St James' Park

Delima

4 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Yes, I think 60,000 is about right and I’m sure it’s attainable. 

But the ridiculous comments about moving the ground to the Arena site and building a 80k seater just isn’t a good idea. I’ve missed out on a ST and I’d much rather never get into SJP again than have a half full Arena stadium every week - ask any West Ham fan what they think of moving and im sure they’d tell us to stay put.

We're talking 4 or 5 years at least for a new stadium anyway (if it's being considered), could be a whole different ball game by then. Although I agree at this moment of time 60 - 65,000 would suffice. Just got to wait and see what happens. 

47 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

But the ridiculous comments about moving the ground to the Arena site and building a 80k seater just isn’t a good idea. I’ve missed out on a ST and I’d much rather never get into SJP again than have a half full Arena stadium every week - ask any West Ham fan what they think of moving and im sure they’d tell us to stay put.

A half full 80,000 stadium means you think we'll be getting attendances of 40,000. I'd suggest that is a highly negative projection.

If we had the capacity, all things considered, I envision match day attendances rarely dropping below 60,000. 

The ideal capacity for Newcastle United would be about 70,000. Providing we continue to progress as a club and there are no crippling external influences, we could fill that on a regular basis and preserve a good atmosphere.

31 minutes ago, TomYam said:

A half full 80,000 stadium means you think we'll be getting attendances of 40,000. I'd suggest that is a highly negative projection.

If we had the capacity, all things considered, I envision match day attendances rarely dropping below 60,000. 

The ideal capacity for Newcastle United would be about 70,000. Providing we continue to progress as a club and there are no crippling external influences, we could fill that on a regular basis and preserve a good atmosphere.

Obviously it’s for effect saying half full. I’ll rephrase… 70-80% full. 

Bearing in mind FFP now also includes spending on infrastructure, I doubt the club would look to spend over £1bn on a new stadium when we could increase capacity to 60,000 at SJP for a smaller percentage of a stadium move.

It ain’t going to happen.

7 hours ago, madras said:

I posted before, there appears to be an issue in the family section. As kids have grown up and freed up seats it leaves a situation where an adult ticket may be some rows away from the nearest available child ticket 

Good point,but what’s the chances of one or both getting a season ticket anywhere in the ground if all season tickets have been sold?

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Obviously it’s for effect saying half full. I’ll rephrase… 70-80% full. 

Bearing in mind FFP now also includes spending on infrastructure, I doubt the club would look to spend over £1bn on a new stadium when we could increase capacity to 60,000 at SJP for a smaller percentage of a stadium move.

It ain’t going to happen.

Fair enough.

Our owners and management team will be looking at all possibilities re increasing the capacity. Rules regarding FFP and infrastructural investment will change over time and doubtlessly we'll be looking to facilitate and maximise all opportunities of development. 

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Let’s say this season was our first with a stadium holding 80,000,an increase of 18,000.I would think Forest would sell 5000+.I’m basing this on the extra interest amongst supporters when they know they will get a big allocation .For example us getting drawn away to Shef Wed in the FA Cup.How many would we take,15,000 or more? Liverpool,Everton,Man City and Man Utd could easily bring 10,000.Arsenal and Tottenham possibly 6-7000.What allocation do away supporters receive now,3,000? I don’t think having an 80,000 capacity would be a bad thing.

41 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Good point,but what’s the chances of one or both getting a season ticket anywhere in the ground if all season tickets have been sold?

Yeah it's more of a hangover from previous seasons. Girl 2 is paying adult price up there for the first time this season and I'm not sure what'll happen when all those kids are adults.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah it's more of a hangover from previous seasons. Girl 2 is paying adult price up there for the first time this season and I'm not sure what'll happen when all those kids are adults.

They’ll probably have to buy a ticket on a match by match basis,which doesn’t seem right if they’ve been in the family section for years.

2 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

They’ll probably have to buy a ticket on a match by match basis,which doesn’t seem right if they’ve been in the family section for years.

I just think the family section will end and those that are there will stay there.

Edited by madras

13 minutes ago, madras said:

I just think the family section will end and those that are there will stay there.

Something has to change.I’m sure tickets are held back on a match by match basis so could so many be kept back for kids accompanied by adults.Let’s say a membership scheme.

55 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Any reason we're still persisting with Carling, Caffreys (or is it Murphys?) and Kingstone fucking press?

I'd guess a deal was agreed for a certain amount of time.

2 hours ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Let’s say this season was our first with a stadium holding 80,000,an increase of 18,000.I would think Forest would sell 5000+.I’m basing this on the extra interest amongst supporters when they know they will get a big allocation .For example us getting drawn away to Shef Wed in the FA Cup.How many would we take,15,000 or more? Liverpool,Everton,Man City and Man Utd could easily bring 10,000.Arsenal and Tottenham possibly 6-7000.What allocation do away supporters receive now,3,000? I don’t think having an 80,000 capacity would be a bad thing.

Giving away fans 10k tickets is unlikely to help us get good results. I think that's a terrible idea.

15 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Giving away fans 10k tickets is unlikely to help us get good results. I think that's a terrible idea.

We wouldn’t be given them away and those figures for away fans would only be available if we couldn’t sell them.Now do you think it’s a good idea? 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Eventually got a ticket for a match whoop-whoop!  LWC LF7. Will be a new view for me. 

Congrats! LWC is great, I sat there at the Bilbao game. First time ever in a corner. The view was absolutely brilliant. Enjoy!

Also bagged a couple of tickets in L7F, it'll be emotional as used to sit up there before the fat man relocated us due to singing nasty songs about him

Edited by Magpie