St James' Park

Delima

Guest neesy111

So as well as no extension of the stadium it will no longer form part of the skyline because of these Ashley towers ?

Not just that, but the Metro will not be able to be expanded west wards from SJP. This is pretty much the only way to extend it, without developing lines separately from the current lines.

Non issue, it'll never be expanded west.

It is in the thinking to be, as is a whole host of other areas also. Wouldn't happen for 20 plus years anyway and would take a massive amount of money in a form of a grant from the government. Having in recent times paid huge amounts for the upgrade of the system (still ongoing) and the new Metro Fleet (upcoming), I don't think the government will see expansion as a priority anytime soon.

Not even that, the best extension to the west end would be via central station

So as well as no extension of the stadium it will no longer form part of the skyline because of these Ashley towers ?

Not just that, but the Metro will not be able to be expanded west wards from SJP. This is pretty much the only way to extend it, without developing lines separately from the current lines.

It is in the thinking to be, as is a whole host of other areas also. Wouldn't happen for 20 plus years anyway and would take a massive amount of money in a form of a grant from the government. Having in recent times paid huge amounts for the upgrade of the system (still ongoing) and the new Metro Fleet (upcoming), I don't think the government will see expansion as a priority anytime soon.

No it wouldn’t. The Chronicle and Nexus came up with that story right after I told the Chronicle about how the Metro would be prevented from expanding and asked Nexus for a comment about why they hadn’t insisted on it when NCC said in the planning documents that the plans would only be approved if Nexus approved.

St Jame’s Park Metro station was built with an extension in mind, either via tunnels, or for the tunnels to rise up to street level and from tram-trains to operate.

Central station offers no way for Metro’s to be connected to the current system. The best they could get is a tram-train system going along Scotswood road, however the section of the line needed to do that has platforms that are used by trains to Manchester Airport and Liverpool at a frequency that wouldn’t allow for Metro to use them, and a frequency that is set to be increased. There is nowhere else where the Metro’s could use the main part of central station because of capacity issues.

Guest godzilla

You have to think about the engineering side though and the most practicable and cheapest way of building the infrastruture and laying the track. The initial thoughts are that it would go through St James, Quayside and up to Team Valley and the Metrocentre. They will go with whatever is cheapest IF it ever comes to fruition. Look at the Sunderland extension, used existing Network Rail infrastructure as it was the cheapest option, even though many people argued that the best long term solution would be to go via the Metro Centre and Washington. This has resulted in potential long term profits in this extension being minimised to a pretty large extent.

Highlighted today’s developments and pretty much the confirmation that Ashley has sold the land to his parent in law. This is information that I have emailed them plenty of times and begged them to publish it or look into it more. They have never responded to me, instead they made a bullshit article saying how the Metro could be extended from Central Station.

Today I made public tweet about this information, one reporter from the Chronicle told me that it was fake news. I told him that I had spend months researching this and even told them about it numerous times. He gave me his email in order to pass on details to him. I have told him to stick it, I’ll fight for my city on my own.

Anyone who thinks the Chronicle is out for the benefit of our area is deluded, bunch of scum bags.

Is anyone free Thursday next week?

Between 4pm-7pm there is a public consultation (at the Sandman hotel) regarding the new proposed development on the Strawberry land (St James’ Park Metro station).

I think it’s very important for as many fans as possible to go and make sure that we don’t want a development that will prevent a FULL expansion of the Gallowgate end (not a smaller or partial expansion), and the Metro station.

Greg[/member] any chance you could make it? I know this is the sort of stuff that you do for a living.

Would be a complete waste of anyone's time, unfortunately. It's going to happen and nothing will be done to stop it. It's a new stadium or bust going forward if NUFC want to expand. Ashley has won, we are f*cked and it has all happened with barely a whimper of complaint from anyone within the city. Geordie pride eh?

This where the likes of the Magpie Group should have been directing their energy, instead of pointless chants outside of SJP & Sports Direct on Northumberland Street. Days to go until Rafa's probable last ever home game and not a peep out of them for months. They have shown themselves to be utterly inept at effecting any kind of change.

