St James' Park

Delima

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Hypothetically, if they did decide there’s not a viable plan, would they announce or it just leave it alone and move on?

I’d be extremely surprised if doing nothing was an option. 

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

To be fair, Peter Silverstone said a decision on the stadium was imminent, not an announcement. There may be quite a bit of negotiation and design work to do after a decision before they are ready for an announcement.

crushed noo GIF

For what it's worth I have a hunch that they have decided on Castle Leazes, but the announcement of that will have to be very sensitively done and there will be a lot of behind the scenes work before they'll be ready for that.

30 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

For what it's worth I have a hunch that they have decided on Castle Leazes, but the announcement of that will have to be very sensitively done and there will be a lot of behind the scenes work before they'll be ready for that.

Hope you're right!

57 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Is that your Spider senses tingling or do you “know” anything? 

Would be a crease if they've been sneakily building a new stadium and then they just announce it as a fait accompli and our next home game is in an 80,000 capacity state of the art megadome on the Otterburn Ranges

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Is that your Spider senses tingling or do you “know” anything? 

Just spider senses and Occam's razor, it's the most obvious answer and I don't the planning issues are insurmountable if the Council are on-side.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Just spider senses and Occam's razor, it's the most obvious answer and I don't the planning issues are insurmountable if the Council are on-side.

Hasn’t the new student accommodation been started?