St James' Park

Delima

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Has its critics on here for its simplicity but i keep looking at the stands and elevation gradient and how big each block is and think it will be a bear pit personally.

Looks nice for sure. But Mark Thomas using the "scale" of the machinery and people on the pitch honestly made me think the place looked smaller. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Looks nice for sure. But Mark Thomas using the "scale" of the machinery and people on the pitch honestly made me think the place looked smaller. :lol: 

Same, the stand looks tiny compared with the Leaves for example.

3 hours ago, RS said:

Can see the upper tiers at Everton being closed more often than not. They haven’t sold out at home so far this season

The novelty factor will see it full if nowt else. The mackems only sold out Roker Park 3 times in its final season before they moved to the SoL (one of those against us obviously and another for the last ever game) and it only held 22k. The following season they were getting 35/40k every week as they doubled their crowds from one season to the next.

That's why I call them the 1997ers, cos around 50% of their fans never bothered watching them prior to moving to their new stadium.

Darren Eales is set to discuss the findings of a feasibility study into the expansion of St James' Park with the club's Fan Advisory Board - but no decision has been made on the next course of action.

Confidential understands the chief executive will first meet with the nine members of the FAB and take feedback from them. Their next scheduled meeting is for early next week, although Eales' attendance has not yet been confirmed.

The study, commissioned a year ago, will conclude that several options are open to the club, should they decide to stay at St James'. As much as this is the preference and the expectation, sources insist that a board decision has not yet been reached on how best to proceed.

There is also the complication of the current lease on the stadium, that has around 70 years to run and is held by Newcastle City Council. If the club and their Saudi owners are going to invest up to £1billion in a redevelopment instead of move to a new site, the terms of the St James' lease - and its ownership structure - will have to be updated.

But while there is hope among supporters that Newcastle will very soon follow Leeds with the unveiling of detailed plans to expand their current home, that is not the case at present. The next step is the meeting with the FAB. 

From Craig Hope.

https://archive.ph/WpNi0

Edited by GeordieT

Slight stadium update in here  

Darren Eales is set to discuss the findings of a feasibility study into the expansion of St James' Park with the club's Fan Advisory Board - but no decision has been made on the next course of action.

Confidential understands the chief executive will first meet with the nine members of the FAB and take feedback from them. Their next scheduled meeting is for early next week, although Eales' attendance has not yet been confirmed.

The study, commissioned a year ago, will conclude that several options are open to the club, should they decide to stay at St James'. As much as this is the preference and the expectation, sources insist that a board decision has not yet been reached on how best to proceed.

There is also the complication of the current lease on the stadium, that has around 70 years to run and is held by Newcastle City Council. If the club and their Saudi owners are going to invest up to £1billion in a redevelopment instead of move to a new site, the terms of the St James' lease - and its ownership structure - will have to be updated.

But while there is hope among supporters that Newcastle will very soon follow Leedswith the unveiling of detailed plans to expand their current home, that is not the case at present. The next step is the meeting with the FAB. 

29 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Darren Eales is set to discuss the findings of a feasibility study into the expansion of St James' Park with the club's Fan Advisory Board

Anyone know who’s on this FAB? It’s gotta be a bunch of boomers doesn’t it? :anguish: 

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Anyone know who’s on this FAB? It’s gotta be a bunch of boomers doesn’t it? :anguish: 

Well, this person's on it. 

Natalie Noyes (International fan representative)

"Based in New York, I was introduced to NUFC just after the takeover. I am an active member of Toon Army NYC, who regularly host supporters from across the US, UK and around the world at our beloved home base of Peter Dillon’s 36th Street.

"I attended my first match in Newcastle against Arsenal in May 2023, and since then have been away to Leeds and Chelsea, followed by both Sam Fender shows at SJP, all three US Summer Series matches, Chelsea at home, and the Champions League game at PSG. I have also attended NUSC events in London and Paris.

I applied for that international fan spot too, fyi. 

My application was DENIED and as I was HAULED off out of that chance. 

Edited by Kanji

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I applied for that international fan spot too, fyi. 

My application was DENIED and as I was HAULED off out of that chance. 

That some of the international fans that actually witnessed the awful times and are geet passionate about the club such as yourself got passed over for that is either :lol: or :anguish: . Take your pick. Both tbh.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

That some of the international fans that actually witnessed the awful times and are geet passionate about the club such as yourself got passed over for that is either :lol: or :anguish: . Take your pick. Both tbh.

The club actually told me I'd be a good fit for it too on the various conversations I had with them leading up to it. 

Just now, Kanji said:

The club actually told me I'd be a good fit for it too on the various conversations I had with them leading up to it. 

The sight of Darren Eales now further infuriates me. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The sight of Darren Eales now further infuriates me. Cheers.

All good. I probably would have gotten decimated on here :lol:  "KANJI LACKS AMBITION"

25 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Well, this person's on it. 

This is what pusses me off. I’m a former season ticket holder, been a season ticket holder twice, both over multiple seasons. First time I stopped being one was when I became an adult, my mam and stepdad could no longer afford it for me, and I wasn’t yet in work to afford it myself.

2nd time was the Rafa situation, which we can agree to disagree if you disagree with my view.

I have decades of purchase history of buying tickets, being there during the lows, away games etc.

Come to when I want a match ticket I can’t get one, and she gets major games, a Champions League game (our first home game in 20 years), and gets appointed on a board that is designed to protect our history.

I’m sure she got a cup final ticket as well. 

I'm possibly making some bad assumptions as maybe they take it very seriously, but is that person going to care about anything to do with the city, the history, or the financial ramifications of this decision and how it impacts our ability to compete? Or are they only going to care if they can get tickets when they want them? 

I guess you could apply that same question to everyone on the FAB, but it pisses me off that one of the people speaking directly to the CEO on this is someone who probably showed up to Peter Dillon's in December 2022 to drink beer and watch the World Cup, decided it was a fun time, and then took an online quiz about which PL team they should support.

You certainly hope so, and would assume anyone on that board would be thinking about the club's potential/future, city impact, history, financial ramifcations, etc. 

(I certainly would have :lol:) if you saw my posts the last 24 hours in this thread or met me in person or knew me from my support here since the ice age. 

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm possibly making some bad assumptions as maybe they take it very seriously, but is that person going to care about anything to do with the city, the history, or the financial ramifications of this decision and how it impacts our ability to compete? Or are they only going to care if they can get tickets when they want them? 

I guess you could apply that same question to everyone on the FAB, but it pisses me off that one of the people speaking directly to the CEO on this is someone who probably showed up to Peter Dillon's in December 2022 to drink beer and watch the World Cup, decided it was a fun time, and then took an online quiz about which PL team they should support.

I remember reading a wider interview with her, she was apparently a Chelsea fan before our takeover. How someone like that can have a say is beyond me.