St James' Park

Delima

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

If we got the arena site you would think that the disused railway bridge that links Central Station to the site would be used, as it has been proposed for various schemes on the arena site in the past.

Yes. In an ideal world it could be a light rail extension to the transport infrastructure.

It could also be a pedestrian and cycle route.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah, they might, but @Keegans Export’s reference to a new

stadium being “incredibly unlikely” was in reference to them starting redevelopment (if that’s what is decided upon).

The club has to make that decision though, it’s either or, I doubt it can be both.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

stadium being “incredibly unlikely” was in reference to them starting redevelopment (if that’s what is decided upon).

The club has to make that decision though, it’s either or, I doubt it can be both.

Edited by FloydianMag

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Let's keep SJP, develop a new stadium on the arena site and rotate every other week. Could sell half-season tickets to just one or the other. More money. More fans able to attend. All our problems will disappear.

47 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Yes. In an ideal world it could be a light rail extension to the transport infrastructure.

It could also be a pedestrian and cycle route.

A light rail extension?

Mate it’s a hundred yards or so, and only really relevant for fans going to/from the stadium via Central Station.

resurface it, tidy it up, make it look nice, and that’s it done.

27 minutes ago, wormy said:

Let's keep SJP, develop a new stadium on the arena site and rotate every other week. Could sell half-season tickets to just one or the other. More money. More fans able to attend. All our problems will disappear.

Yes, but how is Leazes Terrace going to get transported to Beamish?

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

A light rail extension?

Mate it’s a hundred yards or so, and only really relevant for fans going to/from the stadium via Central Station.

resurface it, tidy it up, make it look nice, and that’s it done.

😀  I was thinking of a westward line to somewhere like Westerhope (as an alternative to a westerly metro extension from St.James's). Not a cat in hell's chance, of course, which is why I said 'in an ideal world'. 

50 minutes ago, TomYam said:

😀  I was thinking of a westward line to somewhere like Westerhope (as an alternative to a westerly metro extension from St.James's). Not a cat in hell's chance, of course, which is why I said 'in an ideal world'. 

Nah, only chance of the Metro or like extending west is ironically, via St James.

On 06/12/2023 at 20:35, Dokko said:

Could we not go in stages, build 3 sides as close to SJP as possible, then build the final side when its ready. 

sjp2.png

Copy righting this for a free lifelong season ticket.

That would be my preferred option over extending SJP.

As somebody mentioned, the prospect of just more level 7 seats isn’t very appealing. A new ground where we could actively make singing areas without the legacy issues of ST holders. Plus more corporate money to help us overcome FFP restrictions. 

I feel like our plans to be an elite club are in danger of being watered down.

Edited by Vedder

Just watched that Tyneside life’s video on SJP expansion. He genuinely doesn’t have a clue for most things but he does have an interview with the chair of the Leazes Park conservation committee who is also on the fan advisory board, and she said they’d be open to a conversation where SJP is moved further into the park, in exchange for funding guarantees for the park to improve the facilities etc there.

This is the best option by a country mile, expanding/upgrading SJP just seems far too restrictive numbers wise.

65000 will hopefully be nowhere near enough for ticket demand if the club get to where they state we want to be, as others have said and I cant see any way to get the required corporate numbers in SJP to hopefully keep general sales tickets to still be relatively affordable.

Probably the only way to keep it near enough where it is with minimal disruption, not overly keen on the Arena site myself and anywhere else can feck clean off.

Blank Cheque for funding guarantees for Leazes park in my opinion.

In this dimension its not possible to build a big stadium anywhere or anyhow where many of the seats aren't 'level 7' esque in terms of view and distance from the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Who could have predicted that he'd be back from his break so soon. :lol:

Cant keep a good narcissist down 🤓

Same old .... puts a vid up which references a previous vid where he talked to City Councillor Marion Williamson who specifically says there would be probs less objections this time around ( re building on Leazes Park ) then in the comments in response to someone he says theres NO chance of us building on Leazes Park . Hes a fkin know it all know nowt 

Edited by Orphanage