St James' Park

Delima

Interesting idea. Murrayfield for our home games in the interim?

Pretty sure the uni have sold Leazes Tce from what I’ve heard n all, not that it’ll make much difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone free Thursday next week?

Between 4pm-7pm there is a public consultation (at the Sandman hotel) regarding the new proposed development on the Strawberry land (St James’ Park Metro station).

I think it’s very important for as many fans as possible to go and make sure that we don’t want a development that will prevent a FULL expansion of the Gallowgate end (not a smaller or partial expansion), and the Metro station.

Greg[/member] any chance you could make it? I know this is the sort of stuff that you do for a living.

Between 4pm-7pm there is a public consultation (at the Sandman hotel) regarding the new proposed development on the Strawberry land (St James’ Park Metro station).

I think it’s very important for as many fans as possible to go and make sure that we don’t want a development that will prevent a FULL expansion of the Gallowgate end (not a smaller or partial expansion), and the Metro station.

Greg[/member] any chance you could make it? I know this is the sort of stuff that you do for a living.

Stifleaay[/member]

Ive just been talking about this with our Commercial Real Estate team at work.  Our land lord has already informed us the plans are to be one 18 floor tower and one 20 (iircc).  Also the developers are Ashley's son in law.

Stifleaay[/member]

Ive just been talking about this with our Commercial Real Estate team at work.  Our land lord has already informed us the plans are to be one 18 floor tower and one 20 (iircc).  Also the developers are Ashley's son in law.

It his son in laws father. I have suspected it for a while, but I have not been able to confirm it.

The same guy owns a company called ‘Lazarus developments’ which owns a number of bars in Newcastle. The company is based in Doncaster.

Stifleaay[/member]

It his son in laws father. I have suspected it for a while, but I have not been able to confirm it.

The same guy owns a company called ‘Lazarus developments’ which owns a number of bars in Newcastle. The company is based in Doncaster.

Grim

Stifleaay[/member]

Grim

I stood up and told people at Magpie group meetings. I have tried to tell the Chronicle who just don’t listen. Greg tried to get the Guardian to do an expose on it, they never did.

Stifleaay[/member]

Grim

I stood up and told people at Magpie group meetings. I have tried to tell the Chronicle who just don’t listen. Greg tried to get the Guardian to do an expose on it, they never did.

Jesus man.

So Ashley flogs land that NUFC own and then makes sure it stays within the family.  :undecided:

Stifleaay[/member]

Grim

Jesus man.

So Ashley flogs land that NUFC own and then makes sure it stays within the family.  :undecided:

Basically. In my searching I found that one of the companies his father in law has (Michael Murray, same name as his son, hence why you might have thought he sold it to his son in law), Ashley is actually the largest shareholder.

Stifleaay[/member]

Grim

Jesus man.

Basically. In my searching I found that one of the companies his father in law has (Michael Murray, same name as his son, hence why you might have thought he sold it to his son in law), Ashley is actually the largest shareholder.

Its unreal, he's totally asset stripped NUFC of a valuable asset and we have morons on TV telling us he is good for NUFC. :lol: :lol:

Would be a complete waste of anyone's time, unfortunately. It's going to happen and nothing will be done to stop it. It's a new stadium or bust going forward if NUFC want to expand. Ashley has won, we are f*cked and it has all happened with barely a whimper of complaint from anyone within the city. Geordie pride eh?

This where the likes of the Magpie Group should have been directing their energy, instead of pointless chants outside of SJP & Sports Direct on Northumberland Street. Days to go until Rafa's probable last ever home game and not a peep out of them for months. They have shown themselves to be utterly inept at effecting any kind of change.

Would be a complete waste of anyone's time, unfortunately. It's going to happen and nothing will be done to stop it. It's a new stadium or bust going forward if NUFC want to expand. Ashley has won, we are f*cked and it has all happened with barely a whimper of complaint from anyone within the city. Geordie pride eh?

This where the likes of the Magpie Group should have been directing their energy, instead of pointless chants outside of SJP & Sports Direct on Northumberland Street. Days to go until Rafa's probable last ever home game and not a peep out of them for months. They have shown themselves to be utterly inept at effecting any kind of change.

Out of interest what did you offer up in the way of forcing change?

Out of interest what did you offer up in the way of forcing change?

Gave up my season ticket, will not set foot in SJP till Ashley has gone. Absolutely refused to buy anything from SD. Attended all Magpie Group meetings & events. Phoned radio phone-ins. Had numerous arguments with friends & family to try to convince them to boycott matches. Enlightened them on the scandal of how Ashley is quietly asset stripping us and how they are actively supporting it by continuing to turn up at SJP and renewing their season tickets.

Any ideas of what else I could have done?

Guest chopey

So as well as no extension of the stadium it will no longer form part of the skyline because of these Ashley towers ?

So as well as no extension of the stadium it will no longer form part of the skyline because of these Ashley towers ?

Not just that, but the Metro will not be able to be expanded west wards from SJP. This is pretty much the only way to extend it, without developing lines separately from the current lines.

Not just that, but the Metro will not be able to be expanded west wards from SJP. This is pretty much the only way to extend it, without developing lines separately from the current lines.

The metro has been there for 30 years without being expanded westwards, it's a non issue.

Guest neesy111

Non issue, it'll never be expanded west.

Guest godzilla

Non issue, it'll never be expanded west.

It is in the thinking to be, as is a whole host of other areas also. Wouldn't happen for 20 plus years anyway and would take a massive amount of money in a form of a grant from the government. Having in recent times paid huge amounts for the upgrade of the system (still ongoing) and the new Metro Fleet (upcoming), I don't think the government will see expansion as a priority anytime soon.