Out of interest what did you offer up in the way of forcing change?

Gave up my season ticket, will not set foot in SJP till Ashley has gone. Absolutely refused to buy anything from SD. Attended all Magpie Group meetings & events. Phoned radio phone-ins. Had numerous arguments with friends & family to try to convince them to boycott matches. Enlightened them on the scandal of how Ashley is quietly asset stripping us and how they are actively supporting it by continuing to turn up at SJP and renewing their season tickets.

Any ideas of what else I could have done?

Don’t give up hope and encourage others positively. I know it can be frustrating though :thup:

Guest godzilla

Have there been any plans to expand the metro from St James' ?

There is plans to the west end, quayside, team valley and metro centre. Be years off even if they do come into play, which depends on mass finance from the government. There are other plans in consideration also for other areas.

There is plans to the west end, quayside, team valley and metro centre. Be years of even if they do come into play, which depends on mass finance from the government. There are other plans in consideration also for other areas.

I'd have though the west end plans would've been from Central station.

Highlighted today’s developments and pretty much the confirmation that Ashley has sold the land to his parent in law. This is information that I have emailed them plenty of times and begged them to publish it or look into it more. They have never responded to me, instead they made a bullshit article saying how the Metro could be extended from Central Station.

Today I made public tweet about this information, one reporter from the Chronicle told me that it was fake news. I told him that I had spend months researching this and even told them about it numerous times. He gave me his email in order to pass on details to him. I have told him to stick it, I’ll fight for my city on my own.

Anyone who thinks the Chronicle is out for the benefit of our area is deluded, bunch of scum bags.

First thing I would do if I had gazillions to buy NUFC would be to permanently ban the Chronicle from the club. Would love to see the shock on their faces. They have let this city down over the last 12 years on an unprecendented level by letting the fat cunt run amok. And the City Council are no better so I'd be banning those fuckers too.

Guest neesy111

First thing I would do if I had gazillions to buy NUFC would be to permanently ban the Chronicle from the club. Would love to see the shock on their faces. They have let this city down over the last 12 years on an unprecendented level by letting the fat cunt run amok. And the City Council are no better so I'd be banning those fuckers too.

Jesus wept.

What's your deleted tweet he's replying to?

Pretty much the same the first picture in the tweet about Ashley selling to his parent in law. I deleted the convo because he started calling me a liar and I told him to fuck off and that I spent months doing the job him and his mates couldn’t be fucking arsed to do. He also called me a liar for not telling the Chronicle, so I told him to fuck off again. Then the Tyne and Wear Metro got involved saying they would not accept that language on their channel, despite it being my Twitter thread. So I told them to fuck off because they were just as bad as well.

Guest godzilla

There is plans to the west end, quayside, team valley and metro centre. Be years of even if they do come into play, which depends on mass finance from the government. There are other plans in consideration also for other areas.

If you see at my post above, you have to take into account the engineering side and what is more what is most practicable and cheapest way of building the infrastruture and laying the track for any possible extension. If you built it from Central the knock on effect in terms of mass disruption to the city centre and the probable effects on the national rail network at Central for an extended period of time would imho not be allowed.

You have to lay track, signalling, points overhead line etc. and in terms of an engineering, commerce, local and political aspects this would be a nightmare and I just can't see it happening. That's why the potential plans in place go a totally different direction.

What's your deleted tweet he's replying to?

Pretty much the same the first picture in the tweet about Ashley selling to his parent in law. I deleted the convo because he started calling me a liar and I told him to fuck off and that I spent months doing the job him and his mates couldn’t be fucking arsed to do. He also called me a liar for not telling the Chronicle, so I told him to fuck off again. Then the Tyne and Wear Metro got involved saying they would not accept that language on their channel, despite it being my Twitter thread. So I told them to fuck off because they were just as bad as well.

:lol:

What are the specific companies/people?

