St James' Park

Delima

anyone else slightly concerned about this? It's great to have them back but I've yet to see any statement from the gates that's convinced me they really want to be here. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

Couldn't help but notice they wern't in Perch's stag do pictures. clear rift in the camp.

Guest Howaythetoon

A coincidence this news comes out on the eve of reappointing Kinnear....

This club man.

This club man.

My thoughts exactly. :lol: We should never enjoy good news man, there's something around the corner every time.

Guest Slippery Sam

This club man.

My thoughts exactly. :lol: We should never enjoy good news man, there's something around the corner every time.

The thing is, it wasn't 'good' news. No one gives a flying fuck about these gates.

This club man.

The thing is, it wasn't 'good' news. No one gives a flying fuck about these gates.

I was thinking about the Sports Direct shit coming off the Gallowgate roof.

The portacabin club shop is one of my first memories.

Anyone got a photo of it?

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%203/NUFCMemories2.jpg

Nah that wasn't it, I think it was at the stadium.

Shearers is a crap bar tbh, avoid it like the plague on a matchday.

That's not a reason to close it... The fact we had a bar called 'Shearers' was always very quaint and was another reason for people to visit our beautiful stadium. It's just more soul being ripped out of the club.

However, our information is that Shearer’s name will be removed for good and Shearer’s Bar divided up into smaller units serving mainly corporate fans/guests.

Disgraceful.

Guest neesy111

Shearers is a crap bar tbh, avoid it like the plague on a matchday.

That's not a reason to close it... The fact we had a bar called 'Shearers' was always very quaint and was another reason for people to visit our beautiful stadium. It's just more soul being ripped out of the club.

However, our information is that Shearer’s name will be removed for good and Shearer’s Bar divided up into smaller units serving mainly corporate fans/guests.

Disgraceful.

Really?

Every time I go past it on a non match day, there's hardly anyone in.

Really?

I know that, and obviously it could be much better, but there's nothing wrong with the idea. Why close it when it could be improved?

Instead we're just pandering to 'VIPs'. I don't want Newcastle United to become that kind of club.

Guest neesy111

Really?

I know that, and obviously it could be much better, but there's nothing wrong with the idea. Why close it when it could be improved?

Instead we're just pandering to 'VIPs'. I don't want Newcastle United to become that kind of club.

The terrace bar has opened, no need for 2 bars to be open right next to each other.

Really?

The terrace bar has opened, no need for 2 bars to be open right next to each other.

But that's not the point I'm trying to make. There was no need to open up another bar in the first place.

Guest Roger Kint

Shearer's is fucking shit. I really don't understand why anyone is sad to see it go.

This. Expensive, luke warm beer and takes ages to get served. If it was called Fumaca's nobody would give a shit at all.

Yup, it's just the name.  Last time I was in there was before the Anzhi game and that was because I was running a bit late and wanted a quick pint of pissy water.  Worst pint I've had and that's saying something for the town! Absolutely rank.

Shearer's is fucking shit. I really don't understand why anyone is sad to see it go.

This. Expensive, luke warm beer and takes ages to get served. If it was called Fumaca's nobody would give a shit at all.

That's sort of the point though isn't it, that it's a shame there won't be a bar called Shearers anymore as it was a nice touch and he's probably our most famous player across Europe.

That's sort of the point though isn't it, that it's a shame there won't be a bar called Shearers anymore as it was a nice touch and he's probably our most famous player across Europe.

And he probably doesn't want his name associated with that shit hole.

And he probably doesn't want his name associated with that shit hole.

You asked him like? Why didn't they call the new place Shearers?