though, im no expert, just expected him to be jogging when i heard the news, not sprinting etc!

Guest Knightrider

just watched the viedo on world, im nee expert like but he doesnt seem to be taking things easy, twisting, turning, sprinting.

i reckon he could be back in around 4 weeks, as i say though, im no expert, just expected him to be jogging when i heard the news, not sprinting etc!

Just watched it too and this is no show for the cameras, as the commentary says they are really putting him through the paces and he's at base camp if you like on the road to full training which going by the footage, isn't too far off, although I think 4 weeks is a bit optimistic as he'll have a lot of work still to do. Owen is a pre-season away from returning to action by the looks of it though, fantastic stuff and fingers crossed.

Guest TinoInHiding

i'm nee expert but i'm expecting him to be on the bench on thurs

I'm knee expert but I'm expecting him to wait until next season.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can someone give me a link for the video (i'm only joking)

Sorry admin could nt resist

Sicko, you sound like you have some sort of medical knowledge.

I have none - yet i still know that Owen will not be back this season.

Be realistic. I don't think even Roeder believes he'll have him back this season. Would be great and those pictures are nice to see, but it ain't gonna happen.

I'm just looking forward to next season.

I can tell you it is possible to start playing again in 3 weeks at the stage he is at now. This is not an impact injury (fracture or dislocation), as Rooneys was, so they do not have to wait for it to heal, it already has.

He would not be doing these exercises if the ligament was not fully healed, which it will have been through his extensive early rehab programme that would have consisted of low impact(swimming, cycling, coss training), impact (jogging, treadmill) and low level plyometric work.

The medical staff will probably double his return time because as we all know, they wont rush players back, so we are looking at probably 5-6 weeks.

He will be kicking a ball in the next week/10 days if he has no reaction

Guest Knightrider

Be realistic. I don't think even Roeder believes he'll have him back this season. Would be great and those pictures are nice to see, but it ain't gonna happen.

I can tell you it is possible to start playing again in 3 weeks at the stage he is at now. This is not an impact injury (fracture or dislocation), as Rooneys was, so they do not have to wait for it to heal, it already has.

He would not be doing these exercises if the ligament was not fully healed, which it will have been through his extensive early rehab programme that would have consisted of low impact(swimming, cycling, coss training), impact (jogging, treadmill) and low level plyometric work.

The medical staff will probably double his return time because as we all know, they wont rush players back, so we are looking at probably 5-6 weeks.

Aye, this round of training is a sure sign that things are healed and that his knee has been giving the all OK thumbs up, he has more chance of picking up others strains and injuries than his knee going again at this stage and that should be a big concern because depending on how intense the training is, that could very well happen.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aye, this round of training is a sure sign that things are healed and that his knee has been giving the all OK thumbs up, he has more chance of picking up others strains and injuries than his knee going again at this stage and that should be a big concern because depending on how intense the training is, that could very well happen.

Your right it is very much a case of testing the water to see how the body reacts. There is a possibility of a 'compensation injury' which is caused when your body is compensating for your lack of movement in the injured area eg if you have a hamstring injury in your right leg and you dont bring yourself back slowly, you can put too much strain on your left hamstring, which invaribly causes that to go next!

If what your saying is true about the intensity of his effort, i think we can all be quietly confident that everything is going well

martins - owen

dyer

duff*                        milner

parker

babayaro gooch  bramble'' solano

given

* or zoggy

'' or taylor

subs = sibs duff (or zog) emre carr shola bramble (or taylor) ramage

not bad to be honest :D

Guest Ridzuan

Glad to see him back running on the pitch though Im sure he still has a long way to go before returning to first team football.Im still hoping he will play for us again before the season end,but if he does not,I will not be too disappointed either.

According to todays nationals we need not worry. He may be available for the Internationals in April and June - just in time to save Baldwins job.

B****cks, he shouldn't be anywhere near them. England can get to f***.  :tickedoff:

The video does  look good, he is stretching that knee a canny bit and it looks to be done with ease, this is all about his fitness levels now and making sure he has no twinges in the knee. I would say he could be about 4 weeks away from making the bench, maybe even sooner.  :thup: :thup:

Guest Stephen927

If all goes well I can't wait until next season. Owen being in the squad had a huge effect on the rest of the team.

Will be interesting to see Martins and Owen lining up front, only thing I'd be concerned with is a lack of height but maybe I'm thinking too far forwards.

If all goes well I can't wait until next season. Owen being in the squad had a huge effect on the rest of the team.

Will be interesting to see Martins and Owen lining up front, only thing I'd be concerned with is a lack of height but maybe I'm thinking too far forwards.

It's not like we're missing height when Dyer and Martins are playing upfront, is it?