St James' Park

Delima

99% sure my first ever visit will be in a few weeks for Southampton. Words can't describe how excited I am.

Nice one. Probs best to avoid sitting near the majority off here. O0

Tickets secured in the Gallowgate. So f***ing pumped.

Despite the draw, what an experience and what a magnificent stadium. Even my wife had a fantastic time. I got chills seeing it from the train as we pulled into the city. I love how it appears, almost as if out of nowhere, as you drive around Newcastle. Standing at the bottom of the Gallowgate at field level looking up at the Leazes End is a sight to behold.

To make the weekend even better, on Sunday my cousin took us to the training ground. I just wanted to see where it was and get a picture in front of the gates. Well, the gates were open so we drove in. I got out to take a quick picture, expecting to be kicked out at any second. The security guard came out and my cousin yells "he's come from America!" After chatting for a few minutes he invited us in for a tour. Showed us the training schedule, game room, cafeteria and back patio looking out to all of the training pitches, physio room, Pardew's office and changing room (he had left some dirty socks on the floor), and the coaches office. He wasn't allowed to show us the dressing room, which would have been icing on the cake, but certainly no complaints.

All in all, what a weekend in the Toon.

Glad you enjoyed it. :thup:

Totally ignored my PM though. :hmm:

:lol: It's still showing as unread. I was a bit confused how I was supposed to find someone in the Gallowgate that I've never met before. Considered yelling 'Dave' very loudly at halftime. In all honestly, I completely forgot to respond after I saw it in my email - sorry!

Class. :aww:

Felt so spoilt living in the Toon for a few years, being able to see the stadium all the time. Obviously it's never as exciting as the first time you see it, but whenever I was in a place where you could see the stadium, I'd always at least glance at it - every single time. Never simply 'got used' to it being there. Especially at night time with those glowing yellow pitch lights. Top of our uni library gave a brilliant view into the Milburn, too. So, awesome man. Ridiculously proud of SJP.

• 3 weeks later...

ask your uncle, he's probably still got a few connections that could get you a seat in an executive box.  :thup:

As in Chris Mort who Is not related to him unfortunately :(

That would be nice and all hanging out with Jk drinking nagans of whiskey

Heading over next month for the spurs match. What part of the ground Is good these days? I used to sit up in level 7 good atmosphere but f***ing hated climbing up the stairs

Level 7 is nowhere near as good as it used to be since they removed the singing section. It might be decent with it being a night game though and depending on how many fans Spurs bring. Anywhere near the Strawberry corner down at the Gallowgate would be decent as well if you're looking for a bit of atmosphere.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen photos of crowd banners and cup final buses where it was spelled "Haway" or "Hawway" and I've got an 80s scarf where it's spelled "Ha'way".

The whole howay is Geordie and haway is mackem thing is pretty recent I reckon.  Our "Howay the Lads" sign in the tunnel and Sunderland's "Haway the Lads" spelled out on their seats is probably what solidified it.

True, I never really heard it made a deal of or mentioned until after they moved stadiums. Seeing them hats, in exactly that style, is one of my bizarre vivid memories from early 90's games- when I heard the howay/ha'way thing it didn't compute and just assumed it was my memory playing tricks on me. Good to know they did exist and I'm not a complete mentalist anyway!!

They're some canny hi-res pics for the era Disco. Where'd you get them from?

That weird fella that does all the class photography and has the museum in Ambleside.

5-0 after 4 minutes, those were the days!

Counted down didn't it?