St James' Park

Delima

For all you can say about Liverpool supporters, they stand up for what they believe in, big time. We bend over. You would never get anything like that at SJP.

They only managed to force that pair out because there was more lining up to buy their oh so famous club. They're as powerless as every other set of fans but are just placed in a lucky situation.

Edit: Also will be interesting to see how things go over the next couple of years. Henry is as ruthless a businessman as any other owner. You've already seen some of the sickening noises coming out of Anfield. I bet most of them wont be that bothered how they get there if they end up top of the pile again.

For all you can say about Liverpool supporters, they stand up for what they believe in, big time. We bend over. You would never get anything like that at SJP.

They only managed to force that pair out because there was more lining up to buy their oh so famous club. They're as powerless as every other set of fans but are just placed in a lucky situation.

wasn't the supporters rather the bank which wanted its money back

I've been reading into the Fair play rules, Ashley cant name the stadium Sports Direct Arena and pay the club for it, it would mean the owner putting large sums of money into the club, which is outlawed, so thats the naming rights explain to a degree, the fair rules are seemingly all about clubs living within their income, fair enough i suppose but all that will mean is bigger clubs will just get bigger surely.

Just read about the Man City stadium naming, http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/07/manchester-city-naming-rights.

Its says in that article that UEFA wont start looking into clubs books until 2013/14 but will take the previous two years into account as well.

I think you're a good poster mate but IMO you're totally deluded on this financial fair play nonsense and the part it will play. The top clubs rule, and will continue to do so.

I meant that JFT96 video but even if they are powerless, at least they do try, and get their point of view across.

A vocal protest about Sports Direct would hurt but would never happen at SJP.

I've been reading into the Fair play rules, Ashley cant name the stadium Sports Direct Arena and pay the club for it, it would mean the owner putting large sums of money into the club, which is outlawed, so thats the naming rights explain to a degree, the fair rules are seemingly all about clubs living within their income, fair enough i suppose but all that will mean is bigger clubs will just get bigger surely.

Just read about the Man City stadium naming, http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/07/manchester-city-naming-rights.

Its says in that article that UEFA wont start looking into clubs books until 2013/14 but will take the previous two years into account as well.

I think you're a good poster mate but IMO you're totally deluded on this financial fair play nonsense and the part it will play. The top clubs rule, and will continue to do so.

while I agree we won't see any of the big boys being thrown out as they all have expensive accountants and lawyers to find ways around those rules, I do think it will be trotted out as an excuse for other stadium name changes, they won't turn down down the chance to get more sponsorship

It just goes to prove that the board cannot be trusted and anything good they appear to do is a means to an end.

They may think they are softening the fans up for when they sell the rights but I think it might have been better if they had just waited until they did sell them.  At least then we would know there was money coming into the club whereas now everyone just thinks it is a smokescreen for promoting SD with no real intention or expectation that they will be able to find anyone wanting to buy the naming rights and therefore no additional income.

BTW other than the Spurs match, has Ashley been to any games this season?  He has never missed this many games before - seems strange when we have been doing well. 

Still can't believe this like. Even ignoring the idea itself, what spectacularly bad timing, just as we're riding high for the first time in years and years, to make such an unpopular and divisive decision ten games into the season. They probably think they're being really clever with it as well, when they should be doing their utmost to prevent against rocking the boat. Thick as fuck.

Guest bimpy474

Not sure whether to be flattered or flattened :D

Dont doubt the top clubs will still rule, infact i think the rules will suit them more, my point is these rules are to stop people buying clubs and using them to make money, just my opinion but i think these new rules wil have a much bigger effect than we all realise, not just to us but to all football clubs (except the big ones), big transfers will be out the window if the rules are implement as they appear to be written.

I hope it will pan out the way the fair play rules are as i see them, but i'm afraid you will be right and i'm just being deluded and clutching at straws tbh.

Guest bimpy474

Still can't believe this like. Even ignoring the idea itself, what spectacularly bad timing, just as we're riding high for the first time in years and years, to make such an unpopular and divisive decision ten games into the season. They probably think they're being really clever with it as well, when they should be doing their utmost to prevent against rocking the boat. Thick as fuck.

:sadnod:

the club post a link to the story on .cock through their facebook page.  Needless to say its full of comments showing disgust.

Thick as mince.

They're deleting all the negative ones. Nice one lads. :lol:

tbh this is as good a time as any to release this, international break long time til next home game no doubt hoping things might calm down before then and games no one expects us to get anything out of anyway up next

doubt this will have any meaningful effect on the season other than some bad press which will blow over after Saturday when the medias attention turns to how England did against Spain

the club post a link to the story on .cock through their facebook page.  Needless to say its full of comments showing disgust.

Thick as mince.

You're kidding? :lol:

Thick as mince.

So that'll be all of them then? :lol: