St James' Park

Delima

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah, first of all you have the land we need to buy from different parties, with rumours of us recently buying Wellbar Central (Sky offices).

You then have the complications of building over Metro station, which is possible, but will cost more. Add on the re-routing of both Strawberry Road, and Barrack Road.

Now add on how we are either going to do it in stages, or play elsewhere, likely a bit of both.

Then finally, the cost of the new build stadium in anyway.

Are we buying the Wellbar Central or just renting some office space for the growing ops team?

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Are we buying the Wellbar Central or just renting some office space for the growing ops team?

No idea. I heard that we bought it, but that rumour originated on Facebook. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

I sincerely hope that its a rebuild at current St James or overlapping in to Leases Park but this project is going to run till 2030 or 2032. The whole infrastructure to the north, south and west is gridlocked for an hour after the game. I either park in the college or at my daughters in Fenham and with always staying till the final whistle it can take an hour to get out the car park. Add an additional 20000 and the whole town will grid lock. Gateshead council have wrecked the road layouts from the Tyne Bridge and Swing Bridge and I still can't understand how trains can go over the high level but cars can't so the only options for South and West is the Redeugh and  Scotswood and the traffic lights at Michell Bearings are already being used to drip feed traffic across Scotswood bridge to prevent A1 & Chainbridge Road being too busy which then gridlocks Scotswood Road back in to town. The one way systems along Percy Street and the RVI force all traffic to go on the same routes out of town. Add in the fact that half the parking spaces in car parks are now permit holders only makes it worse. If we can increase match day to similar to Spurs, have another 30 events a year with Oasis, Taylor Swift, Boxing etc. the additional money for the club, and also the city, will be massive. Hotels, restaurants and bars will be back making profits again and the city will be buzzing. Building in part of Leases park and convert the St James Park land to an arena / 'Disney type village' Newcastle Fanzone and it will totally rejuvenate our city and is vitally needed but the council will really need to sort out the roads and car parks. They'll probably solve it by charging a £30 toll to try and make it car free. The infrastructure work will take longer than the stadium. 

The high level bridge has structural issues. It’s not far off needing rebuilt. They made decision a while back on having trains go over it, or cars.

Gateshead have fucked things with Askew Road like, but once the motorway comes down, it will be a lot better.

Newcastle has to start making better use of park & rides though.

39 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

I sincerely hope that its a rebuild at current St James or overlapping in to Leases Park but this project is going to run till 2030 or 2032. The whole infrastructure to the north, south and west is gridlocked for an hour after the game. I either park in the college or at my daughters in Fenham and with always staying till the final whistle it can take an hour to get out the car park. Add an additional 20000 and the whole town will grid lock. Gateshead council have wrecked the road layouts from the Tyne Bridge and Swing Bridge and I still can't understand how trains can go over the high level but cars can't so the only options for South and West is the Redeugh and  Scotswood and the traffic lights at Michell Bearings are already being used to drip feed traffic across Scotswood bridge to prevent A1 & Chainbridge Road being too busy which then gridlocks Scotswood Road back in to town. The one way systems along Percy Street and the RVI force all traffic to go on the same routes out of town. Add in the fact that half the parking spaces in car parks are now permit holders only makes it worse. If we can increase match day to similar to Spurs, have another 30 events a year with Oasis, Taylor Swift, Boxing etc. the additional money for the club, and also the city, will be massive. Hotels, restaurants and bars will be back making profits again and the city will be buzzing. Building in part of Leases park and convert the St James Park land to an arena / 'Disney type village' Newcastle Fanzone and it will totally rejuvenate our city and is vitally needed but the council will really need to sort out the roads and car parks. They'll probably solve it by charging a £30 toll to try and make it car free. The infrastructure work will take longer than the stadium. 

Driving anywhere in or around town is like a purgatory of bus/taxi lanes and one way systems. Gateshead have obviously been in full collusion to ensure a 15 minute detour round Gateshead for what was a 2 min journey previously. Combined with the inability to park anywhere that wont cost donating a kidney...Long term plan is clearly to have both centres car free.

11 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Can also tell the Hoppings to fuck right off 

they can just built it where the worlds fair used to be on the moor behind the hospital.

castle leazes is kinda small and already has flooding issues, I doubt they would let a stadium be built there, there's also an underground stream that leads to leazes park lake

1 hour ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

I hope they don't do most of this.

This is classic car driver think and the reason why our city centres are dying.

1 hour ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Some paragraphs in the infrastructure of that post would rejuvenate it massively  

41 minutes ago, Arknor said:

they can just built it where the worlds fair used to be on the moor behind the hospital.

castle leazes is kinda small and already has flooding issues, I doubt they would let a stadium be built there, there's also an underground stream that leads to leazes park lake

I was on the moor today, had a yomp with the durg 

Can see the old nag race track, can see the old small pox hospital, can see the old aerodrome, so we won’t be the first to plonk a building on there

Cow Hill is man made so we’ve already fucked with the landscape. And the east section where the hive of scum & villainy Hoppings goes is ploughed so there’s no grass

Just build a fucking massive Magpie Megadome in the middle of the fucker, get some use out of the acreage 

Once it’s up and running no one will give a shite about what it used to be like with mud and turds and a few skanky bovines wandering about aimlessly 

Edited by bobbydazzla

38 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I was on the moor today, had a yomp with the durg 

Can see the old nag race track, can see the old small pox hospital, can see the old aerodrome, so we won’t be the first to plonk a building on there

Cow Hill is man made so we’ve already fucked with the landscape. And the east section where the hive of scum & villainy Hoppings goes is ploughed so there’s no grass

Just build a fucking massive Magpie Megadome in the middle of the fucker, get some use out of the acreage 

Once it’s up and running no one will give a shite about what it used to be like with mud and turds and a few skanky bovines wandering about aimlessly 

Leave some space for the magic mushrooms