If you see at my post above, you have to take into account the engineering side and what is more what is most practicable and cheapest way of building the infrastruture and laying the track for any possible extension. If you built it from Central the knock on effect in terms of mass disruption to the city centre and the probable effects on the national rail network at Central for an extended period of time would imho not be allowed.

You have to lay track, signalling, points overhead line etc. and in terms of an engineering, commerce, local and political aspects this would be a nightmare and I just can't see it happening. That's why the potential plans in place go a totally different direction.

There was little disruption to heavy rail during the original building of central station metro. Throw in the easily accessible corridor west of the Central, that would make more sense using the existing track bed that's now a cycle path as opposed to going through Arthur's hill ?

Guest godzilla

There was little disruption to heavy rail during the original building of central station metro. Throw in the easily accessible corridor west of the Central, that would make more sense using the existing track bed that's now a cycle path as opposed to going through Arthur's hill ?

This was discussed and found not to be feasible. The disruption would be heavy as the original work was mainly adjacent to the national rail and running parallel in the direction to Gateshead and Monument. Going to the West End wouldn’t be. It would also stop all Metro services into the city centre and heavily disrupt bus services also. It’s not only Nexus who make these findings, the feasibility studies were done in conjunction with Network Rail and the Council. Going via St James (which apart from events at St James) has one of the lowest patronage on the system would be the most feasible and have far less impact by a massive margin. You then have to look at the effect on commerce in the city centre.

This was discussed and found not to be feasible. The disruption would be heavy as the original work was mainly adjacent to the national rail and running parallel in the direction to Gateshead and Monument. Going to the West End wouldn’t be. It would also stop all Metro services into the city centre and heavily disrupt bus services also. It’s not only Nexus who make these findings, the feasibility studies were done in conjunction with Network Rail and the Council. Going via St James (which apart from events at St James) has one of the lowest patronage on the system would be the most feasible and have far less impact by a massive margin. You then have to look at the effect on commerce in the city centre.

I'd like to see their workings out on this as theres already existing line down to Forth yard. It would  mean joining that up with the Central metro line. Work on St James' metro will be easier but the rest of the line , even a link from there to the riverside branch would seem to be more hassle than joing up to Central station metro.

Guest godzilla

I'd like to see their workings out on this as theres already existing line down to Forth yard. It would  mean joining that up with the Central metro line. Work on St James' metro will be easier but the rest of the line , even a link from there to the riverside branch would seem to be more hassle than joing up to Central station metro.

And where would they join up with the Central metro line then, bearing in mind you have trains coming from Gateshead and Monument every 7 minutes?

And where would they join up with the Central metro line then, bearing in mind you have trains coming from Gateshead and Monument every 7 minutes?

Underground junction under what is now car parking to west of Central station so metros could leave the station as they do now.Similar could be asked of the St James' plan, where would they go after if they were going west or joining on to riverside branch ?

Guest godzilla

Underground junction under what is now car parking to west of Central station so metros could leave the station as they do now.Similar could be asked of the St James' plan, where would they go after if they were going west or joining on to riverside branch ?

Wouldn’t work, too many trains into an overhead subsection. Unless you want to reduce  the number of trains running into the city centre from Gateshead and Monument. Why don’t you write to Nexus and ask them to  give you details as to why not?

Wouldn’t work, too many trains into an overhead subsection. Unless you want to reduce  the number of trains running into the city centre from Gateshead and Monument. Why don’t you write to Nexus and ask them to  give you details as to why not?

I might. Better still I know some who work on the engineering side for Network rail (planning), they may know.

Guest godzilla

I might. Better still I know some who work on the engineering side for Network rail (planning), they may know.

Possibly or he/she should have a general idea from their side, but not from Nexus so if you want specific details on that you need to write to Nexus. I know it can’t be done the way you’re thinking as you can’t link into the Central line without massively disrupting current Metro services into the city centre. There are a number of reasons why St James would be used if this extension did take place and that’s why the provisional plans were set using St James. Be years off anyway if it ever does.