St James' Park

Delima

I think you'd have to be incredibly naive to believe they have any interest whatsoever in allowing someone else to invest in it. The club is being run towards a goal of essentially becoming Sports Direct FC.

Even if they did, what company in their right mind would want their brand advertised by the disgusting mess St James' has become?

I'm beginning to think this is more to do with the new fair play rules than just doing it for doing its sake.

Just my opinion, if it was the case why doesn't he just tell us that instead of this need to compete stuff, we all know that but what are the ins and outs of the fair play rules, maybe we could understand this decision more (if it was to do with the fair play rules), mind you that would be showing us some respect, that'll never happen.

f*** me, we're going to be awesome when these f***ing rules actually come into force.

They must be absolutely over the moon they have a remotely plausible concept to hide behind. Everything they do is geared towards this financial fair play.

Why oh why is there not a Geordie billionaire out there.

I think you'd have to be incredibly naive to believe they have any interest whatsoever in allowing someone else to invest in it. The club is being run towards a goal of essentially becoming Sports Direct FC.

Even if they did, what company in their right mind would want their brand advertised by the disgusting mess St James' has become?

This.

Ofcourse they won't sell the rights ffs.

This is saving Ashley millions of pounds a year and only now can he market NUFC to the Far East etc.

Cheers Sir John :thup:

That line really struck me. It's not even fucking hyperbole. If they could change the word "Newcastle" for a few million and get away with it, they really wouldn't hesitate for a moment.

Guest bimpy474

I'm beginning to think this is more to do with the new fair play rules than just doing it for doing its sake.

Just my opinion, if it was the case why doesn't he just tell us that instead of this need to compete stuff, we all know that but what are the ins and outs of the fair play rules, maybe we could understand this decision more (if it was to do with the fair play rules), mind you that would be showing us some respect, that'll never happen.

f*** me, we're going to be awesome when these f***ing rules actually come into force.

They must be absolutely over the moon they have a remotely plausible concept to hide behind. Everything they do is geared towards this financial fair play.

Why oh why is there not a Geordie billionaire out there.

Aye if only there was...:(

because they'd get their brand name in place where all the sports direct shit is and in all the media reportage from SJP it would be called by their branded name and if they're a global brand then considering the exposure of the premier league world wide thats valuable

Time will tell like, and if there is a company willing to do it and pay for the privilege I really fear what sort of outfit they will be anyway.

because they'd get their brand name in place where all the sports direct shit is and in all the media reportage from SJP it would be called by their branded name and if they're a global brand then considering the exposure of the premier league world wide thats valuable

If it's so valuable, why would Ashley give it up? He's getting it for free.

Guest bimpy474

That line really struck me. It's not even fucking hyperbole. If they could change the word "Newcastle" for a few million and get away with it, they really wouldn't hesitate for a moment.

You cant i dont think, it has to approved by the FA, like when Orient dropped the Leyton years ago, then added it again.

Might be blind hope but if this commercial interest doesn't materialise, could you see them changing it back? They can claim they listened to the fans and learnt from their mistakes etc. Maybe around season ticket renewal time.

No - because Ashley is getting free advertising with the club recieving no financial benefit.

and another thing.  If he's finding it hard to sustain running the club 'during these hard economic times'  has he never considered putting the club up for sale again and clawing back as much as he can?  Seems a logical option to me.

because theres no buyers

So why haven't they already done it since it's supposedly been up for grabs for two years? Are these investors really that thick that they need Ashley to coat the stadium in red and blue to realise that *SHOCK* you can advertise at a football ground?

Guest bimpy474

At a guess, he just doesn't want to put another penny into the club, getting someone else in saves him putting more money in, and i suppose because he cant find a buyer he feels lumbered with us, what a nice way for our club to be thought of :(

because he wants NUFC to pay for itself

Think people need to chill out tbh, we know he's a cunt and it's hardly surprising. I hope there's no protests at all because this could be a really good season and we dont need that bullshit.

Aye, what a shit time to come out with something like this eh?