Top 10 premiership strikers?

Guest kingdawson

to be fair to KD berbatov has a better record than Owen at international level, and was also ace in the bundesliga. i'd also say he is more skillful and has more to his game than Owen does. doesn't mean he is better in the premiership though, as we've seen some top players struggle to adapt here.

Stern John has a better record at International level than both Owen and Berbatov, also Owen's Premiership goals per game ratio is better than Berbatov's in the Bundesliga which is an inferior league (similar to Kuyt in Holland)

He is more skillful and does have more to his game, then again so does Peter Crouch, however it's goals that win games and Berbatov isn't even in the same class bracket at that compared to Michael Owen.

most of stern john's games at international level will be against other shitty nations in concacaf or whatever the federation is, which is why strikers for these no-mark nations often have good goalscoring records. Berbatov's opposition is likely to be just as strong as Owen's, so it is a fair comparison, especially since Berbatov is playing for a weaker team.

while the bundesliga is worse than the premieship, i think it is disingenous to say it is equivalent with the eredivisie and to discount it altogether. yes owen is a better goalscorer at some levels, but berbatov has more to his game. i'd say his skill makes him a more effective player AND goalscorer at international level. Owen often looks crap on the international stage as his general play is poor, though he has a half-decent goalscoring record. i'd say there's little separating the two, though i'd prefer Owen for the premiership as he has proven pedigree here while berbatov is still adapting and while he might succeed he may just as easily fail.

Rooney

Henry

Drogba

Would be my top three without a shadow of a doubt, I'd conga nude around the town to have one of them playing for us... it gets a lot more difficult to name the other seven, though:

Owen

Anelka

Shevchenko

Tevez

Martins

Berbatov

van Persie

Bloody hell, that was hard... I only left Larsson out because of his age. Others that crossed my mind were Darren Bent, Craig Bellamy, Dirk Kuyt, Louis Saha, John Carew, Dean Ashton, Benni McCarthy and Andy Johnson.

I assume we're talking purely hypothetically here, because if injuries/current form/PL history were taken into account then I'm not sure if I could justify picking Owen, Shevchenko and Tevez. I'd replace them with Larsson, Bent and Bellamy.

I just picked the ten players I'd most like to have in my team based on history/reputation/form/bias and all that jazz.

most of stern john's games at international level will be against other shitty nations in concacaf or whatever the federation is, which is why strikers for these no-mark nations often have good goalscoring records. Berbatov's opposition is likely to be just as strong as Owen's, so it is a fair comparison, especially since Berbatov is playing for a weaker team.

Here's a link to his International record including teams he's scored against, not many good teams in there tbf.

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/berbatov-intlg.html

Chile

Denmark

Iceland 5

Malta 4

Germany

Croatia 2

Albania 2

Belgium

Lithuania

Estonia

Andorra 2

Russia 2

Cameroon 2

Turkey 2

Hungary

Georgia 2

Mexico

Compared to Owen...

Morocco

Romania 2

Argentina 3

Luxembourg 2

Brazil 2

France

Finland

Albania 2

Germany 3

Paraguay

South Korea

Denmark

Slovakia 3

Liechtenstein 2

Croatia

Japan

Portugal

Ukraine

Azerbaijan

N Ireland

Colombia 3

Poland

Jamaica

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/owen-intlg.html

Here's a link to his International record including teams he's scored against, not many good teams in there tbf.

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/berbatov-intlg.html

fair enough. i'd say owen has 7 goals against stronger opposition than anyone berbatov has scored against (argies, france, brazil, portugal) though he has had 26 extra games in which to score 5 more goals overall which isn't exactly flattering.

