St James' Park

Delima

16 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

No. Though it may have improved lately because of title races or whatever even they called it the "Souless bowl" and thats based off of an old ground that had no atmosphere (bar the appearance) either.

Only Brighton that I can think of have a new stadium with a better atmosphere than the old. Though again that's an improvement on getting 5000 at a athletics stadium or the old Goldstone. Some are about the same most are worse.

Brighton at Goldstone Ground was my first CM save.

Just now, gbandit said:

I heard Wet ‘n’ Wild had been bought out. People’s thoughts on turning it into our stadium? 

Na, sacred ground that, I did something beautiful in those communal changing rooms with a lass from Wallsend

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I heard Wet ‘n’ Wild had been bought out. People’s thoughts on turning it into our stadium? 

Absolutely not.

It would however be a great location for a small stadium for North Shields. It has been sold to developers though, whoever they may be, and we’ll likely see some houses on it.

17 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Maybe assuming they went all out. Pretty sure £2b would make it the second most expensive stadium ever built in the world.

It all depends on what they want and how inflation has made prices rise.

If we built at the same time as Spurs did, we could have got Spurs’ stadium in Newcastle for £600m-£700m instead of the £1bn it cost them. For the same £1bn we could have got a much better stadium.

£1bn now would likely not even be enough for a replica in Newcastle. So if they wanted the biggest, more executive seats, more flexibility in changing it’s use etc, then yeah we likely are looking at between £1bn-£1.5bn now.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Absolutely not.

It would however be a great location for a small stadium for North Shields. It has been sold to developers though, whoever they may be, and we’ll likely see some houses on it.

Ironically the football soccerdome on the otherside was bought and run down by Mike Ashley.

Bigger space but I can't imagine he would sell it to Newcastle lol

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Absolutely not.

It would be easy to take a spur off the Metro down there too.

14 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Absolutely not.

I hear you, maybe doesn’t tick all the right boxes. I thought it was likely going to be flats as well when I saw it which feels really shit. Royal Quays is already on its arse, it feels like a dead zone round there and could do with something to breathe life into it 

11 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Ironically the football soccerdome on the otherside was bought and run down by Mike Ashley.

What is it now? I used to love playing fives there. Is it just abandoned now?

28 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I hear you, maybe doesn’t tick all the right boxes. I thought it was likely going to be flats as well when I saw it which feels really shit. Royal Quays is already on its arse, it feels like a dead zone round there and could do with something to breathe life into it 

Called 'Newcastle Quays' now. Not even kidding!

41 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

It’s never been owned by him, he took the lease on when he bought JJB out of administration, but he never owned the building.

I actually forwarded the details of the building for sale sign onto Costco a few months back, because they are expanding in the U.K.

I doubt they would take it on, but it really needs to be like a supermarket or Primark if Newcastle Quays next door is going to have any chance of getting customers back. The building is owned by a different company though.

41 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It would be easy to take a spur off the Metro down there too.

Not really, it’s also not that far away from Percy Main or Meadowell to warrant it. A decent footpath would be sufficient.

51 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Not really, it’s also not that far away from Percy Main or Meadowell to warrant it. A decent footpath would be sufficient.

Situated a brisk 1 minute run for your life away from Meadowell Metro

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Na, sacred ground that, I did something beautiful in those communal changing rooms with a lass from Wallsend

Wallsend lass ? I reckon she done it to you.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Wallsend lass ? I reckon she done it to you.

Oh aye, I did nothing, we met in the Jacuzzi and she took me into the changing room, her rat face boyfriend turned up later in his Citroen AX, I'm sure the whole thing was in VIZ a few months later.