St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That can't be accurate. The people on here who would winge about SJP and its lack of atmosphere after we beat Man City 15-0 assured me that no one likes it here and that they were speaking for the majority.

That’s the second time they have done a review on the visiting NUFC experience. On both occasions they said everything about it was great apart from the atmosphere, which they said was poor. Which is basically the exact same thing that us NUFC fans complain about.

On 13/04/2024 at 20:25, Stifler said:

I’ve just been watching a Stunttpeg YouTube video and she’s at Minnesota United who have a club shop in their stadium.

Nothing unusual there you may add?

Nah man, it’s at the back of the stand, like saying you are at row ZZ in the Gallowgate and right behind you is a convenience store sized club store behind you. 

More like the American model. Of course in baseball there’s a lot more time to do the shopping :lol:

Watching videos like that where they talk about drinking in bars near the ground and mingling with the locals shouldn’t be such a big thing, but when you go places like Villa and they don’t let you in any pubs near the ground you realise. 

Also, the atmosphere at that game was the worst this season imo and they’ve still rated it higher than a lot of others. How bad must it be at those stadiums?

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Watching videos like that where they talk about drinking in bars near the ground and mingling with the locals shouldn’t be such a big thing, but when you go places like Villa and they don’t let you in any pubs near the ground you realise. 

Also, the atmosphere at that game was the worst this season imo and they’ve still rated it higher than a lot of others. How bad must it be at those stadiums?

I’ve sat in a few home ends at our away games this season (Man City, West Ham) they have been terrible. I really think a lot is due to the phone glued generation. 

So many people watch the game through their phone screen nowadays so they can get a few likes on social media. Same with gigs etc. 

I think the Gateshead stadium move to the old North Durham ground was mainly down to credit crunch and change of government. They were going to have an NHS walk in centre as the anchor tenant, under the main stand but funding for that got pulled. Shame, would have been great for Gateshead, whereas International Stadium location is awful.

Edited by montysmythe

13 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

That can't be accurate. The people on here who would winge about SJP and its lack of atmosphere after we beat Man City 15-0 assured me that no one likes it here and that they were speaking for the majority.

Seen a Spurs vlog that was complimentary of it to, not just Saturday but generally.  Its actually not difficult to come across opinions like that.

The West Ham defender and interviewer the other week were talking about it.

They're probably comparing it to other places they experience currently rather than memories of a handful of years and a different world 30years ago.

47 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Looks like just what might happen if planning regs and physics weren't a consideration :lol:

A very well-made version of all the ideas we came up with on here in 2021. I love it tbh. :lol:

I like that the options all feel possible as well, or at least they don't feel really far-fetched. Even option B is only not possible because of the right to light for Leazes iirc.

Edited by Kid Icarus

58 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

Don’t know how accurate this could be…option C for me! 

So much work and detail in that video yet they didn't know Newcastle was one word.  Worrying.

Option C for me. Although we could design something better looking than that. I think the integration with Leazes Park looks fantastic too.

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Option C (with a much better looking stadium) would be massive and why I think a lot on here would go for.

Would literally commit murder for C.

I've always thought option c was the best route, the park is in need of major development anyway. Surely it would suit the council or whatever bullshit non profit they have looking after it if Newcastle become custodians of the park, imagine approaching the stadium through the park, it would be unreal.