St James' Park

Delima

Skin ‏@mloughhead 51m

More horrible advertising going up at SJP

Bw8rXioIcAA-rEL.jpg

I refuse to shop in SD. Does anyone else?

Of course i won't give fat Mike a penny of my money.

I'd rather pay more money for the same item at a higher priced store or wait for delivery from an online store than line the fat mans pocket with any of my hard earned cash. I've seen tidier garage sales too.

Might have been mentioned elsewhere but the Superleague magic weekend being held here in May. Only free flowing "football" the ground will see this season.

Aye, saw that. Brilliant move. A football-mad city that has a crap rugby union side only a handful of people are bothered about and the only rugby league interest is, or was, Gateshead Thunder.  :lol:

Guest antz1uk

Skin ‏@mloughhead 51m

More horrible advertising going up at SJP

Bw8rXioIcAA-rEL.jpg

I refuse to shop in SD. Does anyone else?

Of course i won't give fat Mike a penny of my money.

This is just more proof that this is about winding up the fans imo. That sign serves no marketing purpose whatsoever given the countless Sports Direct signs already in the ground and viewable from that area.

Absolutely nee idea why they're going to the expense of putting up a massive SD sign when we all know the scoreboard is just going to be a massive advert anyway

http://i.imgur.com/qa61FJz.png

what I always dreamed of

A fucking scoreboard? Fuck off, I'd rather keep the clean sights through the glass sidings. Scoreboards and giant screens are used for 1 thing, advertising. Fuck well off, stop fucking with SJP.

On positive news, SJP is expected to host the super leagues magic weekend in May.

To be closely followed by goal music.

That would be it for me.  Ive not been for a long time but goal music would seal my soccer fate. m

I've always said similar. The first time I hear some music after a goal I'm out. The game has changed and loads of it for the better but a significant part of what sent my pulse racing at the match has gone.

They're taking the fucking piss not only doing this, but advertising it as something to be celebrated.

Everything they do is try and make fans appreciate the club for doing anything other than provide football.

We're encouraged to celebrate LED screens, deals with Papa John, balance sheets, deals with Puma and Wonga, low ticket prices, discounts on shitty third-kits and whatever the fuck, as long as it has no connection to Newcastle United winning games or scoring goals or not losing horribly all the time.

This isn't a football club anymore.