St James' Park

Delima

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

I do think there’s quite a big difference between maximising revenue for the club and maximising number of fans in the ground. They are related but not the same.

100% - only way to max revenue is more corporate 

How about keeping the stadium as is for the traditionalists and building a flat pack down the arse end of Newcastle for the 1992’ers?  Alternate home games between the 2? Allowing 140,000 people to watch, albeit fewer games. 

The atmosphere is bad almost everywhere and anywhere that's not would be without momentum and has been before.

In recent weeks I've heard Anfield described as "very, VERY, quiet" and Molineux asleep. Every forum you look on talks about how bad their atmosphere is.

Its nothing to do with stadium contours, standing v sitting (it was dead pre Keegan with 80% standing) is sort of to do with season ticket holders but only really as a generation. Were now a few generations into the sanitised non-aggressive (for better or worse) era - i cant see that being undone 

Can see it all over the net and on here how quickly and easily modern fans turn on their own team/club when the entertainment doesn't meet their standards - rather than get behind them or get on the opposition. Its hard to imagine that isn't replicated by those in the stadiums.

Don't think any normal fans went for 'entertainment' back in the day, people in the boxes maybe, it was a rare occurance in any event (Keegan and Ossie were exceptions at the time) but you kept going back because that wasn't your raison d'etre as a fan. Now it seems it very much is and the prices paid for entry, why wouldn't it be I suppose.

Edited by Jonas

I was the cup final and don’t agree, thought it was pretty even in the main. They were up, we were losing, and honestly playing shite, we had the most nervous set of fans of all time given we finally made a cup final. Man United fans I spoke to after told me they thought our fans were louder. Comparing your noise you hear from your own end to the one you hear on the other end doesn’t seem a great barometer of measure tbh.

People who saw on tv who were neutral told me they felt they heard our fans more and Man United only came alive when they felt it was over.

in any case, this argument is funny to me, not even sure why this point actually needs to be brought up every few months. Stop whinging about the fan noise not being up to your standard or how it used to be - it’s a widely known fact football and the sport supporting fan has changed. The best you can do is keep making noise, teach the youngins in your family or their friends how to do it and just hope it carries forward. 

28 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Interesting 

There isn’t much in the way of anything in the questionnaire.

It is basically asking if you use them, how often, how you get there, and if you have an allotment.

There is nothing in the way for the future of the parks at all.

34 minutes ago, Stifler said:

There isn’t much in the way of anything in the questionnaire.

It is basically asking if you use them, how often, how you get there, and if you have an allotment.

There is nothing in the way for the future of the parks at all.

Have they conducted any surveys like this recently or is this just coincidental after the recent Edward’s article?

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Have they conducted any surveys like this recently or is this just coincidental after the recent Edward’s article?

I’m not so sure. I have subscribed to them, but unless it’s relating to a specific development or project that I’m interested in, I usually just ignore them. They do often do them where the result, or objective is clear, and it seems to be a box ticking exercise.

4 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

We had the other end of the ground so a lot of fans never went near Wembley way or Baker St

The Wetherspoons and Globe were all Newcastle but was pretty shit compared to previous Wembley appearances.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Heard a rumour that Faisal bin Salman Al Saud has been spotted drinking in the Chilly Arms. Make of that what you will. 

Bloody hell! Massive

About the cup final, people need to remember that we had and still do have a sizable number of vocal fans locked out these days. As I've said before I went down to London with a group of lads and only one of us had a ticket. We lit up the pubs the night before but then on the day itself we watched in pubs or like me had to travel back to Newcastle to watch it. Our small group would have made a difference at Wembley, never mind the thousands of others in the same boat.