St James' Park

Delima

2 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Ran it through Bing again to incorporate more parkland and fanzone stuff. 

OIG (15).jpeg

OIG (16).jpeg

OIG (17).jpeg

OIG (18).jpeg

OIG (19).jpeg

NIce, I imagine Bing has all sorts of family friendly filters, but any chance of there being a 100ft tall solid gold statue of Alan Shearer teabagging Niall Quinn out the front? If we do move location, that's what should be built in its place IMO.

6 minutes ago, Checko said:

NIce, I imagine Bing has all sorts of family friendly filters, but any chance of there being a 100ft tall solid gold statue of Alan Shearer teabagging Niall Quinn out the front? If we do move location, that's what should be built in its place IMO.

Took a few attempts as it didn't like teabagging 😂 

OIG (23).jpeg

6 minutes ago, Checko said:

Its not about aesthetics. Its about everyone being in a pub thats heaving. My son in law got us tickets and my lass a ticket whilst we were walking over the Red Heuegh bridge. They were in France but we were always going to love going to the pink Triangle in  Toon . We saw a Bruno masterclass and Lewis Miley slots his first goal. (WTF).  Maggie punched the bloke in front of e her. Absolutely fucking brailliant

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Screenshot-2024-01-09-113622.png

I know it'd never going to happen but anyone from the conatruction industry know how long would a brick by brick process take for a building as big as the that to move?

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I know it'd never going to happen but anyone from the conatruction industry know how long would a brick by brick process take for a building as big as the that to move?

I’m a quantity surveyor.  I actually worked on a renovation in the North East where a sandstone brick facade replaced in sections.  The cost would be mind-blowing; yes, the materials wouldn’t be as expensive given most are recycled, but all the finishes would need to be done.

If you’re demolishing a sandstone facade by hand, and you’d need to number the blocks etc as they come out, then I’d allow 50% additional time for everything that goes with that.   Say 4 hours per m2 of labour - comfortably. For comparison, a two brick thick wall (very thick) takes about 2.5 hours to demolish per m2 - but those walls are likely less thick than those sandstone blocks, you’d need to be a lot less careful, and the removed blocks would need to be carefully enumerated and stored.

The costs would be insane. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle