St James' Park

Delima

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

It's my take from today's news. 

But wouldn’t the council just coming out and saying they didn’t even discuss lease extension completely negate this?

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

It’s the Freeman’s land not the Council. They pay us six figures a year iirc. It was renegotiated whilst Ashley was running things  so wasn’t 1992. I recall we did the club a favour due to relegation and reduced terms. Long time ago but that’s what’s in my head.

Aye you’re right it’s the Freeman’s land but the council acting as landlord, like you say long time ago so I may be a bit befuddled 

Best rebuild on a current site in U.K. has to be Millenium stadium in Cardiff. It’s stood test of time, has great atmosphere and seats are in close proximity to pitch.

12 hours ago, bealios said:

It wasn't that long ago that NUFC were 8th in the Deloitte list of income generating clubs in Europe. I think that is still feasible. What I don't think is feasible is that many many millions are spent on increasing the capacity of the ground by 8,000 - just to sell those 8,000 extra tickets at £40 a pop. £240,000 per game, £5m a season with cup games. Just cannot see it happening. 

Actually we were 5th . . . 

Rich List - Newcastle United 5th Richest in World.jpg

52 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Best rebuild on a current site in U.K. has to be Millenium stadium in Cardiff. It’s stood test of time, has great atmosphere and seats are in close proximity to pitch.

fans need to be right at pitch side like a chicken coop.

I give it 10 years until we're all wearing VR headsets and bidding to watch the matches through the "eyes" of our favourite player in real time.

Hypothetically, with massive funds and a will to get something done as quickly as possible.

How long would a rebuild take? Minimum 2 years?

39 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Hypothetically, with massive funds and a will to get something done as quickly as possible.

Nowhere to play in the mean time is the issue. 

Murrayfield possibly the closest, feasible option but that would be a nightmare. 

I don't even want to try and understand the meeting between the Scottish FA and English FA to allow that.

53 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Trying to think back to how long the level 7 expansion took. I had a season ticket in the Leazes End at the time and remember we spent the entire 99/00 season without a roof over our heads but can't remember what the full timescale was.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Amazing stadium, partly because it is slap bang in city centre surrounded by pubs, and it's also a great design like you say.

With the roof down, atmosphere is excellent 

15 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Trying to think back to how long the level 7 expansion took. I had a season ticket in the Leazes End at the time and remember we spent the entire 99/00 season without a roof over our heads but can't remember what the full timescale was.

According to Wikipedia, we got planning permission in July 1998 and the work was completed in July 2000.

10 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

According to Wikipedia, we got planning permission in July 1998 and the work was completed in July 2000.

That's pretty quick from planning permission being granted to completion then.

I wonder if the lease will be extended on the provision that the council at their own expense have to build a cycle lane through the middle of the pitch.

Granted my bins havent been emptied in three months. It would cause years of disruption being built, only for it never to be used, but at least it would in line with every other cycle lane in the city centre. 

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

I wonder if the lease will be extended on the provision that the council at their own expense have to build a cycle lane through the middle of the pitch.

Granted my bins havent been emptied in three months. It would cause years of disruption being built, only for it never to be used, but at least it would in line with every other cycle lane in the city centre. 

Wait...what?

41 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Wait...what?

I'm guessing TBG is a fellow resident of South Tyneside, the binmen have been on strike since before Christmas.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

How have I missed that [emoji38]

Striking for another 6 months starting today as well. Seen a guy dragging his wheelie bin towards S Shields Town Hall at 8am this morning, hope hes emptied it there :lol:

3 hours ago, manorpark said:

Actually we were 5th . . . 

Rich List - Newcastle United 5th Richest in World.jpg

Should have brought all these ffp/psr rules in then.

Except it would have been a shameful c*nts trick and an affront to the sport.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Pretty sure the first visible signs of development were the Wimbledon game where Duncan Ferguson debuted - Nov 98  from within the ground but other work had probably already taken place externally.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Think Wales were playing world cup qualifiers there in Autumn 97 still and its first match was Sept/Oct 99 for the Rugby World Cup. Always bring it up in comparison to how long Wembley took.

Think we did great building the current SJP to lose a roof for one reason and half the Gallowgate end for half a season - when other clubs at the time had whole ends as building sites for most of a season

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Striking for another 6 months starting today as well. Seen a guy dragging his wheelie bin towards S Shields Town Hall at 8am this morning, hope hes emptied it there :lol:

assume theres a skip there, they've dotted them about. Theres one in Fellgate at the community centre.

joke like, had my recycling emptied once this year!

1 minute ago, sleazy said:

assume theres a skip there, they've dotted them about. Theres one in Fellgate at the community centre.

joke like, had my recycling emptied once this year!

Just noticed that Fellgate ones the only one in Jarra now ffs. Theres one in Mambos car park in Shields but he wasnt walking near that(from Voyager to Town Hall) i have to walk past to get to car so will see if i just havent noticed it as it would be easier for me with working here over driving to Fellgate to dump bags