St James' Park

Delima

Something important for me about supporting Newcastle is the history and the pride i feel when i tell people that i support this club. SJP is probably the most important thing in this club's history and i don't want to remove that name for any money. A club of our size should be able to compete without selling our soul.

Unfortunately having a big stadium counts for very little when it comes to competing now.

Hopefully this financial fair play rule goes some way to changing that but we still should look to maximise our income.

Something important for me about supporting Newcastle is the history and the pride i feel when i tell people that i support this club. SJP is probably the most important thing in this club's history and i don't want to remove that name for any money. A club of our size should be able to compete without selling our soul.

Unfortunately having a big stadium counts for very little when it comes to competing now.

Hopefully this financial fair play rule goes some way to changing that but we still should look to maximise our income.

does the renaming of an existing stadium comply with the financial fair play rules?

does the renaming of an existing stadium comply with the financial fair play rules?

Not sure why it wouldn't.

Im not sure where to check, tbh, but I heard somewhere this week- one of the 'Rules' was about Income from New/ Existing stadiums selling Off naming rights.-

Im not sure where to check, tbh, but I heard somewhere this week- one of the 'Rules' was about Income from New/ Existing stadiums selling Off naming rights.-

Not heard of that, they're looking at Man City because they're doing it but it's down to how much they're getting and who from.

Don't the financial fair play rules only apply to the teams competing in Europe? Have I got this wrong? ???

Where can I read these rules- somebody quoted a rule number about stadium naming- wish the fuck I could remember where. needs looking into- im too busy watching a man stick cameras up squids arses- pretty interesting.

Don't the financial fair play rules only apply to the teams competing in Europe? Have I got this wrong? ???

If you break it they won't let you in apparently, we'll have to see if they stick by it.

Something going on with the government too about making clubs sort their finances out too.

what price would people put on renaming SJP?

priceless

Same and my reasoning goes deep down into the sentimental. For me, what St. James' Park symbolised was not only the history, tradition, pride and passion of Newcastle United and us as fans but the pride of the city too.

The fact that people (some of my mates for example) who don't even follow/dislike football are also criticising Ashley for this says a lot. It's like the very soul of the city has been taken away.

Guest bimpy474

Where can I read these rules- somebody quoted a rule number about stadium naming- wish the fuck I could remember where. needs looking into- im too busy watching a man stick cameras up squids arses- pretty interesting.

Naming rights are allowed but investigated by UEFA (included in the Fair Play Rules) to see if they are above board, fair and not trying to get around the rules.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/protectingthegame/financialfairplay/news/newsid=1590370.html

The rules themselves.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Naming rights are allowed but investigated by UEFA (included in the Fair Play Rules) to see if they are above board, fair and not trying to get around the rules.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/protectingthegame/financialfairplay/news/newsid=1590370.html

The rules themselves.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

cheers.

I only asked my question as it didn't seem too long ago that many of our fans were quite happy to ditch the history and tradition of SJP and move to castle leazes.

I always felt that was Sir John putting pressure on the Council, as was moving to Gateshead or Washington amongst other possible places mentioned.

Guest johnson293

I only asked my question as it didn't seem too long ago that many of our fans were quite happy to ditch the history and tradition of SJP and move to castle leazes.

Not from what I remember!

From what I remember, the main/only opposition to those 'Castle Leazes' plans came from a group called 'Friends of Leazes park' or something, who seemed worried about losing park space, fronted by one woman in particular who was worried she'd lose the park space to walk her dog on.

I remember because I worked with someone at the time, who lived in the listed buildings behind the East stand, and knew quite a lot about it.

Not from what I remember!

i remember the bile that woman from "no business on the moor" got.