St James' Park

Delima

it's football that lost it's soul but i'm addicted. i don't recall complaints when shirt advertising was brought in or the gallowgate became whatever the hell it's now called.

Shirt advertising replaced nothing, the Gallowgate name changed when the Gallowgate was replaced with a new stand which was given a new name.

of course it replaced stuff, a big blue star replaced black and white stripes on the front of the shirt. whatever the new name is for the gallowgate replaced gallowgate on my season ticket (which is basically all the stadium name change is)

Guest sicko2ndbest

I am fully behind the name change in a purely professional business basis. Football is a business like it or not, so all decisions need to be based on such.

The re-naming, as long as the club secures the appropriate funding, is the correct decision

of course it replaced stuff, a big blue star replaced black and white stripes on the front of the shirt. whatever the new name is for the gallowgate replaced gallowgate on my season ticket (which is basically all the stadium name change is)

The black and white stripes weren't replaced, the blue star was positioned on a black stripe in the centre of the shirt, below the unbro and club badge. 

As for the Gallowgate, did we have season tickets before it was rebuilt?  Also, the Gallowgate was replaced, St James' hasn't been so it's not the same.

I am fully behind the name change in a purely professional business basis. Football is a business like it or not, so all decisions need to be based on such.

The re-naming, as long as the club secures the appropriate funding, is the correct decision

Rubbish.

and change it back if it doesn't. i think most are of the opinion though that they have no intention of trying to find a new name sponsor.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Rubbish.

Ironic having read your musings!

To me, the name St. James' Park is a part of our club's character and soul, and should have been left well alone. In my opinion our investment in the first team will always remain as it is now because MA is a proven liar. He'd sell his own mother for the right price.

So how long does it have to be in Sports Direct Arena limbo without securing the appropriate funding before you conceed it was the incorrect decision?

The black and white stripes weren't replaced, the blue star was positioned on a black stripe in the centre of the shirt, below the unbro and club badge. 

As for the Gallowgate, did we have season tickets before it was rebuilt?  Also, the Gallowgate was replaced, St James' hasn't been so it's not the same.

How much of the current St James Park is original?

Taking the logic that the Gallowgate has been replace, then surely the current stadium has been in place since around 1999/2000 in its total form?

Taking the logic that the Gallowgate has been replace, then surely the current stadium has been in place since around 1999/2000 in its total form?

The land that the ground is built on is St James' Park, it's older than the club.

Guest neesy111

The land that the ground is built on is St James' Park, it's older than the club.

I'm sure it wasn't called SJP 2000 years ago.......

Anybody who thinks a football club is just like any other business clearly don't know what they are talking about.

Try running it without customers, employees, paying taxes etc etc.

The only difference to most businesses (but not all) is the emotional attachment

That is a massive, massive difference.

Guest neesy111

I'm sure it wasn't called SJP 2000 years ago.......

:coolsmiley:

I'm sure the club isn't 2000 years old, stop playing up to your stereotype.

You're playing to yours as well.

Don't anyone kid themselves.. Newcastle united is an investment to him. He hasn't cleared our debt out of goodwill, he's cleared it because after he bought nufc it was his debt. If he gave 2 shits about what fans opinions are he wouldn't be messing with the stadium name as he has done.

And the only chance of the name SJP being restored is if either someone else buys nufc or if us fans continue to kick up enough fuss to make it not worth his effort

He owns the club, He spent blah blah blah and we buy a product from him - that's how he see's it. If we don't like the product we should look at other brands on offer for a similar price - hell he will probably start price matching next. "If you can see a premier league game for less than here we will match that price"

He is a businessman plain and simple and looks for additional revenue streams where possible, there is no room for sentiment in business despite what the customers are passionate about.

I personally fucking hate the ripping down of signs and changing our identity but its his business and I buy a product and will likely continue to do so.

What annoys me is that when he sells the club he new owner/the club has to pay him back £10million a year for 10 years because of the interest free loan he gave to the club.

On top of this though he's getting his free £10million a year shit all over the stadium. Surely that should be deducted? But no of course it won't be.

He is and will get a hell of a lot of money back for the owning of this club.

Guest neesy111

What annoys me is that when he sells the club he new owner/the club has to pay him back £10million a year for 10 years because of the interest free loan he gave to the club.

On top of this though he's getting his free £10million a year shit all over the stadium. Surely that should be deducted? But no of course it won't be.

That doesn't make sense mate tbh.

Ashley as it stands has still lost an astonishing amount of money which is his own stupid fault.

On top of this though he's getting his free £10million a year s*** all over the stadium. Surely that should be deducted? But no of course it won't be.

That doesn't make sense mate tbh.

Ashley as it stands has still lost an astonishing amount of money which is his own stupid fault.

He has paid the debts off for the club. Not through his own personal gesture, but to keep the club afloat.

I'm sure he has it written in that the club will repay him this debt.

So when he leaves the club will pay him the total of £100 million quid.

On top of this add up all the penny pinching and net spend over the years and the free hoardings/naming rights of the stadium.

At the minute he might be out of pocket, but by the time he leaves he will have advertised his company worldwide for x amount of years. and will get a hell of a lot of money back