St James' Park

Delima

Down in London i paid £625 for the day for a 30 meter plus MEWP mounted on a flatbed lorry with an operator.  And that was via a contractor who add their uplift on top of the hire firms cost. 2.5k not buying it.

Yeah I’m in London and I hire them a couple of times per month for work. Never paid more than £600.

Also love the way it's worded that Eddie Rutherford was brought in by SBR to "build" the training ground.

All I can think of is a one-man operation, him stood with a blueprint, looking at the completed project in the way Homer Simpson held up the box before looking at his barbecue pit.

The didn't even 'build' the training ground - it is a converted former civil service sports club house.

"Just tell us" is absolute bullshit, don't even know why the staff would want to be involved with this line. It should be a matter of routine for everything to be constantly monitored, maintained and improved.

Just need to keep the pictures coming I suppose, at least it's in the media now.

Also the Sports Direct association makes everything look cheaper and more tacky than it really is.

Guest neesy111

"Just tell us" is absolute bullshit, don't even know why the staff would want to be involved with this line. It should be a matter of routine for everything to be constantly monitored, maintained and improved.

Just need to keep the pictures coming I suppose, at least it's in the media now.

Also the Sports Direct association makes everything look cheaper and more tacky than it really is.

Exactly, you prevent things becoming issues by maintenance etc.  I suspect the only maintenance done is when it's safety involved and even then we had the farcical of the screen swinging in the wind when that was put up.

Guest firetotheworks

I've been at the business school at uni over the past 7-8 months and I haven't yet seen anyone cleaning those windows from the outside.  Either they do it at night or it's done by inspector gadget.

You seen anyone Kid Icarus[/member] ?

Just seen this now neesy111[/member] . I'm not at the Business School anymore, so I'm not sure. Hope your dissertation hand in went well!

Exactly, you prevent things becoming issues by maintenance etc.  I suspect the only maintenance done is when it's safety involved and even then we had the farcical of the screen swinging in the wind when that was put up.

Absolutely its called preventative maintenance in my line of work its an absolute vital component. You'd think a sports stadium would operate the same way because ultimately it reduces your yearly maintenance costs