St James' Park

Delima

Didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone about this until the weekend but it surprised me how "meh" most people I spoke to were.

With the internet fuelled outrage and airings from the usual media darlings and luvvies I expected a lot more fury.

This may be because most of the people I spoke to about it are the sorts who would never refer to the stadium as anything other than St.James' anyway, which is what it will always be, but most seemed to think if anyone is daft enough to pay £10M to have it called the Burger King Bowl or the Evo-Stik Arena then good luck to them.

it's often the case. many on here seem to think the wider world agrees with them but the truth is often elsewhere.

you think people not on this board arnt that bothered? not my experience tbh.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Lee Ryder talking of an Alan Shearer statue being put up before next year for the Olympics.

He scored some great goals at the Sports Direct.

Didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone about this until the weekend but it surprised me how "meh" most people I spoke to were.

With the internet fuelled outrage and airings from the usual media darlings and luvvies I expected a lot more fury.

This may be because most of the people I spoke to about it are the sorts who would never refer to the stadium as anything other than St.James' anyway, which is what it will always be, but most seemed to think if anyone is daft enough to pay £10M to have it called the Burger King Bowl or the Evo-Stik Arena then good luck to them.

it's often the case. many on here seem to think the wider world agrees with them but the truth is often elsewhere.

you think people not on this board arnt that bothered? not my experience tbh.

Same here, all of the people I've spoken to are really fucked off about it.

Actually I'd probably agree there. Most of the people (many of whom are season ticket holders) I've spoken to over the last few days don't really care what he calls it. The "everyone will still call it St. James' Park" line has made an appearance a lot.

I genuinely don't think the reaction out in the big wide world is anywhere near as bad as it is online.

people are just conned by an unsustainable league position. if we were 11th and he did this , you would hear far more protest. tho ive heard pretty much absolute disgust at it myself.

That bellend is still sat outside SJP, got a little cronie along with him now. He's turned his board over now though, so rather than it saying 'Sack The Board' and written 'Ashley and Llambias Out'.

Was just talking to an Eintracht Frankfurt supporter. Like most German stadiums, theirs is branded. "The official name is the Commerzbank Stadion but nobody calls it that. We still call it the Waldstadion."

Likewise Leicester fans hate the the King Power Stadium, it will always be the Walkers to them.

Was just talking to an Eintracht Frankfurt supporter. Like most German stadiums, theirs is branded. "The official name is the Commerzbank Stadion but nobody calls it that. We still call it the Waldstadion."

Likewise Leicester fans hate the the King Power Stadium, it will always be the Walkers to them.

:lol:

That bellend is still sat outside SJP, got a little cronie along with him now. He's turned his board over now though, so rather than it saying 'Sack The Board' and written 'Ashley and Llambias Out'.

He's persistent I'll give him that.

Whats in a name?? we are still NUFC what does it matter.  Don't tell me I'm not a true supporter because I'm a born and bred geordie and supported the club fo nearly 60 years.  Times change, it's time to move on, we are in a big money business initially due to Sky TV things have changed. To be honest I was very anti Ashley but credit where it's due he has dug the club out of a massive hole left by Freddy Shepherd & Co, we have brought in some geat 'unknown' players and eventually some stability.  Time would bew better spent supporting Ashley and taking the blinkers off.