St James' Park

Delima

Just now, Sima said:

I’d be very surprised if blocks I-L in the East Stand weren’t corporate in 5 years time.

All the current season holders will probably be dead there so unsurprised.

SJP looks okay on a match day when there's tens of thousands of people swarming around it, you don't really get to see the details. But if you actually walk around it on any other day it looks an absolute tip. Apart from the new dressing room every aspect of it looks absolutely knackered. If an expansion is the way they go, there is so much else that needs doing to it to bring it up do date. 

18 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

SJP looks okay on a match day when there's tens of thousands of people swarming around it, you don't really get to see the details. But if you actually walk around it on any other day it looks an absolute tip. Apart from the new dressing room every aspect of it looks absolutely knackered. If an expansion is the way they go, there is so much else that needs doing to it to bring it up do date. 

On a recent ground tour I was quite surprised about how basic the dressing room looked, I remember my last ground tour was nearly 20 years before that and I was more impressed then with all the oak fittings and shit (maybe expectations have changed) 

The corridors heading up to the press room were tired and paper over the cracks. The mini tables for the press to sit on looked absolutely knackered. 

I also found that there were many random spaces within that were not utilised in contrast to the important areas that were narrow and cramped. 

I think if we aren't moving a rebuild is a must, I just don't know how that's possible 

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I think if we aren't moving a rebuild is a must, I just don't know how that's possible 

It isn’t without massively screwing current season ticket holders for years, hence why a move is best. SJP in its current form is a dated, lopsided relic that is being left behind in terms of world stadiums. All the things that make it unique are also a massive problem, with no dead land around it to build up and out.

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s ok lads this is imminent so we will know any minute now. 

Waiting for news if it is like the takeover saga all over again.

Cans……..

Soon…….

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

Its almost like building a brand new stadium or redeveloping a massive headache of a stadium takes a fair but of planning and execution. Useless twats. 

Nobody is saying this. 

3 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Its almost like building a brand new stadium or redeveloping a massive headache of a stadium takes a fair but of planning and execution. Useless twats. 

Depends on your definition of the word 'imminent' I suppose.

My reference to us moving slow isn’t just in relation to the stadium. It’s also to do with the training ground, some sponsor-related stuff, not seemingly doing anything to challenge any of the corrupt rules in place that damage competition, not taking advantage of the actual rules in place, not planning effectively for this window just gone. It all just feels slapdash considering we’re “the richest” club around. Obviously we’re hamstrung but we don’t seem to have done much to work within the confines of being hamstrung

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

My reference to us moving slow isn’t just in relation to the stadium. It’s also to do with the training ground, some sponsor-related stuff, not seemingly doing anything to challenge any of the corrupt rules in place that damage competition, not taking advantage of the actual rules in place, not planning effectively for this window just gone. It all just feels slapdash considering we’re “the richest” club around. Obviously we’re hamstrung but we don’t seem to have done much to work within the confines of being hamstrung

Yeah, we're not hamstrung at all when it comes to infrastructure and youth level stuff and the progress on long terms stuff for that seems glacially slow.

6 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

On a recent ground tour I was quite surprised about how basic the dressing room looked, I remember my last ground tour was nearly 20 years before that and I was more impressed then with all the oak fittings and shit (maybe expectations have changed) 

The corridors heading up to the press room were tired and paper over the cracks. The mini tables for the press to sit on looked absolutely knackered. 

I also found that there were many random spaces within that were not utilised in contrast to the important areas that were narrow and cramped. 

The bit where the 'tributes' are on the paving behind the Milburn is a disgrace in my opinion, it should never have been left to get to that state. I understand it's  underfoot so it's going to take a battering but they need to do something about that.

Edited by Harry 209

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

You’ll probably find out they are all interconnected with the new stadium. Fairly confident all will be revealed and make more sense.

Especially when the Man City case is clarified. If not both their cases.

Edited by LFEE

And how dare he keep his seat.

That area has been designated for a small cocktail/hotdog bar accompanied by some pox doctors clerk 

Sounds delightful, do you want my 7k now?

And how dare he keep his seat.

That area has been designated for a small cocktail/hotdog bar accompanied by some pox doctors clerk 

You could be right, no burger vans outside our rugs and flasks stand anymore now.

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

You’ll probably find out they are all interconnected with the new stadium. Fairly confident all will be revealed and make more sense.

Especially when the Man City case is clarified. If not both their cases.

You said a month or two ago that the club hadn't been in touch with the Freemen about Castle Leazes, has something changed on that front... or no comment?

Edited by Jackie Broon