St James' Park

Delima

26 minutes ago, jarrovianmag said:

Am I right in thinking any stadium improvements / build don't count towards FFP?

We know we need to expand / move and staying at SJP is priority.

Could we not build a temporary stadium similar to the shipping container one in Qatar say near the Arena , demlish and rebuild SJP then the containers are reusable afterwards. More preferable to either the Stadium of Plight , or Gateshead

It does on UEFA’s now, and the Premier League are expected to follow their lead.

So the super clubs all have their stadiums in place before these rules kick in, then this will make it harder for any team with aspirations to break that group and challenge them.  As it will prove extremely difficult to build a squad, manage wages demands and invest in stadium expansion or facilities. 

Hmm, feels like a "tax" to keep clubs out of the top echelons to me. 

49 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

So the super clubs all have their stadiums in place before these rules kick in, then this will make it harder for any team with aspirations to break that group and challenge them.  As it will prove extremely difficult to build a squad, manage wages demands and invest in stadium expansion or facilities. 

Hmm, feels like a "tax" to keep clubs out of the top echelons to me. 

I guess the way around it would be for the clubs owners to build the stadium out of their own pocket, and to then lease or sell it to the club over a period of time.

1 hour ago, jarrovianmag said:

Am I right in thinking any stadium improvements / build don't count towards FFP?

We know we need to expand / move and staying at SJP is priority.

Could we not build a temporary stadium similar to the shipping container one in Qatar say near the Arena , demlish and rebuild SJP then the containers are reusable afterwards. More preferable to either the Stadium of Plight , or Gateshead

Since the day after our takeover, I have always hoped that we could actually try and improve Gateshead International. Increase a bit of the capacity with some temporary stands (perhaps even safe standing stands) and get it up to PL standards. Perhaps 30-35k if possible. Play there for a maximum of 2 season.

Knockdown SJP and do whatever we want with it at its current location. We have owners who are building a new city in the middle of a fucking desert. Surely, they can get the best architechts, engineers, construction companies to build a football stadium in 2 years or less. 

Once complete, we move in. Gateshesd International can be scaled down in capacity but will be at a PL standard condition. It gives something back to them for letting us play there. Heck, let them be our first opponents in our first game back in the new SJP. 

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Since the day after our takeover, I have always hoped that we could actually try and improve Gateshead International. Increase a bit of the capacity with some temporary stands (perhaps even safe standing stands) and get it up to PL standards. Perhaps 30-35k if possible. Play there for a maximum of 2 season.

Knockdown SJP and do whatever we want with it at its current location. We have owners who are building a new city in the middle of a fucking desert. Surely, they can get the best architechts, engineers, construction companies to build a football stadium in 2 years or less. 

Once complete, we move in. Gateshesd International can be scaled down in capacity but will be at a PL standard condition. It gives something back to them for letting us play there. Heck, let them be our first opponents in our first game back in the new SJP. 

Would 35,000 accommodate all the season ticket holders?

11 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Would 35,000 accommodate all the season ticket holders?

Probably not but it's ultimately a sacrifice that may need to be made. Remember, we only had a 36k capacity during the Keegan years. Thousands were not able to watch us. I

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, madras said:

Wasn't it just a company set up to administer the finances from the sale of the metro station land in 2019 ?

Haven't got a clue mate! Just seen a few things with todays date on and the mention of Strawberry Place.

Burnsie seems to think expansion has been given the green light to 62,000. Strawberry corner and gallowgate being expanded summer 2023. Also says been told they might lower the pitch and build down but not sure how that would work.

34 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Burnsie seems to think expansion has been given the green light to 62,000. Strawberry corner and gallowgate being expanded summer 2023. Also says been told they might lower the pitch and build down but not sure how that would work.

Well it’s not like him to be spectacular wrong, but he’s spectacular wrong.

To be given permission they would need to apply for planning permission. There has been no planning applications submitted, and even though councils are now trying to fast track applications, there is no way a planning application like this would be passed quickly. It would quite likely be a 6 month + long application process, and you can guarantee it would be high profile enough to gain local media attention.

40 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Stopped reading right there.

Edited by Scoot

44 minutes ago, NWMag said:

That's mental come off it. 

47 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Aye saw his tweet, based on the strawberry place companies house update. Any plans being "approved" would be a public record after having gone through multiple layers of local council shenanigans. 

Basically, if this happens he'll claim it as an exclusive. If not, he'll delete. Get tae fuck.

50 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Yes, I saw a Video where that was said. It said "expansion to 62,000 was APPROVED".

I knew it couldn't mean 'planning approved', in the way that it sounded, so I checked and (like Stifler says above) there is no sign of a Planning Application being submitted, never mind approved.

I wonder what else could be meant by the use of the word 'approved', if it isn't planning?

1 hour ago, NWMag said:

Shame the lad talks absolute shite cos that would have been amazing!

23 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Yes, I saw a Video where that was said. It said "expansion to 62,000 was APPROVED".

I knew it couldn't mean 'planning approved', in the way that it sounded, so I checked and (like Stifler says above) there is no sign of a Planning Application being submitted, never mind approved.

I wonder what else could be meant by the use of the word 'approved', if it isn't planning?

As you know through SSC, planning isn’t just approved without it becoming public knowledge, certainly not in proposals like these.

The odds are that SSC members would be the 1st to know when a planning application was submitted, assuming the club themselves never announced it at the time.

Guest reefatoon

How the fuck would lowering the pitch work in our ground? Build down to get seats in? The pitch would end up the size of a subbuteo pitch.

Mehrdad mentioned ongoing discussions with the council in today's takeover anniversary interview. If they've got any sense then those talks will have involved discussing the possibilty of building a new stadium at Castle Leazes and remodelling the park. Sorry to say but SJP will probably never cut it as an elite stadium. There are simply too many obstacles.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Well it’s not like him to be spectacular wrong, but he’s spectacular wrong.

To be given permission they would need to apply for planning permission. There has been no planning applications submitted, and even though councils are now trying to fast track applications, there is no way a planning application like this would be passed quickly. It would quite likely be a 6 month + long application process, and you can guarantee it would be high profile enough to gain local media attention.

Come on, you know how these things work for big business. Talks behind close doors "So if we propose this will it get approved ?"...."Why yes it will". Theres Permission and Permission.

18 minutes ago, madras said:

Come on, you know how these things work for big business. Talks behind close doors "So if we propose this will it get approved ?"...."Why yes it will". Theres Permission and Permission.

That’s not to say it’s been given permission. The planning authority can talk to developers and say these will be concerns, these won’t be. In the end though it will still go to councillors on the planning committee who will make their own decision. The planning department will make them a recommendation based on if legally they can reject the scheme and if so on what grounds.

A lot of councillors go their own way or go the way of the political party even if it disregards the panning authorities recommendation. When Spurs were building their stadium, one of the councillors on there was very anti development and didn’t want to build a football stadium purely because he was not a Sports fan, and very typically upper class rich person who thinks anyone who doesn’t have a library for a house is a degenerate. He managed to pretty much delay the votes for as long as possible.