Fully agree with this:

Rooney

Henry

Drogba

Would be my top three without a shadow of a doubt, I'd conga nude around the town to have one of them playing for us... it gets a lot more difficult to name the other seven, though:

then (based on nowt in particular)

Robin Van Persie

Louis Saha

Dimitar Berbatov

Andriy Shevchenko

Dirk Kuyt

Oba Martins

Michael Owen

Guest Deep456

1)Thierry Henry

2)Wayne Rooney

3)Didier Drogba

4)Micheal Owen

5)Obafemi Martins

6)Andrew Johnson

7)Louis Saha

8)Dirk Kujit

9)Robin Van Persie

10)Nicholas Anelka

Of current strikers playing in the Premiership, In no particular order:

Henry

McCarthy

Drogba

Shevchenko

Rooney

Martins

Owen

Anelka

Van Persie

Montella

Honourable mentions for: (the next ten)

Tevez, Ashton, Doyle, Berbatov, Carew, Johnson, Bellamy, Larsson, Lita, Mcbride.

Montella over Saha seriouslyor Berb/Bellamy/Bent ?

Montella is definitely better than those 4.  His goalscoring record;

Empoli: 22 goals in 33 matches

Genoa: 21 goals in 34 matches

Sampdoria: 54 goals in 83 matches

Roma: 84 goals in 180 matches

Dider Drogba

Direk Kuyt

Michel Owen/Oba Martins (this season)

Wayne Rooney

Thierry Henry

Robin Van Persie

Beni Macarthy

Yakubu

John Carew (From the few games i saw him play,too early to judge but i am ready to gamble on him anytime)

Berbatov

On the other side of this table

Darius Henderson - If watford are going down,its because of him

Shola Ameobi

Marcus Bent

Bernardo Corradi

Marlon Harewood

Solmon Kalou

Carlos Tever - though he is starting to improve

Danny Webber

Benjani

Colins John

I think Benjani and Corraddi have been pretty decent, personally.

And why on earth put Shola there? He's going to have been out for the vast majority of the season and before he had his surgery he had a decent goal record this season.

I think Benjani and Corraddi have been pretty decent, personally.

And why on earth put Shola there? He's going to have been out for the vast majority of the season and before he had his surgery he had a decent goal record this season.

Benjani = Decent player,just can't find the back of the net,and thats causing problmes for his team.

Corradi = Having a hard time in his first season,him and most of his City teamates are all having a bad season,he got sent off twice i think and only managed to score 3 goals in 1473 min's of football

Ameobi = is simply awfull,even if he wasn't injured i doubt he wouldve scored more then 10 goals this season,His recored this season is good,but overall he is simply bad.

Guest Bellers

Henry - What Can you say, the guy is absolute class. Possesses pace, strenghth and technique which assist him scoring all kinds of goals aswell as amounting countless assists, the complete striker.

Drogba - After a couple of dodgy seasons Drogba has finally adjusted to the Premier league. His immense strength and techical ability have contributed to him becoming this years leading scorer to date.

Owen - Despite his injury issues Michael Owen is still one of the world's greatest poachers. Great pace and awareness, Owen is always in the right place at the right time.

Berbatov - Not the quickest with the ball but more than makes up for this with fantastic awareness and techniacal ability. Surely a hit in this division for many years to come.

Anelka - Probably the most twisty face in the league, but is still a fantastic striker. On his day he can destroy teams with bags of pace and fantastic technique.

Saha - Similar to Anelka, the frenchamn has been a hit at the highest level for a while now.

Larsson - Made it at Celtic and Barcelona and now showing promise at Man Utd.  Made in the Shearer bracket and will surely be a hit in the premier league if given more time.

Van Persie - Still a raw talent, but improving all the time. Bags of pace and a cannon of a left foot, looks like Wenger has found another gem.

Martins - Like Van Persie still a raw talent, but improving all the time. He's got two fantastic feet and pace to burn, if guided in the right direction could become one of the league's most distructive forwards.

Bellamy - Doesn't score a huge amont of goals but his pace makes him a pest and grabs him a fair share of assists.

Henry - What Can you say, the guy is absolute class. Possesses pace, strenghth and technique which assist him scoring all kinds of goals aswell as amounting countless assists, the complete striker.

Once again, you'd need to be good in the air to be 'the complete striker'.  :cheesy:

Guest Bellers

Once again, you'd need to be good in the air to be 'the complete striker'.  :cheesy:

Wouldn't exactly say he's terrible in the air though, would you?